Ship respawning

• Me and my buddy were doing a fof and the same brig came back 4 times after we sunk them 3 times. Please add something that either puts then in a new server or puts them on a raft or something after 3 sinks because it's getting ridiculous. This happens basically anytime and we killed them 3 times but they just kept coming back so we ran out of supplies and we lost 4 hours worth of work. Thank you for your time.

Views
  • Everyone should spawn far apart for a sink.

It's a sink and should have consequences that are not only similar for everyone but also support a system where a victory matters.

The current environment of requiring 3-4 wins against crews that rely entirely on an unbalanced spawn system is not balanced and is not healthy for loot production or for morale of pirates that did what they are supposed to do. Practice, improve, win.

It's an algorithm that is one of many situations that feeds far too into hopping pvp and no risk attacking which doesn't make sense and isn't healthy for the food chain. It slows or kills loot production on servers.

People should have the freedom to be persistent, they should not be enabled or incentivized to be after they have been sunk.

Being sunk in combat should never be rewarded at the expensive to the crew that sunk them.

• @psycoticnap

I wouldn't mind that. Some people will say things like: "They should be allowed to come back 10 times because that's apart of the game!!!" But SHOULD it be apart of the game? I don't think you should get server merged out. Just make it where the first time you sink, there will be a 5 square radius. you HAVE to spawn outside of. If you sink a second time within 30 minutes, then there will be a 10 square radius that you'll be forced to spawn outside of, then a 15 square radius. Rare says that they have a system that spawns people further away, but it doesn't seem like this system works 100% of the time. There have been times where I spawn 4 squares away from somebody.

This shouldn't happen, especially if you're doing something like the FoF or FotD stacking where you are forced to stay at the island for long periods of time, it's unfair that someone can continuously keep coming back, preventing you from being able to do the world event, just to have them come back again within 5 minutes. I don't mind the fact that you can come back, just make it so it takes you LONGER to come back.

• So you want to punish players for being sunk. While your busy doing a fort.

It’s this type of moment that makes you work harder, because if you mess up one moment you lose the fort.

Defend the fort to claim its rewards.

This right here is a good way to attract pvp players, do a FoF and wait :)

• @burnbacon said in Ship respawning:

So you want to punish players for being sunk. While your busy doing a fort.

It’s this type of moment that makes you work harder, because if you mess up one moment you lose the fort.

Defend the fort to claim its rewards.

This right here is a good way to attract pvp players, do a FoF and wait :)

In a shared environment of different styles and a very significant skill gap it is necessary for balance to not lean into hopping pvp or tdm pvp where a sink becomes insignificant

That is what we have. Hopping tdm style pvp that doesn't care if they sink because they know they often don't only have a safety net they have 3 or 4 if the opposing crew puts up a decent (winning) fight.

They are already bringing nothing to these fights, they are already outmatching many of their opponents to a significant degree, they are being enabled by features and algorithms that do not create a balanced risk/reward environment in these scenarios.

Crews should be able to return as much as they want but nobody is entitled to close respawns after a sink. Sinking due to performance from an opponent should never be an advantage, which it very often is. This is amplified by no effort chain shots being implemented in the way they are.

I see the crews that focus on camping as their main strategy sacrifice/lose their boat on a regular basis because they know that the algorithm leans into their style. They should be able to do that once in a short amount of time and let their performance decide the outcome. Not their performance 3-4 times in a short amount of time while people are selling loot or working on a world event. It's not balanced and it's terrible for keeping these servers active with producing loot.

• @burnbacon At that point, your time & effort is not worth what lies beyond those vault doors. But, yah if you want PvP, camp a FoF. It's one of my favorite things todo.

• @bambino133t said in Ship respawning:

@burnbacon At that point, your time & effort is not worth what lies beyond those vault doors. But, yah if you want PvP, camp a FoF. It's one of my favorite things todo.

And that goes for all those people complaining there is not enough players to pvp in SOT servers.

• @metal-ravage I can still relate to their not being enough PvP. My buddy was fishing while I watched Youtube videos during our last 5 hour camp. Only had 9 ships to sink.

You can go for over an hour without sighting another player ship assuming you stick to the same server. My hopes were that SoT would be big enough to handle 20+ ships but at this point its a pipe dream. Cant really condemn server hopping at that point.

• @bambino133t Just go for a FOF with a Reaper 5 flag. They will find you for sure.

• @metal-ravage Exactly what we do.

• @bambino133t Cool just be there, they will not miss you.

• Next time and forever forward, spend 15 minutes stocking up before playing and you will have hours of supplies to fight off anything. Buy a supply crate, empty the outpost, empty the nearest fortress, and then empty the nearest fort for some chains hopefully.

This strat has never netted us under 200 planks, 300-400 cannons, nearly 100 of each throwable, plenty of cursed cannons, and tons of food.

Supplies are no longer rare or hard to stock up on. If you lose an attrition battle, that is kinda on your decision to not prepare for what may come especially with doing the most attractive world event.

• @mintharp184509 said in Ship respawning:

If they change the spawns back to being super far away I’m uninstalling. At least the current closer spawns facilitate player interaction. Nothing worse in this game then being put on the opposite corner of the map after being sunk literally causes me to quit the game every time.

