Suggestion: Worm Crate / Bait Crate

• On the Sea of Thieves, a pirate and their crew can seek their fortune in many a unique way, be it plunder, thievery, or even fishing. My crew often fancy ourselves commercial fishermen, and we take delight in fishing for our fortune in the various waters around the seaports in the Sea of Thieves.

The most important thing for a commercial fishing crew seeking to make their gold by selling fish at seaports is bait; worms, grubs, and leeches. As such, it can often be a pain to seek out these things prior to embarking on our fishing journey. I've spent countless collective hours throughout my play time just digging holes in the sand of outposts trying to fill my barrels with worms or other bait. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to pay for the bait rather than scrounging around for it? After all, professionals have standards.

My suggestion is this. At every outpost, or perhaps only at seaports, I would like to be able to buy Worm Crates or Bait Crates from the merchants, just like cannonballs and wooden planks. These could work like fruit crates, where you only get one type of bait, most likely worms in this case. Say, 40 worms? This alone sets apart any commercial fishing vessel by ensuring that they have plenty of bait, even if it isn't necessarily the bait they want. Alternatively, they could be called Bait Crates which would have, say, 15 of each bait; 15 worms, 15 leeches, and 15 grubs. This would naturally be a bit more pricey than my proposed 40 count Worm Crate.

In summation, I believe that the Sea of Thieves could benefit greatly from being able to buy Worm Crates or Bait Crates in order to reinvigorate the Hunters Call faction as well as serving to make fishing easier and a more viable means of "income" on the open ocean, especially for those pirates such as myself who enjoy the finer things the Sea of Thieves has to offer, like fishing.

Thank you for your consideration, and happy hunting!

Yours truly,
    ~ Captain Opossum

Views
    feedbackgeneralxbox onejust for funwindows 10
  • Hmmm. Buy bait with gold and risk losing it quickly.

Or dig up bait without spending and lose nothing if sunk. Hmmm. I’ll rather keep my gold and dig free

• @burnbacon Hmm.. Buy wood and cannonballs with gold and risk losing them quickly..
    Or loot them from the barrels and lose nothing if sunk.. Obviously they'd never add quality of life like that for people with less time than gold, right?

• Reasonable request. Easy enough to implement. I see no downsides to this.

• @donny-downer sagte in Suggestion: Worm Crate / Bait Crate:

@burnbacon Hmm.. Buy wood and cannonballs with gold and risk losing them quickly..
    Or loot them from the barrels and lose nothing if sunk.. Obviously they'd never add quality of life like that for people with less time than gold, right?

Imo adding those crates to buy was a mistake and should be deleted...

Views
feedbackgeneralxbox onejust for funwindows 10
1 out of 5