Fishing nets

• I think rare should add a fishing net where you put bait in it and the fish would come and once there in you pull it up and you could get two to three fish

Views
  • Why tho?
    Tired of normal fishing already? Want to quickly grind out those commendations?

Any idea that makes grinding or commendations achieving easier. I don’t like. Sorry

• @burnbacon it would just be easier to fish that way not grinding commidations

• I agree a fishing net would be cool. Fishing is the area of the game that needs some speeding up. They've added forts of fortune, vaults, lost shipments, forgotten forts, and so much else to add interest and good loot to other areas of the game. Fishing is relaxing, but it has been left behind and is not as profitable as other things. Maybe that's the point, but maybe the nets only catch splashtails 90% of the time. There are ways to make this idea balanced without breaking commendations. Plus fishing nets are just part of boats and have been for a long time. It would make sense in the world of sea of thieves. I shared this idea a week ago actually. I thought it could also pick up loot out of the water.

• Crab pots

• This isn't a simulation; it's a game meant for fun. There needs to be a fun gameplay mechanic involved - setting down a net or trap, and then coming back to get it later is neither fun, nor conducive to actually playing the game.

• @galactic-geek said in Fishing nets:

This isn't a simulation; it's a game meant for fun. There needs to be a fun gameplay mechanic involved - setting down a net or trap, and then coming back to get it later is neither fun, nor conducive to actually playing the game.

Unless there's a map to go with it, so others can steal your fish.

• @lem0n-curry said in Fishing nets:

@galactic-geek said in Fishing nets:

This isn't a simulation; it's a game meant for fun. There needs to be a fun gameplay mechanic involved - setting down a net or trap, and then coming back to get it later is neither fun, nor conducive to actually playing the game.

Unless there's a map to go with it, so others can steal your fish.

That helps with risk and boosts potentialsocial interaction, but not necessarily gameplay - the net or trap needs to involve YOU in some way.

• @galactic-geek said in Fishing nets:

setting down a net or trap, and then coming back to get it later is neither fun, nor conducive to actually playing the game.

Sounds a lot like the cooking mechanic which currently exists.

• @mferr11 said in Fishing nets:

@galactic-geek said in Fishing nets:

setting down a net or trap, and then coming back to get it later is neither fun, nor conducive to actually playing the game.

Sounds a lot like the cooking mechanic which currently exists.

Well, that takes timing. If you want it done right, you'll have to keep track with your pocket watch, or risk it burning.

Catching fish should not be a timed mechanic.

• @burnbacon would help with the hunters call since there’s no emissary flag Or missions.

They literally made the game easier since launch. In the first year you know how hard it was to reach PL? Now you can hit it in like two weeks

• @galactic-geek i highly disagree it adds more gameplay into the game and makes the seas feel more full then just empty.

• @kapp16354 said in Fishing nets:

@galactic-geek i highly disagree it adds more gameplay into the game and makes the seas feel more full then just empty.

Adds more gameplay? And full? How exactly? Please explain, because all I see are pirates who wants to spare the (fishing)rod because they're lazybeards. By all means, please prove me wrong.

It's not enough to just make a request and hope it gets through. You have to effectively answer the why and the how while promoting fun and balance and the lore. In essence, it has to be well thought out. The idea, as presented in this thread, is not well thought out. It's not feedback or a suggestion - it doesn't show any tangible improvement over what we already have (feedback), nor does it provide any defining characteristics to incentivize it (suggestion). Also, keep in mind that improvement/incentive doesn't necessarily mean it should be faster and/or easier. It has to elevate the game in some way. Again, this idea, as presented, fails in that regard.

Views
1 out of 13