PvP Practice

• So it would nice that me and my friends could be able to hurt each other just same as none crew mates more like be able to turn friendly fire on or off. The reason why is because we really aren't PvPer's we rather do voyages and roleplay since we do roleplay mainly on RedM. But since we will have to do PvP at times it would be nice that we could hurt each other for practice so we can try to get better for the real PvP and this is the same for everyone else I don't want to seem to be just for us I want it for everyone who wants to practice PvP with their friends. This would be especially useful for the Captaincy Update season 7.

Views
    feedbackgeneralxbox onewindows 10competition
  • I imagine I wont be the only one to say this but the best way to practice PvP is to PvP. For a few of your sessions just decide that today you are going to PvP, go out and attack everyone you see. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain, be it loot or experience.

Practicing with friends you will only learn so much. There isn't much you can learn from fighting someone who also doesn't do PvP.

• Fighting your crew vs fighting another crew.
    Wouldn’t do much improvement since your crew or friends can’t act like another player.
    Nor create issues that you might encounter, hitreg or they are better aim.

Best practice. Much like fighting your first ship to ship battle, encounter those unpredictable variables and learn from that.

Besides. Turning friendly fire on and off will become one sided if you meet that one crew mate who wants to be a troll or you forgot to turn it back off.

• I have no idea why anyone would be against a "duelling" feature for crews. Of course fighting in real PvP scenarios is going to see you improve greater than a friendly fire option, but those encounters are hard to come by at times.

There's no way any of you can argue (@BurnBacon) that the Arena players that got to TDM over and over improved at a much faster rate than players looking for real encounters in adventure.

Not only that, but not every PvP encounter even results in close quarters, which is the area most players wish to improve.
    There's no reason to veto a function that will help new players.

• Yeah, nothing teaches you better than being spawn camped by a blunder lord and then sinking.

• @toxie-will-kill said in PvP Practice:

I have no idea why anyone would be against a "duelling" feature for crews. Of course fighting in real PvP scenarios is going to see you improve greater than a friendly fire option, but those encounters are hard to come by at times.

There's no way any of you can argue (@BurnBacon) that the Arena players that got to TDM over and over improved at a much faster rate than players looking for real encounters in adventure.

Not only that, but not every PvP encounter even results in close quarters, which is the area most players wish to improve.
    There's no reason to veto a function that will help new players.

With you there. I wish they would bring back some sort of Arena for those of us who enjoy PvP. Maybe the implement of being able to choose your server, a smaller map would help too. See a server with 2 players? Probably good for treasure hunting. See a server with 10+? More than likely some naval warfare or a big event gathering for role-playing!
    also--The dueling within crews is a very good idea! Practice makes perfect folks!

• It's a great idea. I really want to improve at PvP but every encounter for me is 50/50 newbie or arena veteran. So I either get easy kills or get owned in seconds. All those "git gud" boys forget that you need to roam around the server for good 20 minutes just for a CHANCE to fight other crew. And if you get one-balled or blunderbombed into the sea then lucky you welcome to your fresh new ship and go gather supplies once more. It gets frustrating at times to actually seek for pvp and find nothing but huge time waste.

• @krevetkaos
    do not get into a month old or above thread and talk
    You can get banned
    if you're new,
    suggest you keep up with the current ones.
    Its locked

• Hi all!

Resurrecting threads over one month old goes against the Forum rules. I will be dropping anchor here.

Thanks

Views
feedbackgeneralxbox onewindows 10competition
5 out of 9