Flag maker

• How a bout adding a menu to the ship customization chest or the shipwright shop![alt text](image url) were you can make your own jolly Roger flag.

Views
    fan artcommunityjust for funstory & lore
  • @owenskyhawk The custom flag thing although seems easy enough to implement has its own difficulties. Skipping the usual jokes about certain anatomical parts, flags carry political and ideological symbols and many players are really sensible to the subject.

• @metal-ravage said in Flag maker:

@owenskyhawk The custom flag thing although seems easy enough to implement has it's own difficulties. Skipping the usual jokes about certain anatomical parts, flags carry political and ideological symbols and many players are really sensible to the subject.

Exactly the problem. Unless they have preset designs and colors to choose from.

• @michael-b4418 said in Flag maker:

@metal-ravage said in Flag maker:

@owenskyhawk The custom flag thing although seems easy enough to implement has it's own difficulties. Skipping the usual jokes about certain anatomical parts, flags carry political and ideological symbols and many players are really sensible to the subject.

Exactly the problem. Unless they have preset designs and colors to choose from.

Two coconuts and a banana says it's a problem.

• @captain-coel I mean pre placed as well.

• @michael-b4418 that's not even really custom then. That would be kinda lame.

• Call of duty used to let you create custom emblems and there were alot of offensive user created emblems going around.

• @captain-coel But it’s the only way without a review process on rares end.

• @unfadingshimmy said in Flag maker:

Call of duty used to let you create custom emblems and there were alot of offensive user created emblems going around.

This will cause more issues if implemented, specially with the new season coming up.

• @michael-b4418 said in Flag maker:

@captain-coel But it’s the only way without a review process on rares end.

I'd rather the flags cost like 10-20 USD. You design and pay to submit. Approved or not you spent your money. If you can't design something clean, you waste your money.

• @captain-coel
    I'm not sure of the legality behind charging people for something they may not be able to use, but I don't see why Rare couldn't have a panel to evaluate the emblems on the flags to see if they are appropriate or not. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Twitch has something like that.

I wouldn't mind paying for something like that though. You could design your flag and send it off to Rare's panel; if they 'ok' the design, then they'll charge you 5-10 dollars, place the flag in your inventory, and you can use it in-game. (I think $20 is a little high for a simple flag). If Rare finds the design to be inappropriate, they'll send it back to you.

• @lucky11 said in Flag maker:

@captain-coel
    I'm not sure of the legality behind charging people for something they may not be able to use

That doesn't seem to stop the crypto community 🥁

• @lucky11 said in Flag maker:

@captain-coel
    I'm not sure of the legality behind charging people for something they may not be able to use, but I don't see why Rare couldn't have a panel to evaluate the emblems on the flags to see if they are appropriate or not. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Twitch has something like that.

I wouldn't mind paying for something like that though. You could design your flag and send it off to Rare's panel; if they 'ok' the design, then they'll charge you 5-10 dollars, place the flag in your inventory, and you can use it in-game. (I think $20 is a little high for a simple flag). If Rare finds the design to be inappropriate, they'll send it back to you.

There will be always someone trying to pass offensive symbols as legit content. The way players name their pets should serve as a clue.

• @captain-coel said in Flag maker:

@michael-b4418 said in Flag maker:

@captain-coel But it’s the only way without a review process on rares end.

I'd rather the flags cost like 10-20 USD. You design and pay to submit. Approved or not you spent your money. If you can't design something clean, you waste your money.

Yes! The only problem is Rare finding the people to approve the huge influx of flag requests coming in the first day they open this idea. But I like it along with spending hard-earned cash to get the option.

• What's wrong with having a Cheeky Monkey 🐒

Views
fan artcommunityjust for funstory & lore
1 out of 15