Spawn times, ferryman

• The latest update for spawn times has a lot to be considered. The reduction of time spent within the ferryman is a positive step for getting the player back into the sea of thieves, but at what cost, with having the equivalent spawn time for that of a greater crew? A galle or brig crew of three or four has the same spawn time interval than that of a sloop being a crew of two, is this fair for the smaller crews who are at a disadvantage to that for trying to hold down a bigger crew. Should bigger crews have a greater period of waiting to stall them from reentering the sea of thieves, what should the penalty be? The game seems a little unbalanced in saying that what is fair and what is not. The game needs to be consistent and it needs to be just, but how can you alter what’s fair. Solo slooping just seems to be at an overall disadvantage in terms of being a combatant and that of being a single player. How can we find a means to remedy spawn times, as they are currently running at an overall time period of a 15 second penalty across board. Thought considered?

Views
    feedbackgeneralquestioncommunityevents
  • but at what cost, with having the equivalent spawn time for that of a greater crew?

is this fair for the smaller crews who are at a disadvantage

Is it fair that a Sloop can out Speed (against wind) A Gally or Brig? is it unfair a Sloop can out turn/rotate other ships? Is it unfair on a sloop everything important is within arms reach?

Solo slooping just seems to be at an overall disadvantage in terms of being a combatant and that of being a single player.

"Solo Sloop/Player" = Hard Mode. How come nobody seems to realize this yet? And yet, many Solo players can sink a Galleon without fail because...Preparations and the know how.

Bigger Crews, Bigger ship doesn't always make you a better player or advantage. It may seem like that it, but that in itself just an illusion you placed on yourself. Doubt.

• The spawn times need to be adjusted to account for crew size. It's having an outsized effect on sloop crews, and isn't balanced.

Also, a brig outruns the sloop into the wind now.

• It’s the worst change concerning balance rare has ever made imo. It’s so unbalanced right now it’s almost hilarious.

Respawn timer needs to be reset to what it was or bigger crews need a longer respawn.

I’ve seen some people say the faster respawn is good for PVE situations. If you’re having trouble with PVE in this game then you need watch some YT videos and to learn how to play or consider giving up video games. SOT has some of the easiest PVE content in gaming period.

For PVP the changes are horrible and I struggle to see how anyone who tested this with pvp before it was released thought it was a good idea…they should just remove the sloop and brig and force people to play 4 crew on a galleon at this point.

• @ibetoxin ikr my man i was playing last weekend boarded a sloop killed them both and the moment i started to reload i heard already one of them down stairs walking in the water

• Fights in general to me just feel stupid and less fun right now... A good clutch for example almost means nothing since by the time you are done they will all be back. Getting kills at the right time used to have an actual huge impact, now you are a lot less rewarded for outplaying people. To me it seems like they are dumbing down pvp on purpuse.

I guess this is decent QOL for pve but that still doesn't justify ruining pvp balance. Not that any pve content is even remotely hard to begin with.

I'm honestly surprised how anyone thought this was a good idea to begin with... I don't think pvp has ever been this genuinely bad... Really hope they revert this.

• actually sloops aren't faster than a brig in any wind conditions currently. but back on point yes the respawn change time is stupid

• @remove-bougett I agree, all of the fights feel horrible now. Now everyone in a smaller ship will run even more than before.

Adding to that, supplies has become an issue regarding this update. As a solo sloop or double sloop and even a brig you need waaaaay more supplies to sink a galleon if they are a good crew and repairing. The respawn was halved from 30 to 15 seconds.

Essentially, everything in the game got twice as hard for smaller ships with one update. Rare has said this was the intended respawn time originally but a bug made respawn longer. I’m sorry but I don’t believe that at all. The respawn time was double the length for four years and it was just noticed or fixed?

Imagine being a new player sloop trying to attack a galleon right now lol. Zero chance.

Oh and let’s not forget probably the biggest bug in the game rn. The brig currently moves faster than the sloop into the wind. There are multiple YT videos showcasing this. Many people said it was bs but experienced sloop players have been saying it forever and it’s been proven multiple times now.

Something needs to change regarding spawn times and the BLATANT bugs going on with ship speeds on the sloop.

• @ibetoxin that’s a very good point!

That the respawn times in being shortened have detrimentally affected the consumption of supplies.. meaning, smaller ships are in the dire need of obtaining more supplies to even be able to contend with the likes of a galle or brig; faster respawns in turn equals faster repairs and that’s a constant for the opposing crews. To be able to be active, working on bilge keeps the ship afloat, it’s a continuous turnover and that’s pressing.. interesting!

• @mdthatsme89 It's something I haven't seen anyone talk about yet it's incredibly noticeable when playing and getting in engagements. Making the game even more time consuming regarding ship prep than it already was. Hopefully it gets changed soon because it's a totally different game right now and incredibly unbalanced. If they keep these changes smaller ships need to spawn with more supplies imo.

• New Spawn times are indeed ridiculous. What it should be I don't know, but not what it is now

Views
feedbackgeneralquestioncommunityevents
1 out of 11