interchangable front mounted harpoon/mini cannons

• hold e on harpoon to switch to mini cannon that does like 1/3rd the damage of a regular cannon so basically only able to produce tier 1 holes unless hitting an existing hole, can only shoot about half as far as a regular cannon, and can only use regular cannon balls. possibly chains as well

since runners have a huge advantage wasting time, boarders, kegs, sniping, wind or running into the red sea or skimming outposts to sell.

shouldn't the chasers be able to keep pressure on them? besides chasing? its not like the runners wouldn't be able to fight back against them since they can easily snipe them since the mini cannons are severely exposed as they are.

but yea the chase is severely one sided until the actual clash and the chase could take ages to complete. giving the chasers the mini cannons will help even out the playing field for the chase if implemented correctly.

Views
  • @oryanstar said in interchangable front mounted harpoon/mini cannons:

hold e on harpoon to switch to mini cannon that does like 1/3rd the damage of a regular cannon so basically only able to produce tier 1 holes unless hitting an existing hole, can only shoot about half as far as a regular cannon, and can only use regular cannon balls. possibly chains as well

since runners have a huge advantage wasting time, boarders, kegs, sniping, wind or running into the red sea or skimming outposts to sell.

shouldn't the chasers be able to keep pressure on them? besides chasing? its not like the runners wouldn't be able to fight back against them since they can easily snipe them since the mini cannons are severely exposed as they are.

but yea the chase is severely one sided until the actual clash and the chase could take ages to complete. giving the chasers the mini cannons will help even out the playing field for the chase if implemented correctly.

Shooting a cannon is vastly different from shooting a sniper

Cannonballs = knockback + splash + larger projectile easier to hit things

Sniper = smaller projectile + requires greater accuracy harder to hit things

Can't catch them? Call off and do something else theres more loot to be had

• @oryanstar

Hi,

Cool idea, but I think I read before that they tried this back along, but it was too OP. It could only be made made balanced by adding rear "mini cannons" too so that whoever you are chasing can return fire with the same equipment you are using.

I think it would be cool to have this added, but if I were the type to run (and sometimes that is a tactically sound decision) then I wouldn't be too keen at all unless I had the same opportunity to return fire.

Cheers

• As a frequent runner I would hate this. I can almost always get away as it is, and hardly ever have to sail into the shroud.

• A balanced pve/pvp environment is not making changes to benefit the pvp after the pve adapts it's to offer an equal foundation where both must adapt to the other in order to thrive

They adapted now you figure it out without changing the equal foundation

Views
1 out of 5