Release Notes - 2.1.0

• Release Notes - 2.1.0
    Today's maintenance window is now over and Sea of Thieves is officially back online alongside update 2.1.0!
    Read our release notes to find out more about the fixes and improvements that this build introduces.

Release Notes - 2.1.0

LOOKING FOR CREW?
    Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Forums
    Xbox Club
    Verified Discord

Views
  • What a disappointing 3 month wait...

• This update doesn't seem that much more significant than the updates we were getting every month. Did we really wait 3 months for the ability to buy resources and a reskinned fort?

• so all the same bosses as all the other content from last year... so no new content.. +1 for not reusing grey marrow again.. but come on..

and no sword combat fixes either... ic.

glad u still have hit reg on the known issues

add one more item to my 'wish was never added to the game list':

1. alliance system
    2. revive system
    3. ability to purchase resources
    4. cursed cannonballs
    5. talking event head in the sky
    6. costumes

good job on the merchant trading outpost to outpost goods. to bad u didn't even bother making a new model for the crates.. just reused old crates.

new cosmetics are nice.

I heard y'all upped the population of the servers back to 6 ships. if this is indeed true... u can ignore everything above. best patch evah.

• The volcano bursting graphic quality has decreased a lot.
    They're a pain in the aft and to be honest they're now an ugly pain in the but

• What to say that hasn't been said already. Fort of Copy&Paste, supplies crates (while animal crates can be purchased for example) and wood crates 2.0 that aren't even recolored to look different.

Good ideas, lazy and bad execution. Fof could have been epic, or at least, more apealing, with some tweaks here and there.

Lame update. Old monthly updates were even larger. Sword still is broken, and I hope latency has been actually fixed at least.

S3 better be god.

• The likelihood of being targeted by the Kraken immediately after a previous world event has been reduced.

So disappointed this became a thing.
    Poor Karen just wants some love...now nobody will get to meet the poor girl.

What next, reduce the time between world events to 2 hours? Encouraging players to do Voyages and/Or fight among themselves instead?

• Found season 1 dissapointing.

Season 2 is worse. I was led to believe season 1 was a test of sorts, and that season 2 would explode on our screens bursting with content.
    The fact that the new crates are so lazily put together and just look dull and boring sums up how lazily updates are becoming on this game. Won't be spending anything in the emporium for sure as I would hate to encourage more of this lack of effort on ingame items and content being reused over and over again and only favouring making an effort for items in the emporium.

Sorry. But I have no positive things to say!

• @treefittymonsta That's because they are literally the same crates, you can just buy them now. Why would they waste time and resources to make a new model for the same exact item? Unless you're talking about the trade commodities, which is a little more understandable, but it still makes sense for them to be in basic wooden crates. Why would the merchants put basic unrefined materials in a fancy box?

• @hrogtharr You're literally an insider, you should know what is coming next. Why are you complaining?

• @mithrandir6712 said in Release Notes - 2.1.0:

@hrogtharr You're literally an insider, you should know what is coming next. Why are you complaining?

because we can, and we should. if we don't complain then rare will think this is ok. and it's not ok. they can ignore us if they want... I'm sure insiders were complaining about this update well before it was patched for retail. insider is pointless, they obviously ignore our input.. seeing these patch notes

• Big Uff is all I can say

• @mithrandir6712 said in Release Notes - 2.1.0:

@treefittymonsta That's because they are literally the same crates, you can just buy them now. Why would they waste time and resources to make a new model for the same exact item? Unless you're talking about the trade commodities, which is a little more understandable, but it still makes sense for them to be in basic wooden crates. Why would the merchants put basic unrefined materials in a fancy box?

talking about the commodity crates...

• It's sad that the old monthly updates were sometimes epic and the new three month updates are mehh. I knew what this update had in it and it still managed to disappoint me after it's release somehow.

• Is there no megathread to mention bug reports?

So we ( 2 player sloop) reached level 5 merch emissary while doing trade routes. While we were delivering commodities to sanctuary outpost, I grabbed 3 of our cargo pieces. Before finishing the cargo pickup, I bought some commodities. Was unable to pick up anything else from the merchant at the outpost, Action said "pick up cargo" but was frozen, would not give cargo or purchased commodity.

Was able to purchase commodities at other outpost but not complete cargo pickup

• Ships are suppose to spawn further after sinking. Well. Guess what! Not true.

Why since summer the fixed issues are not fixed at all?

Are you planning to fix sword some time?

Just see how much feedback this thread has... Too less. Patch notes thread used to have pages.

• I feel like having the Trade Route details not be handled via the chalk board outside of Merchant Alliance posts was I missed opportunity. Instead of adding some new generic book to all the Outposts we could have added functionality to something that already existed.

• @stabsdeep said in Release Notes - 2.1.0:

Is there no megathread to mention bug reports?

So we ( 2 player sloop) reached level 5 merch emissary while doing trade routes. While we were delivering commodities to sanctuary outpost, I grabbed 3 of our cargo pieces. Before finishing the cargo pickup, I bought some commodities. Was unable to pick up anything else from the merchant at the outpost, Action said "pick up cargo" but was frozen, would not give cargo or purchased commodity.

Was able to purchase commodities at other outpost but not complete cargo pickup

I got a reply to the ticket that I submitted; they are aware of this and working on a solution.
    They advise to restart session to reset interface.

• would have been nice to actually get something new instead of just reskinned items and loot that we already had before.

• ok... I'm hearing rumors that server cap was silently upped back to 6 ships... if this is indeed true.. I take it all back... this is the best patch since they nerfed the servers to 5 ships.

• @lem0n-curry Thanks for sharing matey

• Gracias! More than a year of reporting it but finally it was possible.

alt text

• The volcano graphics need a new setting. They're so ugly, and they were so beautiful before. Please give us a graphic setting for it. I can't believe how bad they look now, it's like a classic Rare volcano on N64.

• @majaura I believe this one is on the radar matey! A fix is incoming.

• @musicmee said in Release Notes - 2.1.0:

@majaura I believe this one is on the radar matey! A fix is incoming.

Also please Pet Volume Slider....plz ahoy matey thank you plz matey T____T

• Is the increased spawn rate of forts due to the FoF having a chance to spawn from a standard fort?
    I.E. Fort spawns, 25% chance for that fort to be a FoF.
    Is there anything other than speculation talking to this? Just seems like a downer that I gotta see 3 forts before every other type of world event.

Views
21 out of 27