The First Mystery

• Rest in Peace Demarco.

I would like to start off by saying I didn't do it. Yesterday I started my voyage at Galleon's Grave Outpost, went South toward the Ancient Isles and circled back around to the Sunken Shores Treasury before calling it a day at Sanctuary Outpost. I stopped by Crook's Hollow, so hopefully Wild Henry can vouch for me.

I have a few theories I want to run by everyone. Firstly, based off of the decomposition of the body I think Demarco was killed on Sea Dog's Rest. (The position of his legs looks like he tried crawling away from whomever killed him before passing away.) If we can figure out why he was on Sea Dog's Rest, that may help us narrow down our suspect list.

Secondly, I know a lot of us (myself included) will want to point the finger at Amaranta, but I have some doubts. We haven't seen her since the Arena closed and, if I remember correctly, characters familiar with her whereabouts said she went off on a ship somewhere. (along with that being a convincing alibi, it feels to easy: it sounds a little to obvious that the murderer is the one who was angry at Demarco). I think one of our suspects needs to be Lesedi. I'm not sure about anyone else, but it sounded like she was frustrated and felt betrayed by Demarco when I spoke to her at the Sea Dog's Tavern in Adventure Mode.

As of yet, no one else makes a whole lot of sense in terms of motive. I thought that maybe Stitcher Jim could have a role in this somehow, but we haven't seen him in over a year at least. In any case, someone should probably notify Ramsey. Happy Sailing guys!

Views
    story & lore
  • @lucky11 Definitely amaranta murdered him. She is working with Wanda, and she may be just using Wanda to learn about the cursed cannonballs for flameheart.

• @cptnpotbeard
    I'm not so sure. I think Amaranta working with Wanda actually works in her favor: how would she have found the time to track down Demarco? I think we are in for a plot twist if I'm being honest.

• @lucky11 Demarcos not exactly a hard man to find. He does chill right next to reapers all the time. Sea dogs rest is also near wanderers. And amaranta was only barely second best and she always boasted about wanting to get rid of the Singhs. Plus there were daggers thrown into the portraits of Demarco and lesedi above the tavern.

• @lucky11 said in The First Mystery:

Firstly, based off of the decomposition of the body I think Demarco was killed on Sea Dog's Rest. (The position of his legs looks like he tried crawling away from whomever killed him before passing away.) If we can figure out why he was on Sea Dog's Rest, that may help us narrow down our suspect list.

You sound like me after getting amped up on unsolved mysteries at 1am.

• @cptnpotbeard @lucky11 Can you pop your theorising to the pinned thread plz? That way we can all follow as things progress and threads do get lost :)
    Cheers!

Dropping anchor

Views
story & lore
5 out of 6