Bring Back Pirate Legend Curse

• I am an OG player and missed the Pirate Legend curse given to players for reaching tier 100 in Season 1. Could Rare bring it back for OG players that missed it and for new Pirate Legends. Or even create a new different Pirate Legend Curse for players to unlock.

Views
  • Agreed. It's about time, Rare. I want the PL curse to return, possibly as a rep 30 reward.

• Every time someone asks they delay it...

• @pithyrumble said in Bring Back Pirate Legend Curse:

Every time someone asks they delay it...

Bring....back......
    dramitic silence
    more dramatic silence
    Even more dramatic silence
    .........................................................................................................................
    Dramatic silence intesifies
    small dramatic silence
    really loud dramatic silence
    just normal dramatic silence...
    drumroll please
    Merrick I miss him :(
    this is the part where you sigh a big sigh of relief....
    Just kidding lol bring back pirate legend curse
    and this is where you gasp a big gasp of shock

• Only if you unlock it for a new milestone called "times spent sitting on Athenas Fortune tavern" class 100.

One class is 60 minutes.

• What if they just release an alt version of all the glowy green PL stuff from each season? Like a purple version of the Legendary Curse from S1, the Shackled Phantom Hull from S2, the Ferry of the Damned Figurehead from S3...

Those are the only season rewards anyone seems to whine about... nobody's ever up in arms about the Accomplished Parrot Cutlass 🤣

• I've got the PL curse but would be for an alternate curse that just give you glowing eyes and not the athena logo on your chest

• I feel like it should not be brought back as it gives those pirates who earned it then a sort of prestige that Rare is trying to give them for doing this then. Much of the game is Time-gated cosmetics, its illogical to think Rare would bring it back and honestly would suck for all those PL who did earn it originally.

• It was odd it was season reward . I got it but it was strange move

• @elwell4 said in Bring Back Pirate Legend Curse:

I am an OG player and missed the Pirate Legend curse given to players for reaching tier 100 in Season 1. Could Rare bring it back for OG players that missed it and for new Pirate Legends. Or even create a new different Pirate Legend Curse for players to unlock.

I’m really not trying to be that guy but isnt it the OG players that don’t want time limited cosmetics they unlocked to be re released? Just so you know, I 100% agree with you about bringing back the curse even though I have it already. I just don’t want Rare to start cherry picking “time limited” items to bring back.

I see a lot of newer players who want a time limited item brought back, but get a huge pushback from the “OG” crowd, so I guess what I’m saying is, why the should the pirate legend curse be any different?

For example, I missed the kraken skull figurehead. I don’t want the reskin. I want the original kraken skull. But I missed out and it sucks but it’s whatever I’ll just keep rocking my silent barnacle figurehead or my swordfish figurehead, which weren’t time limited but were hard to achieve.

So on that note, you should work towards the gold curse or just wear the gold curse if you already have it because it’s a bigger achievement than the pirate legend curse and looks cooler anyways.

• Why would you being "OG" matter at all? you didn't play during the time you could get it. Doesn't matter if you had played during the alpha or just started at that point.

• @captaintibbz said in Bring Back Pirate Legend Curse:

I feel like it should not be brought back as it gives those pirates who earned it then a sort of prestige that Rare is trying to give them for doing this then. Much of the game is Time-gated cosmetics, its illogical to think Rare would bring it back and honestly would suck for all those PL who did earn it originally.

Except they said PP rewards would eventually show up in the game locked behind commendations

• @sudsierboar5526 Oh really. Didn't know.

• @captaintibbz let's say I'm 90% sure ;)

• @sudsierboar5526 said in Bring Back Pirate Legend Curse:

@captaintibbz let's say I'm 90% sure ;)

The last time I saw a Rare employee comment on it was in a thread about 11 months ago, valkyr13x (Rare Employee) stated the following regarding the question "are you still able to get the pirate lord curse after season 1?"

...No word on that just yet! We are still considering ways to bring the Season 1 pirate legend curse back, so keep watch for any updates in the future.

Now...read that how you want, but I certainly don't read that as any sort of certainty that those items are coming back. I don't think I've ever seen anything definitive across the handful (and I do mean handful) of Rare Employee responses on the topic.

