Most effective way to make gold?

• So, I've been playing SoT for some time now and I'm still busy with my final ship cosmetics. I'm pretty high up in level in the companies and have found my way around most of the various voyages and quests. Lately, I've been running cargo runs in the devil's roar since I can make like 35-50k in three hours as a solo slooper. So, I was wondering: Is there a more effective way to gain some gold solo?

Views
  • @doctormwm04 said in Most effective way to make gold?:

So, I've been playing SoT for some time now and I'm still busy with my final ship cosmetics. I'm pretty high up in level in the companies and have found my way around most of the various voyages and quests. Lately, I've been running cargo runs in the devil's roar since I can make like 35-50k in three hours as a solo slooper. So, I was wondering: Is there a more effective way to gain some gold solo?

You should be gaining way more than 50k for 3 hours in the devil's roar. Everything there brings in a higher price. As a solo player you're very limited with options, I would suggest Order of Souls with emissary flag raised and only go to islands with 4 skeleton captains and kill them with cannons if possible, in the Devil's Roar. I found this the easiest way to reach grade 5 on an emissary as a solo player and make good money. It shouldn't take 3 hours though.

• level 5 reapers fleets and ashen winds both can be done solo with practice and quickly compared to the prices they bring in

if youre not into that intensity stick to level 5 gold hoarder vaults and skelly ships and skelly captains along the way

i'd recommend the new merchant voyage but they are terribly inconsistent so until that is fixed properly that will have to be an option at a later date

if you just wanna make some gold and don't have friends to play with just use open crew brig and help out people that are doing something productive and you can make gold that way with assistance which is more effective than solo when you pick and choose your time well

take advantage of double gold weekends and gold rush times (2 hours a day where you get 1.5x more gold)

• Thx so far, really good advice! I'll be sure to make use of it. ^^

• Merchants' voyages where you have to find ships and Vault voyages of the gold can be good ways to make golds if you have the emmisary flag. Sell the loot and the flag at level 5 emissary, put back the flag and do that again :)

• Grade 5 gold hoarder doing Devils Roar ashen vaults.

• Everyone saying Devil's Roar is wrong, sure it's good but there's better ways these days. Specially if you are solo and don't wanna wait 5+ minutes for volcanoes.

PvE-wise = The new merchant voyage, keep doing the riddles/clues until you have the key and then sail over to where the shipwreck is and grab the loot and repeat. Use either a Merchant or Reaper's emissary while doing it, i recommend Merchant since it's extremely easy to sell anything to that alliance at any outpost in the game.
    Bonus: Check the barrels on the inside and you might stumble across some valuable fish at the same time.

PvP-wise = Jump servers until you see a reaper's 4 or 5 and chase them down. Alternatively jump servers until you stumble across 3-4 people in the same or various emisarry's and hunt them down.

• I maxed out all my emissary factions, minus Athena's, by doing world events while flying an emissary. Flame Heart has been the most profitable of all the world events especially if you are running a Reaper emissary. The Battle of the Sea of Thieves is probably equally as profitable if you can get all the loot.

All world events are fairly easy to solo on a sloop if you take the time to learn some tactics.

If you want an easier but still profitable gold source I would highly recommend doing the lost shipment Merchant Voyages with a Merchant emissary in the Ancient isles. I find these to be the fastest lost shipment voyages to do and you can easily do multiple voyages within a short period of time. However, this method does get boring rather quickly.

• I say you can make way more than 30-50k in 3 hours just by island hopping. Not to mention level 5 GH or Order o souls vayage rinse and repeat.

• @doctormwm04 If you have access to the lost shipment voyages. I would highly recommend doing those with a merchant emissary. Each voyage will get you to grade 5. And you can generally make about 50k or more per voyage. And they take maybe 30 minutes or so

• Many thanks again! I'll make sure to try those lost ship merchant voyages.

Views
1 out of 11