Give us them patch notes already!

• Seriously, unless Rare is super hesitant if the patch will pull through or not on patch days, why aren't the notes released DURING the process? Is there another reason except potential patch postponement?

Why can't we have people reading the notes firmly when they can't play? Instead they come after the game is playable and be mostly ignored.

This really buggs me every single time! :D

Views
  • You've pretty much answered your own question...

unless Rare is super hesitant if the patch will pull through or not on patch day

There have been times when during update day they've had to cancel the update and push it back, so they usually wait until they are sure the update is working and can go ahead.

• There's no point in putting out patch notes if they then have to pull the patch. It's simply a prudent precaution. Don't count your chickens until they've hatched.

• You've pretty much answered your own question...

Have I?!

There's no point in putting out patch notes if they then have to pull the patch. It's simply a prudent precaution. Don't count your chickens until they've hatched.

There have been times when during update day they've had to cancel the update and push it back, so they usually wait until they are sure the update is working and can go ahead.

So what? People will know what's coming few days in advance? That's just the more reason to get even more hyped! And hook more people around you to jump back into SoT!

• @greengrimz Its worth the wait ;D ....

• @musicmee said in Give us them patch notes already!:

@greengrimz Its worth the wait ;D ....

No fair! You're teasing me!

• From a marketing standpoint it makes more sense to keep details wrapped up until the update is available and working, and they can capitalise more on earned media (streamers and other content creators).

Patch notes ahead of time have the potential to minimise that impact when the update finally hits, staggering engagement. Having it more co-ordinated maximises "trending".

I hate using all those buzz words but that's how PR thinks.

• @realstyli

So streamers and content creators won't get even more hyped and won't further hype their viewers, if they knew what's to come in few days? Is that what you tried to explain?

• Like spoiled kids demanding to open their Christmas Presents before morning....

Millennials........

• @glannigan said in Give us them patch notes already!:

Like spoiled kids demanding to open their Christmas Presents before morning....

Millennials........

Not even offended! I'm 1989, thanks for the compliment!

And I'm really not demanding for the present, to put it in your words, only to read the label.

• @greengrimz sagte in Give us them patch notes already!:

@musicmee said in Give us them patch notes already!:

@greengrimz Its worth the wait ;D ....

No fair! You're teasing me!

Im just gonna say, if you like green as much as Rare your gonna be reeeealy excited XD

• If they postpone an update, they may have to pull out a change before it actually goes live. I’ve read enough whining on these forums to know people lose their minds over this stuff. “Great going Rare! It was the one feature I was really looking for! How hard could it be!?” Also, there is already enough bad information passed around about how the game works. Releasing patch notes before you go live with it, postponing, and yanking a feature that has already been announced just adds to the noise.

• @greengrimz said in Give us them patch notes already!:

@realstyli

So streamers and content creators won't get even more hyped and won't further hype their viewers, if they knew what's to come in few days? Is that what you tried to explain?

I didn't try to do anything, I did explain it.

They just wouldn't get the same impact, though a lot of games do it that way what tends to happen is less people watch streams or jump in to find out what's new, as they get all those details ahead of time and decide when (or if) they are going to play it. By co-ordinating the full details with the launch of the update you create a much bigger hype and more players will jump in to play... more playing = higher trending and more people buying the game or add-on content.

• Sorry guys for that stupid question, do you mind to tell me around what time we’ll be able to play the game ? Around 7pm ?

• I would like patch notes too.

• @max-zenglein

Do I like green? Look at my name!

• @realstyli

I respect your opinion, though personally, I'd be more hyped if I knew what's coming and jump right in, rather than not knowing, and still jump right in.

Small example: that pumpkin screenshot Rare posted recently. It got me all fired up and impatient! With or without that, I will still jump right into the game!

• @jackoptitcalots said in Give us them patch notes already!:

Sorry guys for that stupid question, do you mind to tell me around what time we’ll be able to play the game ? Around 7pm ?

I think the game usually goes live again at around 4pm (UK time).

• @luciansanchez82 thanks mate! 1 more hour, can’t wait hoho

• servers are up now.

Patch notes pls!

• @theto0l @Greengrimz

https://www.seaofthieves.com/release-notes/2.0.19

• @captain-coel

But how? Why doesn't the release notes page update? I've kept refreshing it for hours now...

• @greengrimz i cant explain that. But Rare like many developers run their website in a methodical way. I just changed the 8 to a 9 in the web address 2.0.18

• @captain-coel said in Give us them patch notes already!:

@greengrimz i cant explain that. But Rare like many developers run their website in a methodical way. I just changed the 8 to a 9 in the web address 2.0.18

Clever!

• just read last year's patch notes for the fort of the damned.. it's recycled bosses and content..

• @treefittymonsta plus we'll have to wait several weeks before we can get all the rewards lol

• @neon-ic0n said in Give us them patch notes already!:

@treefittymonsta plus we'll have to wait several weeks before we can get all the rewards lol

yep.. well at least I don't have to leave the game to check progress for quests/events on a separate website

Views
1 out of 28