Console Platforms - Nintendo Switch

• Am I the only player who would like to play sea of thieves on my Nintendo switch? Probably not and considering how big the Nintendo switch community is I am sure Nintendo switch would be an ideal platform for sea of thieves.

Nintendo switch offers a huge advantage against other platforms and that advantage would be portability! as you can imagine this would make multiplayer in LAN parties possible and could improve the number of active players on sea of thieves.

The hardware on Nintendo switch will probably not be enough for the highest quality settings but I am sure the Nintendo switch will be able to run sea of thieve at acceptable settings. The control scheme of the Nintendo switch would also be compatible with sea of thieves I think.

I know it might take up to 2 years to adapt and release sea of thieves on Nintendo switch but i'm sure it would be worth!

Xbox live has already been used to connected to Nintendo switch games like Minecraft to the Xbox version which means I think Xbox cross platform with switch should be easy to implement as well!! which would be awesome.

Overall I think the Nintendo switch would be an awesome platform for sea of thieves and would also grow the community for sea of thieves. Also lets not forget that there is probably a big profit to be made as well which would also help encourage development. In the end I believe the Nintendo switch would be an ideal platform for sea of thieves with me and many others who would love to see sea of thieves on our Nintendo switchs in the future.

Views
  • I wouldn't mind at all. They should just ditch the exclusivity and open it up to playstation as well. More players, more money spent in the emporium to help continue with development for a long lasting game life.

• @enticed-malice ummm no, the playstation community would ruin the game. Also PlayStation's contracts tend to be very, as I would say, Toxic. Look at Cod MW and how they removed an entire mode for a whole year... like yea Sony and their PlayStation contracts are horrible for developers.

• Why would a Microsoft owned developer invest that much into allowing their competition access? Also isn't Xbox working on portable gaming?

• This game is "xbox ecosystem" exclusive. MS also said they dont plan on bringing any other games besides Cuphead and Ori to Switch.

• @cookieking739 toxicity is on all platforms, even nintendo.... Saying the playstation community would ruin the game is kinda discriminatory no? If a game is to survive, you need players...

• @enticed-malice This is my opinion. The PlayStation community has 60% of its users believing that PlayStation is the best... I am here as a PC user laughing at them as its clear most of them are probably kids who have not even tried other platforms. The Nintendo community at the minute is one of the friendliest communities out there for gaming and appeals to everyone thanks to Nintendo being a more user interactive company that doesn't use the cold heart approach of looking at figures and saying yep lets make terrible contracts to cripple the gaming industry cough cough Sony cough.

Thanks to Sony and their horrible contracts, even me a PC user is being affected by PlayStation's toxic actions and community. It is because the PlayStation community is so toxic and fixated on the false idea that PlayStation is the only and best platform for gaming, that gaming in general has been negatively affected. Nintendo might make amazing exclusive games but they aint gonna ever be like Sony as Nintendo will never just make contracts that maximise profit by forcing game developers to remove entire features of a game from other platforms.

• @enticed-malice If a game is to survive it must never sign a contract with PlayStation! imagine if sea of thieves removes boats from other platforms because the PlayStation contract forces them to... thats how horrible Sony is at the minute, Sony don't care about gamers, they would rather see games burn just so they can maximise profit.

• @cookieking739 I'm sensing that you do not like playstation

• @cookieking739

This is my opinion. The PlayStation community has 60% of its users believing that PlayStation is the best...

Pc player here, for me Sony and Microsoft are two pieces cut from the same cloth. I've met plenty of Xbox fanboys who preach superiority over Playstation. You bring up exlusivity with the COD mode, while that may be a more explicit example, I don't believe Microsoft is above that either. In general, exclusivity is so far entrenched within the Console world in general. I think that specific example is just what is to come from that environment of exclusivity.

We as PC players don't see it as much, but its slowly starting to seep into the launcher market. Frankly, I want to nip that in the but right away.

Side note, I don't think Switch is remotely capable of running this game in general. Nintendo isn't know for having powerful consoles.

• Not against it, but I don't think the switch could handle it.
    Portable SoT would be fun, but I guessed I could just get a laptop? Lol

• @nabberwar Sea of thieves is not that demanding and I don't see performance being an issue but I have also seen games with performance issues on switch with Ark survival evolve being a good example. On the other hand games like the Witcher 3 and Doom run on the Nintendo switch which makes me believe sea of thieves would be a good port.

Exclusivity is a good thing to some extent like how Nintendo make amazing exclusive games, but when you get developers of games being very limited and controlled by companies like Sony via contracts well I just don't think that's good and in general I believe that any support for such things like what Sony has done is just wrong.

There has to be a line between how a company can control the market and taking entire game modes out of games is very much over that line. I have never seen Xbox do anything like remove an entire mode from a game and I am pretty sure Xbox/Microsoft would never do that! And if we just say that what Sony is doing is okay because its about exclusiveness then imagine how much further they might go! Imagine the next Cod game having the whole multiplayer mode exclusive to PlayStation imagine A game like sea of thieves having the sword removed from other platforms and being exclusive to PlayStation like this affects every other platform even PC and I would not want a world where PlayStation is the only platform with the FULL game!

• @cookieking739 said in Console Platforms - Nintendo Switch:

Am I the only player who would like to play sea of thieves on my Nintendo switch? Probably not and considering how big the Nintendo switch community is I am sure Nintendo switch would be an ideal platform for sea of thieves.

Nintendo switch offers a huge advantage against other platforms and that advantage would be portability! as you can imagine this would make multiplayer in LAN parties possible and could improve the number of active players on sea of thieves.

The hardware on Nintendo switch will probably not be enough for the highest quality settings but I am sure the Nintendo switch will be able to run sea of thieve at acceptable settings. The control scheme of the Nintendo switch would also be compatible with sea of thieves I think.

I know it might take up to 2 years to adapt and release sea of thieves on Nintendo switch but i'm sure it would be worth!

Xbox live has already been used to connected to Nintendo switch games like Minecraft to the Xbox version which means I think Xbox cross platform with switch should be easy to implement as well!! which would be awesome.

Overall I think the Nintendo switch would be an awesome platform for sea of thieves and would also grow the community for sea of thieves. Also lets not forget that there is probably a big profit to be made as well which would also help encourage development. In the end I believe the Nintendo switch would be an ideal platform for sea of thieves with me and many others who would love to see sea of thieves on our Nintendo switchs in the future.

Lol ya right. Maybe when nintendo decides to make a real console. Instead of cheap gimmicks.

• The entire game would need to be ported over to a different architecture and that is likely to require massive rewrites.

Probably won't happen, and likely won't be on anything non-Microsoft for this reason.

Views
1 out of 17