Game crashes after a certain amount of time???

• Me and my friend both keep crashing after about 30-45 minutes in game, we have no frame drops and our computer can run it fine and after it crashes, there is no error, just simply closes. Only started happening after the update and it sucks because my friend just picked up the game and this isnt a good impression. The thing is, is that for some reason its always at the same time, like my friend started his game just a minute after mine and once he crashed, I crashed shortly after. And if it matter we have a friend whos on xbox that plays with us and he doesnt crash. Also if it matter my specs are
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 10700K @ 3.80GHz 37 °C
    Comet Lake 14nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1200MHz (17-17-17-39)
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z590 AORUS ULTRA (U3E1)
    Graphics
    VG258 (1920x1080@165Hz)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti (EVGA)

Views
  • @digerus
    Heating issue?
    I have a crewmate who turns off his fan for certain applications and forgets to turn it on before playing SoT. He crashes after about 35-40 minutes.

• It's possible but I doubt it, considering its happened twice already and I don't really turn of my fans nor does my buddy. Also considering its both of us at the same time as well

• I'm having the same issue also, as is my son on his PC. We are both also using RTX cards (me a 3080 TI and him a 3060 TI). We are on the latest drivers (version 511.23). We only started playing at the weekend so no idea if this is a recent thing or not, but both of us experience crashes to the desktop at random times, usually after about 20-30 mins play time, but sometimes more frequently.

As the OP is also on an RTX card I'm wondering if this is the common theme?

• I'm having this same issue with a 3080 PC. It crashes as if it's overheating but looking at the temps it never comes close so I have no idea what the problem is. I've completely given up on trying to play this game.

• @molloy7431 said in Game crashes after a certain amount of time???:

I'm having this same issue with a 3080 PC. It crashes as if it's overheating but looking at the temps it never comes close so I have no idea what the problem is. I've completely given up on trying to play this game.

As this is an old post is better if you make a new post to get assistance.

• Any fix? It's still happening, annoying af

• If anyone is experiencing crashes then there are some fixes that you can try on this help page.

• @foxdodge none of them is working

• @mogyesz2706 Have you tried raising a ticket with support, as they should be able to help identify the problem.

• I had the same kind of crash. After almost 3 hours of stacking and reaching emissary level 5 , I decided to call it a day. Almost reaching the outpost the games freezes and after 3 seconds it closes, without even giving an error code. Uninstalled SoT and cancelled game pass, which I was only using to play this waste of a game. [mod edit]

• Exact issue here, i use an AMD Graphics card so it's not just nvidia users with the crash. Also I only started playing recently on a pretty fresh install of windows so quite suprised, i can play other games for hours on end with no crashes.

• @foxdodge the support is useless, forum is much better but looks like nothing can resolve the issue, I might reinstall my PC

• @zargran Your post has been edited as it goes against the Forum Rules and Pirate Code.

Circumventing the Forum Profanity Filter

A profanity filter is in place to support our commitment to our community to create the world’s friendliest multiplayer game. Topics and posts which attempt to circumvent the filter will be edited or deleted and the users involved warned. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

ALWAYS:

Be respectful. Sea of Thieves is a game for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality, creed or disability. Treat everyone with respect. Diversity only enriches this larger-than-life pirate community of ours and makes Sea of Thieves’ world a far more interesting one to explore. When we all play, everyone wins.

NEVER:

Discriminate against anyone based on who they are. As stated previously, Sea of Thieves is a game for everyone regardless of age, gender, race, sexuality, nationality, creed or disability. Prejudice of any kind is totally unacceptable.

Name calling, personal attacks and using derogatory language against Community Members, Rare Employees, Global Moderators or Deckhands is not acceptable. Using such language will result in a warning, then temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action is persistent or increasingly aggressive, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Please read and abide by the Forum Rules and Pirate Code in future.

Thank you.

• @mogyesz2706 There's a few more things that you can try here.

• Me, my kids, and friends I play with are all getting crashes to desktop every 30 minutes or real close to it just since the last patch. Been playing for over 2 years and never had this happen before. All of us are on different systems from PC to laptop, AMD to Intel, AMD to Nvidia, HDD to SSD, etc. No commonalities between us except the patch and we are all playing the Windows Store version. Have uninstalled, cleaned store cache, reinstalled, patched windows and drivers, etc. It will be at different times too if we started at different times, so it's not one of us bringing down the others. But if we all open the game and start at the same time, we all crash to desktop at the same time about 30 minutes later. Anyone seen this as well?

Getting Windows Event Application Error 1000:
    Faulting application name: SoTGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x627938a5
    Faulting module name: SoTGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x627938a5
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000167036a
    Faulting process id: 0x2d98
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d86a5963d9155a
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SeaofThieves_2.109.9493.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Athena\Binaries\UWP64\SoTGame.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SeaofThieves_2.109.9493.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Athena\Binaries\UWP64\SoTGame.exe
    Report Id: 1036c09a-1e9d-4938-a281-f9891168af98
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SeaofThieves_2.109.9493.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Faulting package-relative application ID: AthenaClientShipping

• @foxdodge thanks, will try them out

• I’ve NEVER had any issues with this game before. Yes, there’s always in game fixes needed, but recently my game also started crashing. It seems as though a bad lag spike will happen, game will freeze and crash. No error code… my system can easily run this game and many others. It’s not our hardware. Something on Rares side needs to be done to fix this issue.

• @cfh-nova said in Game crashes after a certain amount of time???:

I’ve NEVER had any issues with this game before. Yes, there’s always in game fixes needed, but recently my game also started crashing. It seems as though a bad lag spike will happen, game will freeze and crash. No error code… my system can easily run this game and many others. It’s not our hardware. Something on Rares side needs to be done to fix this issue.

I have been having the same issue since the update on May 12th. Nothing has changed on my PC.

• @friedwilly same here… pretty disappointing

• Getting it too now, filing a support ticket. Gonna see if playing on cursed helps.

• @cfh-nova said in Game crashes after a certain amount of time???:

@friedwilly same here… pretty disappointing

I was able to try something and it has improved stability. If you 'Reset App Data' it seems to improve overall stability and I have not had a crash yet.

On a Windows10 PC start with finding and launching 'Add or Remove Programs'. Next, find 'Sea of Thieves' in the list of programs. Select 'Advanced' options and scroll down mid-page and you shall find 'Reset'. Select this button, please note it will reset all the game settings. (i.e., video settings, graphic settings, audio settings, etc.)

This has worked for me.

• support ticket was useless they just told me to reinstall, i only installed the game a week ago

• Hi guys after back and fourth with support they worked out I have this MSI crapware Nahimic installed that can crash apps, removing it seems to of fixed the issue

https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4403780897682-Crashes-due-to-Nahimic-Companion-app?source=search&auth_token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjo1MTgwNjQsInVzZXJfaWQiOjM4MjU2MzMxMDM3OSwidGlja2V0X2lkIjozNzIxMDUsImNoYW5uZWxfaWQiOjYzLCJ0eXBlIjoiU0VBUkNIIiwiZXhwIjoxNjQ3MDg1NDg4fQ.If3gM_c0vqyBs5eePRpY_OAK3hc2EuddwesUZw7N8c0

Views
1 out of 24