Respawn abuse / "Bum Rushing" AND a possible fix for this?

• So I have noticed a common problem with groups of people just after being sunk and them "BUM RUSHING" back into the area of people trying to complete a fort or a vault or anything of the sort.

I understand the respawn mechanic is implemented for a reason but "I" don't think people like it ( I am not speaking for experienced players I am more so speaking for newbies and people who wish for a more generally balanced game experience) , especially me and my friends sinking the same group of people 6 times in a row. If I may, Can I propose a solution?

I Propose this,
    A system to be put in place when a players/crews ship is sunk 2 or 3 times on the same server the group is changed to a different server as to prevent griefing and discourage people to immediately run out of the island they spawn at and rush to the fort / cloud / event they were successfully pushed out of.

It's not satisfying to a crew/player playing the game if the SAME ship and the SAME people just come back 4 times 5 times over and they kill you because they depleted your resources... cause you are on the event trying to complete it, and deal with the same respawning people 5 times now.

It doesn't sound impossible, you have systems in place to count loot, events, bosses. Just put one in place for fresh spawns into worlds. that way they have to think if its worth it to rush back into the fray with the same crew that sank them or go off and do something else.
    and its for fresh spawns so when they get transferred it deletes/removes their spawn in data of the world and they wont get permanently banned off the server and can rejoin the server again at a later point/relog.

I don't wish to push any boundaries further I just wish to improve the community further, and another bright side I see to this it adds more of a challenge to reapers and commendations. I want to make the rewards you are fighting for "Worth their weight in gold"
    not "worth your weight in fools gold and Blood".

SlackDesert24
    Aka. Old Man Jenkins

Views
    feedbackgeneralxbox onecommunitywindows 10
  • no kicking no server changes

when someone sinks send them across the map, for everyone, for every reason

the consequences for sinking are not consistent and it plays into a style of gameplay that already isn't contributing other than as the danger

close respawns are just flat out interference in the food chain and significantly benefit those with nothing to lose and penalize those with everything to lose in regards to loot.

A environment where the producers need to win multiple fights and the non producers only need to win one doesn't make sense and the consequence is less production which negatively affects the servers and experience

• This has been an issue since Day 1.

• As I recall there was an update, about two or three seasons ago, in which if your ship sank in a fight with other players, your respawn was a long way off. But I was never sure that it worked or worked.
    At least in Devil's roar that didn't work. I remember we were in a gally and we sank a brig that came from ancient spire outpost, and less than 5 minutes later he was on top of us with the renewed features, we sank them a second time, and it wasn't long before they were in our wake. They gave up only when we sunk them for the third time

• @maironds88 said in Respawn abuse / "Bum Rushing" AND a possible fix for this?:

As I recall there was an update, about two or three seasons ago, in which if your ship sank in a fight with other players, your respawn was a long way off. But I was never sure that it worked or worked.
    At least in Devil's roar that didn't work. I remember we were in a gally and we sank a brig that came from ancient spire outpost, and less than 5 minutes later he was on top of us with the renewed features, we sank them a second time, and it wasn't long before they were in our wake. They gave up only when we sunk them for the third time

It's not consistent at all

very often 2 islands over still

as someone that solos a lot of reaper I fight these types of crews daily and they rely heavily on the close respawn which is ideal for combating reapers because of the one location to sell

not good for production at all

getting sunk should be a consequence not a strategy

• Recently, I've been sunk at The Reaper's Hideout, after I had sunk another crew there. My ship re-spawned at Wanderer's Refuge.

As I had a back-spawn at the Hideout I thought it was the ship of my opponents waiting there, so I waited for them to approach. After a while (turning in my loot) I gave up and wanted to see where I spawned … way too close if there would have been another fight between the two crews.

There is sure some improvements to be made at the locations of spawning a new ship: IMO as far in the Red Sea as possible in a different region, certainly if there is PvP involved. If Rare can't figure out the cause of sinking is PvE or PvP - tough cookies for those that want to reclaim their loot after being sunk by Volcano, Meg, Kraken, grinding their keel against the bottom of Sea or a gunpowder barrel you accidentally set of.

• @lem0n-curry you aren’t kidding. Sank a sloop today off Galleon’s Grave only to have them respawn at tri-rock. Thankfully they didn’t want to try me again.

• @lem0n-curry said in Respawn abuse / "Bum Rushing" AND a possible fix for this?:

Recently, I've been sunk at The Reaper's Hideout, after I had sunk another crew there. My ship re-spawned at Wanderer's Refuge.

As I had a back-spawn at the Hideout I thought it was the ship of my opponents waiting there, so I waited for them to approach. After a while (turning in my loot) I gave up and wanted to see where I spawned … way too close if there would have been another fight between the two crews.

There is sure some improvements to be made at the locations of spawning a new ship: IMO as far in the Red Sea as possible in a different region, certainly if there is PvP involved. If Rare can't figure out the cause of sinking is PvE or PvP - tough cookies for those that want to reclaim their loot after being sunk by Volcano, Meg, Kraken, grinding their keel against the bottom of Sea or a gunpowder barrel you accidentally set of.