IDK..my 2 cents.

If any Seasonal stuff comes back, the hope would be that it respects the time and effort of the people that...ya know...actually played the Season.

• i want this zeus shipset ,was it also a season reward?

• @da-german420 sagte in Bring Back Pirate Legend Curse:

i want this zeus shipset ,was it also a season reward?

aye, was a season pass reward for season 3 i think

• @parrotlord6426 damn it looks pretty decent

• @da-german420
    @parrotlord6426

aye, was a season pass reward for season 3 i think

If you're talking about the Shining Pegasus shipset, that's available in the Emporium right now.

• Day 1 Player here. Shady Mouse, nice to meet you all.
    As alot of us "work" for a living, it would be nice to get caught up with my SOT friends with a time limited release of this item pretty please. Thx for the awesome latest RARE!

• Would always change my legendary curse for skull facepaint

• @captaintibbz prestige? this was a participation award for a certain period of time. LSD and TSD, now THAT is prestige. And getting it by playing the game at a certain point in time is nothing

• @da-german420 said in Bring Back Pirate Legend Curse:

Yes, but it’s back in the Pirate Emporium!

• @sweetsandman said in Bring Back Pirate Legend Curse:

What if they just release an alt version of all the glowy green PL stuff from each season? Like a purple version of the Legendary Curse from S1, the Shackled Phantom Hull from S2, the Ferry of the Damned Figurehead from S3...

Those are the only season rewards anyone seems to whine about... nobody's ever up in arms about the Accomplished Parrot Cutlass 🤣

Nobody but me. Come on, Rare. I want that accomplished hat, wheel and cutlass I missed.

• Time to let it die laddie, tis just an olde tale of its return'n to the seas. The shroud will part 'ere we see any new green eyed souls afloat.

• Alot of pointless arguments over something that already got an answer, Rare said in Season 1 that they will bring it back...
    It wasnt even a delayed answer, it came with Season 1.

True that it takes longer then expected, Legend of the Veil felt like a good moment.

• @faceyourdemon said in Bring Back Pirate Legend Curse:

Alot of pointless arguments over something that already got an answer, Rare said in Season 1 that they will bring it back...
    It wasnt even a delayed answer, it came with Season 1.

They did? Publicly? Where?

• It will be rereleased when all other time limited cosmetics get rereleased. Its been totally confirmed all the time by all the devs.

• @sweetsandman Not going to look it up because I really dont know how and its gonna take alot of my time, but when it was released theyve said that they will bring it back eventually and they are looking for ways how to do it.

@sweetsandman Not going to look it up because I really dont know how and its gonna take alot of my time, but when it was released theyve said that they will bring it back eventually and they are looking for ways how to do it.

I can tell you I've looked through the deep dive vids, the release notes, the update vids, everything surrounding season 1. Not once was anything outright guaranteed as far as I saw.

The only place I ever saw anything mentioned by a dev was definitely not a public setting. I'll refer back to my other post in this thread....the last time I saw an actual Rare employee comment on the topic publicly, it certainly didn't seem like a "guarantee" by any stretch.

Again, if they do bring stuff back, fine...I just hope they do it in a way that respects the players that actually played. They refuse to bring back year 1 and year 2 cosmetics regardless of how difficult they were to obtain...so if you're going to bring Seasonal stuff back, do it in a way that doesn't diminish the value of those who played.

• @sweetsandman Ive sent you a messege in the forum chat

@sweetsandman Ive sent you a messege in the forum chat

😉

• @faceyourdemon wanna send it to me as well? I'm also convinced i remember rare saying they'll bring it back but I can't remember where or in what form they said it.

• @elwell4

i was short of three years pirate legend when that curse was released xD ¯_(ツ)_/¯ ;)

• @sailorkek said in Bring Back Pirate Legend Curse:

I've got the PL curse but would be for an alternate curse that just give you glowing eyes and not the athena logo on your chest

If when ever they do figure out how to bring it back, they decide to make it a variant, im sure thats how they will do it, but they never mentioned variants when saying legend items will return.

Views
1 out of 98