Your crew doesn’t get to monopolize any world event. Any other crew can come back as many time as they want. Literally nothing wrong with it.

If anything they should adjust the forts to not take 69 years to complete as a solo/duo.

We were doing a Fleet in the centre of the Seas and the brig that attacked us (and got sunk), spawned at Dagger Tooth ... That's way too close.
    I hope it was because of the alliance they offered, got accepted and betrayed within 5 seconds... but if all sunk ships spawn that close it is certainly not acting as an incentive to start world events only to interrupt them. Without crews starting these events there is nothing to disrupt.

If you got sunk, you're welcome to attack again but at a disadvantage: long spawn distance and less resources.

@lem0n-curry said in Ship respawning:

@mintharp184509 said in Ship respawning:

If they change the spawns back to being super far away I’m uninstalling. At least the current closer spawns facilitate player interaction. Nothing worse in this game then being put on the opposite corner of the map after being sunk literally causes me to quit the game every time.

Your crew doesn’t get to monopolize any world event. Any other crew can come back as many time as they want. Literally nothing wrong with it.

If anything they should adjust the forts to not take 69 years to complete as a solo/duo.

We were doing a Fleet in the centre of the Seas and the brig that attacked us (and got sunk), spawned at Dagger Tooth ... That's way too close.
    I hope it was because of the alliance they offered, got accepted and betrayed within 5 seconds... but if all sunk ships spawn that close it is certainly not acting as an incentive to start world events only to interrupt them. Without crews starting these events there is nothing to disrupt.

If you got sunk, you're welcome to attack again but at a disadvantage: long spawn distance and less resources.

If you’re located in the center of the map any spawn will be close then.

Any outpost would have been less close than Dagger Tooth, that's just a 2 minute sail for a brigantine.

That’s not YOUR fleet this is a PvEvP game.

I never said it was MY fleet - don't put words in my mouth; indeed it's a PvPvE game, but when spawn distance is that close it becomes more a PvP game... worse a PvP game that favors those who just lost a battle...

Don’t like the PvP interaction then hop servers and look for a fleet that no others crews are interested in.

Again, totally misrepresenting what I said ... I even said

you're welcome to attack again

The close ship spawns usually within the same region as you sink are MUCH BETTER for gameplay.

Nope, just for one strategy for lazy PvP players ... not PvPvE players - and as you said yourself, this is a PvPvE game 😎.

If you have trouble sinking a ship with default supplies, practice.

Never said we had trouble with that ... I have issues with a speedy return of the same ship over and over again.

I hope you get what I wrote this time around ...

Any outpost would have been less close than Dagger Tooth, that's just a 2 minute sail for a brigantine.

I never said it was MY fleet - don't put words in my mouth; indeed it's a PvPvE game, but when spawn distance is that close it becomes more a PvP game... worse a PvP game that favors those who just lost a battle...

Don’t like the PvP interaction then hop servers and look for a fleet that no others crews are interested in.

The close ship spawns usually within the same region as you sink are MUCH BETTER for gameplay.

Nope, just for one strategy for lazy PvP players ... not PvPvE players - and as you said yourself, this is a PvPvE game 😎.

Never said we had trouble with that ... I have issues with a speedy return of the same ship over and over again.

Lol you basically want PvE servers. Sad

What ? Do you skip every other word in a post ?

If naval combat with another player ship is annoying you just hop for a dead server my dude.

/me looks confused

Lol you basically want PvE servers. Sad

What ? Do you skip every other word in a post ?

If naval combat with another player ship is annoying you just hop for a dead server my dude.

/me looks confused

I am confused why you are whining about PvP in a PvEvP game.

I'm not. Read my posts, not going to repeat the same thing every time you skip half what I wrote, though.

If anything, player v player combat is a rarity in SoT. Embrace it when it comes to you.

No it isn't a rarity at all. We instigate fights regularly and end up in fights other crews start while we do PvE. What you seem to want is a fight every few minutes. If I wanted that every session, would have played Arena more often.

Sink the same ship as many times as it takes to finish the event and sell the loot. Then share the story. Don’t try and get the devs to force spawns to Marauders, Smugglers, Devils, so you the lazy pirate can sink them once and then not have any fear of them returning within any timeframe that matters.

A story where the losing ship returns every 5 minutes ? That's a boring story involving lazy pirates (them) with a lousy tactic and no stake in the fight other than a few resources, if any.

Again, sunken crews are welcome to come back and continue to fight, just after a certain longer period of time than the current "spitting distance".

Enjoy the game in all its forms both PvE and PvP

I do. Just don't want a full PvP session every time I sail into or close to a fleet

and for the love of God please stop trying to make the game worse.

Read the first reply - having no incentive to do a world event because crews you sank return before you got the next skeleton ship, leaves an attacker without ships to attack during or after a world event. That would make the game worse. Just like all those portal hopping level 5 reapers de-incentive people sailing with emissaries do. They don't want to be an easy to spot target for people who bring no loot to a fight.

There are plenty of times you will be able to complete the skeleton fleet completely uncontested.

That would get boring real fast -

Again, please stop trying to make the game worse because you are too lazy to engage in PvP with a persistent crew.

Again, we're not too lazy ... not interested in frequent and quick returns from a ship without loot and a spawn mechanic that favours lazy crews who only want PvP.

Happy sails

Views
1 out of 17