The Ship Respawn from sinking by PvP is so unbalanced man...

• We just sunk a brig at Devil's Ridge. They respawn super close to us, at Ancient Spire. Close enough to hop on and return for a retry.

They end up sinking us, we respawn all the way at Smuggler's Bay. Nowhere near enough to even hope for a retry.

How is this balanced.

Views
  • The algorithms priority is to avoid collision and keep people from landing around each other.

The way to address this without causing algorithm issues is to remove all supplies from a re-spawned ship. They should be able to attack as many times as they want and they have no control over how close or how far but there is no reason people should have supplies already loaded that serves the game. It serves certain types of play preferences but not the game itself.

• @kapitein-kater said in The Ship Respawn from sinking by PvP is so unbalanced man...:

We just sunk a brig at Devil's Ridge. They respawn super close to us, at Ancient Spire. Close enough to hop on and return for a retry.

They end up sinking us, we respawn all the way at Smuggler's Bay. Nowhere near enough to even hope for a retry.

How is this balanced.

i know we sunk a gally and we had a key chest for vault raiders and near the island where we had to go is where they spawned yeah

• @wolfmanbush I mean, fair, but even without supplies you can be an absolute pest to someone trying to enact revenge just because you spawn close enough. Distance is a big enabler/disabler, not the lack of supply.

• @kapitein-kater said in The Ship Respawn from sinking by PvP is so unbalanced man...:

@wolfmanbush I mean, fair, but even without supplies you can be an absolute pest to someone trying to enact revenge just because you spawn close enough. Distance is a big enabler/disabler, not the lack of supply.

They can either sail without anything other than their pockets or they can take time to get supplies from their spawn point

Not having anything other than pockets changes to game to make more sense and create a less annoying environment. Perseverance is a valid strategy but enabled peskiness isn't necessary or productive.

This leans towards effort rather than laziness which is necessary in a risk/reward game. Lack of risk and required effort for combat makes the gameplay lame

• @wolfmanbush They can just ram/harpoon your ship and/or steal supplies from the next best board attempt they get.

Also, inventories are kept during death, so a brig still is likely to respawn with 30 cannonballs without any cannonballs in its barrels.

@wolfmanbush They can just ram/harpoon your ship and/or steal supplies from the next best board attempt they get.

Also, inventories are kept during death, so a brig still is likely to respawn with 30 cannonballs without any cannonballs in its barrels.

The point isn't to lean in your direction it's to keep a balance. They should be able to come up with whatever strategy they wish but it shouldn't be enabled with pre-stocked supplies imo.

There is no risk when a person hops a server for a quick kill or just comes back stocked over and over. You can't force risk if someone refuses to participate in it but you can stop enabling them and start requiring them to put in some effort without interfering with algorithms

• Y'all care about loot too much. XD

• @wolfmanbush I don't really think the loot you spawn with is that big of an issue. Sure people can be annoying but what if you just stocked up after sinking and get sunk again. Now you have to start over and stock up again. The point of starting supplies is so you can jump back into the real game play if you want.

• @wolfmanbush I think you mis-understood. I was complaining about someone REspawning after a PvP sink ridiculously close, while on the flipside you sink ridiculously far under the same conditions.

@wolfmanbush I think you mis-understood. I was complaining about someone REspawning after a PvP sink ridiculously close, while on the flipside you sink ridiculously far under the same conditions.

It's just an algorithm based on what's going on around the server. In that way it's balanced because like everything else sometimes you get a good draw and sometimes you get a bad one

People aren't choosing their spawn locations so it's not being manipulated unfairly.

• @wolfmanbush So it's complete RNG that can dedice to mess you up by letting a ship you first thought bested have a swift vengeance on you while you're not given that chance on literally the same circumstances? Randomness is the opposite of balance.

• @kapitein-kater sagte in The Ship Respawn from sinking by PvP is so unbalanced man...:

We just sunk a brig at Devil's Ridge. They respawn super close to us, at Ancient Spire. Close enough to hop on and return for a retry.

How is this balanced.

Welcome to "Sea of getting Rared" ? lol
    My genuine condolences.
    This game is not fair.

Could be worse. You could be krakened and lose your Athenas Emissary 5 like I did.

• @odyssee-mit-tee said in The Ship Respawn from sinking by PvP is so unbalanced man...:

@kapitein-kater sagte in The Ship Respawn from sinking by PvP is so unbalanced man...:

How is this balanced.

Welcome to "Sea of getting Rared" ? lol
    My genuine condolences.
    This game is not fair.

Could be worse. You could be krakened and lose your Athenas Emissary 5 like I did.

oh trust me, I've already had worse.

Ever had a Reaper 5 battle-ready server merge hardly a Firebomb's throw away from your ship?

• Uhhh don’t you guys go back and sink someone that sunk you...even thought it’s a new spawn you jump off the boat with empty pockets into barrels floating nearby and shoot yourselves over to the islands you pass for supplies like the year 1 players when supplies are not abundant.
    Pssshh rookies.

Like someone else said it’s even better when you are in the opponents ship and take their wood and throw their cargo crates over board...sinks the enemy every time.

• @wolfmanbush It's not so much that it's unfair, but it's moreso inconsistent, which can be quite frustrating to players who already have a difficult time sinking a challenging crew in the first place.

• @awsmstaccntname finaly someone sees loot as a extra instead of a must

• Hi,

Sounds liker a case of random bad luck really. You win some and lose some man. I know what you mean though, a similar thing happened to me where I got attacked doing a treasure run and sunk. I happened to respawn not too far from them. So I enacted revenge and used that distance to my advantage where they must have been very low on supplies after a long engagement.

Other times, I have respawned the other side of the map to the emissary ship that just sank me so depending on how I feel and the distance, I may not bother going for them. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Cheers

• @gunner-rat said in The Ship Respawn from sinking by PvP is so unbalanced man...:

Hi,

Sounds liker a case of random bad luck really. You win some and lose some man. I know what you mean though, a similar thing happened to me where I got attacked doing a treasure run and sunk. I happened to respawn not too far from them. So I enacted revenge and used that distance to my advantage where they must have been very low on supplies after a long engagement.

Other times, I have respawned the other side of the map to the emissary ship that just sank me so depending on how I feel and the distance, I may not bother going for them. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Cheers

yeah but some times it can be pretty unbalanced

• @johnhp1 lol we still jump over board for loot and shoot off when sailing. Year one player btw. My friends aren't but I taught them the year one strats.

Views
1 out of 20