Improvement for voice chat with enemy players

• In my opinion there is missing an option to decide when you talk to your crew and when to talk to everyone, currently we only have a press to talk option, but You can't decide who you talk to, so everyone can hear what you say, even when you don't want to.
    What would be the solution?
    The solution would be adding a "Press to talk to enemies" option, in that way, You would always be talking to your crew, and you only talk to enemies by pressing a button

Views
    feedback
  • Don't they have the whisper option for speaking trumpets, as in they turn them around so only your crew can hear?

• I like it how it is personally. You can always whisper to your crew if you don’t want everyone nearby to hear you or use discord instead.

• I say no to this. The voice chat is fine as it is. This aspect of SoT is unique and offers the best opportunities for both immersion and dynamic player interactions. It makes hiding on an enemy ship way more interesting as you can eavesdrop on an open crew's conversations, which can give you clues about what they are doing or about to do or even where they might have hidden their most valuable treasure. Being able to hear other players "hot mics" is one of the best features of this game.

If you want the option of communicating to your crew in private then use a voice chat app like Discord. Problem solved.

• I do hate how console pirates are at a disadvantage voice-wise to their PC pirate counterparts - the former can only talk using in-game chat or party-chat, but not both simultaneously; the latter, however, can...

• so everyone can hear what you say, even when you don't want to.

So your wanting a way to talk to only your crew while you tuck?

In this open…world…
    I think they need to block your voice if your not within ear shot of them. Further you are and the lower it gets. Until your on an island alone and your crew sailed away.

Or….use party chat

• @galactic-geek said in Improvement for voice chat with enemy players:

I do hate how console pirates are at a disadvantage voice-wise to their PC pirate counterparts - the former can only talk using in-game chat or party-chat, but not both simultaneously; the latter, however, can...

Good thing Xbox hasn't been hesitating to advertise their partnership with Discord and the incoming Xbox version of Discord so you can VC with a not terrible system of communication. That problem should soon be of the past.

• @nex-stargaze said in Improvement for voice chat with enemy players:

@galactic-geek said in Improvement for voice chat with enemy players:

I do hate how console pirates are at a disadvantage voice-wise to their PC pirate counterparts - the former can only talk using in-game chat or party-chat, but not both simultaneously; the latter, however, can...

Good thing Xbox hasn't been hesitating to advertise their partnership with Discord and the incoming Xbox version of Discord so you can VC with a not terrible system of communication. That problem should soon be of the past.

Yeah, I have been waiting for Xbox Live Discord support for years!

Views
feedback
1 out of 8