Season 2 has broken one of its core rules, by turning possession of gold into a direct advantage.

• I don't really mind that you can buy crates with supplies but it wasn't needed at all. You can already get supplies extremely easy. Having the ability to buy supplies really helps people like me that servers-hops for PvP and it's just silly how cheap they are. They are basically free (except the storage crate that is a waste of money, who is silly enough to spend 17.5k for a empty box that you can find everywhere on islands?)

• Idk man it kinda just is saving me from having to spend 10 minutes stocking up. Buying or not I'm still gonna have more resources. Plus buying them means you aren't getting more chainshots, bombs, curseballs or other food than bananas.

• @kapitein-kater sagte in Season 2 has broken one of its core rules, by turning possession of gold into a direct advantage.:

People can absolutely respawn at outposts if there is no other ship nearby the closest they sunk at.

I play SoT since the 7th or 8th month since release.

And I cannot even remember a single instance of me spawning AT AN OUTPOST after being sunk in battle.
    I always spawned at an island somewhere.
    Sometimes near, sometimes... °cough° "further" away.

Already calmed down by now?
    There are restrictions to the loot one can buy after all.
    Let people waste their money I say! It won't be unlimited.

• @itz-majman said in Season 2 has broken one of its core rules, by turning possession of gold into a direct advantage.:

I don't really mind that you can buy crates with supplies but it wasn't needed at all. You can already get supplies extremely easy. Having the ability to buy supplies really helps people like me that servers-hops for PvP and it's just silly how cheap they are. They are basically free (except the storage crate that is a waste of money, who is silly enough to spend 17.5k for a empty box that you can find everywhere on islands?)

pre-stocked supplies, plenty of outpost supplies and RNG on rowboats and storage crates being so high that 2 or 3 of each on an island isn't uncommon isn't enough

One thing I'll miss is the romance and significance of people leaving each other their supplies. It'll still happen but it won't be the same.

• @odyssee-mit-tee said in Season 2 has broken one of its core rules, by turning possession of gold into a direct advantage.:

@kapitein-kater sagte in Season 2 has broken one of its core rules, by turning possession of gold into a direct advantage.:

People can absolutely respawn at outposts if there is no other ship nearby the closest they sunk at.

I play SoT since the 7th or 8th month since release.

And I cannot even remember a single instance of me spawning AT AN OUTPOST after being sunk in battle.
    I always spawned at an island somewhere.
    Sometimes near, sometimes... °cough° "further" away.

Already calmed down by now?
    There are restrictions to the loot one can buy after all.
    Let people waste their money I say! It won't be unlimited.

We literally had a brig that we sunk over at Devil's Ridge 11 days ago respawn right at Ancient Spire. https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/134661/the-ship-respawn-from-sinking-by-pvp-is-so-unbalanced-man Yesterday too I spawned at ancient spire after having my ship sunk at Keel Haul Fort during a Fort of Fortune steal.

So yes, you absolutely can respawn on outposts.

• Cant tell if troll post or not? The crates cost 3000-5000 gold. Just for doing the maiden voyage you earn 25.000 gold. If you are struggling to earn 3000-5000 gold each session you play then you're doing something wrong.
    Buying supplies is great, nobody wants to spend ages checking barrels. Its repetitive. The rules are still the same for everyone. 1 of each crate every 3 in-game days, and they are dirt cheap. If you seriously cant afford it, someone on your crew probably can.
    If the game is seriously ruined for you because people can buy a crate of cannonballs maybe this game wasn't for you in the first place.

• @wolfmanbush said in Season 2 has broken one of its core rules, by turning possession of gold into a direct advantage.:

@kapitein-kater said in Season 2 has broken one of its core rules, by turning possession of gold into a direct advantage.:

@wolfmanbush said in Season 2 has broken one of its core rules, by turning possession of gold into a direct advantage.:

Gotta save those content creators some time.

Time is money

Wait till the casuals that want this sort of thing because they are lazy find out the consequences of "be careful what you wish for"

BIG doubt this is "for the content creators". In fact, this directly caters server hoppers and stream snipers too, stripping any preparation time they need after (re-)spawning and can directly go harass a streamer with 50 EXTRA planks and cannonballs.

that's who it benefits the most but that's not who it's catering to

it's catering to a few large channels that have been pushing for this and a casual portion of the base that supported their push

those hardcore pvp crews out there wrecking stuff for fun or for their 10 viewers have no leverage. They aren't being catered to. This a a very big channel/casual portion of the base move. They've been asking for it. They have the numbers for pull

Im surprised you still follow this game LOL. I remember you. You are in every negative thread, thrashing on the game. In every suggestion thread that has something to do with PvP, thrashing on the game. Find a new game bro, this is such a waste of your time :D

• You can buy one every 2.8-3 hours per crew. I'm a day one vet and so is my crew. We have put more time into this game than most, I think this addition is really nice and honestly the community has wanted it for years. It's not an advantage as everyone can buy them, if you choose not to buy them that is YOUR fault, and your choice. Not the dev's. Gold is easy to come by and there are plenty of ways to acquire it. The crates are nor even expensive and I believe they have been quite lenient with the current price. In fact I thought if they ever did this it would be for more gold. Your post does not really hold much basis and the majority of players wanted this. Its actually one of the few things in the recent years that we believe is good for the game.

• today i bought a cannonball crate and lost the next fight. for me, there was no advantage...hmmm

• @mrmalfor said in Season 2 has broken one of its core rules, by turning possession of gold into a direct advantage.:

today i bought a cannonball crate and lost the next fight. for me, there was no advantage...hmmm

Nope, people just need something to make a big deal of each update. This was it this time, lol.

Views
44 out of 45