Wait, I thought your boat did not respawn until you took mermaids.

• @personalc0ffee said in Respawn abuse / "Bum Rushing" AND a possible fix for this?:

@lem0n-curry said in Respawn abuse / "Bum Rushing" AND a possible fix for this?:

Recently, I've been sunk at The Reaper's Hideout, after I had sunk another crew there. My ship re-spawned at Wanderer's Refuge.

Wait, I thought your boat did not respawn until you took mermaids.

That's what I've been reading as well - I took a mermaid after the ship had sunk though ... I had a backspawn.

• @lem0n-curry That's really weird. Typically you don't get a backspawn that late.

• @personalc0ffee said in Respawn abuse / "Bum Rushing" AND a possible fix for this?:

@lem0n-curry That's really weird. Typically you don't get a backspawn that late.

I've seen and experienced spawns from the Ferry to a sunken ship that IMO shouldn't have happened.

BTW, has anyone ever provided proof of that the ship only spawns after you take the mermaid or is it just a repeated assumption ?

• I sink a newbie ship. Not at a fort just in the wild. I come across them again, sink. They are now forced to switch servers. Why? Because they stink at pvp

That is horrible for those less understanding or just run into players who hunt ships.

My proposal. If your doing a fort and sink a ship twice. Your doing it…To….Slow!! Speed up

Or risk losing the rewards because of your own issues.

• No to forced server merges. Too manipulatable.

They just need to open up the Devil's Roar for respawns and then alter the algorithm to make respawns be as far away as possible.

I'd love if they took it a step further and made it so PvP respawned ships had ZERO supplies. No chainshots. No cannonballs. No planks. Nothing. You want to get back into battle? Not only are you going to have to travel, you're going to have to spend time collecting sufficient supplies to get back into battle. This might be a bit harsh, but I think it's appropriate for PvP related sinks.

• @lem0n-curry think about it…a mermaid takes you to a ship….no ship no mermaid..but yes a ship spawns and you dont need to take a mermaid to spawn it…ive seen it

• @madfrito99 @lem0n-curry

If you're interested in testing it, just throw up your Reaper's Mark flag, hop onto someone else's ship, scuttle your ship, and then go look at their map table for a Reaper's Mark.

• @sweetsandman said in Respawn abuse / "Bum Rushing" AND a possible fix for this?:

@madfrito99 @lem0n-curry

If you're interested in testing it, just throw up your Reaper's Mark flag, hop onto someone else's ship, scuttle your ship, and then go look at their map table for a Reaper's Mark.

I was looking forward to test this with my crewmate - trying to get on one server, sinking and then searching for my ship.
    This sounds easier and faster :).

• @sweetsandman from what I understand this actually wouldn't provide an accurate representation of the spawn distance. I've had multiple sweat crews tell my to vote to skuttle if the ship is definitely going down apparently you spawn closer if you do this as the game doesn't realize you've been sunk by pvp.

• @slackdesert24 I really like Falcores old idea where crews spawn with less and less resources depending on how many times they sink.

• @xzodeak said in Respawn abuse / "Bum Rushing" AND a possible fix for this?:

@slackdesert24 I really like Falcores old idea where crews spawn with less and less resources depending on how many times they sink.

That's a great idea

• @lem0n-curry said in Respawn abuse / "Bum Rushing" AND a possible fix for this?:

@personalc0ffee said in Respawn abuse / "Bum Rushing" AND a possible fix for this?:

@lem0n-curry That's really weird. Typically you don't get a backspawn that late.

I've seen and experienced spawns from the Ferry to a sunken ship that IMO shouldn't have happened.

BTW, has anyone ever provided proof of that the ship only spawns after you take the mermaid or is it just a repeated assumption ?

In Arena, ships only respawn when a player takes a mermaid or they themselves respawn after dying. Not sure about Adventure, though.

• @wolfmanbush I 100% agree. I’ve lost hundreds of thousands of gold because a ship, usually a galleon or brigantine, just comes back over and over. It is so frustrating! Most of the time, I just have to run with what loot I have because I went from 150 cannonballs to 21 cannonballs because of how many times people come back.
    Now, I’ve got a story…
    My friend and I were on a sloop and we had just sank an enemy sloop for the fifth time at a FoF (it took them no more than 3 minutes to get to us every time) and I looked around after we sank them and saw their ship literally pop into existence at the island RIGHT next to us! I wasn’t sure at the time but the moment they beelined for us, I was sure. So, we sank them, finished the FoF and managed to get all the Athena items and most of the stronghold items, including the Ashen Winds skull.
    But it just proves the point that people respawn too close. Wasn’t there an update this year that made people spawn farther away from where they sank, or was it the other way around?

Views
feedbackgeneralxbox onecommunitywindows 10
1 out of 21