Another crossplay discussion

• @staceyxsx said in Another crossplay discussion:

@mc-leggers said in Another crossplay discussion:

@staceyxsx No majority of people who play this game are console using gamepass. Fact.

It isn't a get good rant, you're ranting, you are able to get a mouse and keyboard you don't

If you walked into cod mw for example, your attitude would get you stomped out by even your own community. Apparently thinking out of the box and utilizing things like your environment and using common fighting knowledge against players who have this absurd advantage over you isn't something you are willing to do. I can name plenty of good controller players who aren't in here complaining and literally would tell you what you claim I am telling you, get good.

Your perception is your problem, not pc players.

Xbox players get 60fps, xbox player can have a keyboard and a mouse.

Most pc player use 60hz monitors, you are capable of the same gameplay, no excuses. If you don't like that you get aim assist on your controller, look how op that is in other games with crossplay, so literally tell me what you're not getting that is everyone else's fault but your own?

I enjoy these debates, because console is getting to the point of pc. Only high end gamers are using high end monitors, and high end gpus, because it cost a lot more. The advantage of pc is mobility, but you can have that same mobility on your console, just go spend 50 bucks. It's excuses after excuses, it's not sea of thieves fault you won't amp up the way you play.

And if you feel like you shouldn't go out and get a mouse an keyboard because of this extreme disadvantage, then again, that is your choice, you are choosing to complain about things you could change, but you're not changing them, you're in here.

Prove me wrong, I'll wait

Again if you take the time to read I didn't say the majority are PC players what I actually said is the majority of my recent players list is PC, showing that the PC side is still very active. Most of the people on this post commenting, again are PC players, showing PC is still very active. Show me any form of proof regarding the dwindling PC numbers, I'll wait.

Again I want to play my console comfortably using it the way I bought it with my controller. I shouldn't have to amp anything up, I've bought the game, pay for my live on my console but your saying I should be forced into crossplay with PC and If I don't like it I should be spending extra money to keep up? So the money spent on my console, game and live doesn't mean a thing?

Your using aim assist as a basis for your argument. There is no aim assist in this game and we aren't talking about other titles, so we will disregard this full statement it means nothing.

I complained about something that couldn't change and would you believe it, come next week it'll change. Funny that, the dev's literally supported our arguments about exploits and disadvantages and here you are like a child with your fingers in your ears.

Denial is the first stage of grief. Your losing your easy kills and you'll realise pretty soon your not as good as you think you are. Let's hope you reach acceptance soon and we can all sail happy.

Contrary to your belief system, I don't sit around wondering who is on a xbox, I could care less, a fight is a fight.

You are avoiding the fact you came in here to complain about something you can avoid. That's literally the bases of the entire thing, you could change the outcome but you come in here instead.

Of course the devs are supporting the idea, MAJORITY of the games players are on consoles, it would be a bad business move not to.

Don't try to use psychology on me, it will get you nowhere, you're wrong, you're mad about something you could fix and you don't want to improve your overall skills even with a controller, it's on you, and that's the gist of it.

Again I say, prove me wrong

• @mc-leggers said in Another crossplay discussion:

@staceyxsx said in Another crossplay discussion:

@staceyxsx No majority of people who play this game are console using gamepass. Fact.

It isn't a get good rant, you're ranting, you are able to get a mouse and keyboard you don't

If you walked into cod mw for example, your attitude would get you stomped out by even your own community. Apparently thinking out of the box and utilizing things like your environment and using common fighting knowledge against players who have this absurd advantage over you isn't something you are willing to do. I can name plenty of good controller players who aren't in here complaining and literally would tell you what you claim I am telling you, get good.

Most pc player use 60hz monitors, you are capable of the same gameplay, no excuses. If you don't like that you get aim assist on your controller, look how op that is in other games with crossplay, so literally tell me what you're not getting that is everyone else's fault but your own?

I enjoy these debates, because console is getting to the point of pc. Only high end gamers are using high end monitors, and high end gpus, because it cost a lot more. The advantage of pc is mobility, but you can have that same mobility on your console, just go spend 50 bucks. It's excuses after excuses, it's not sea of thieves fault you won't amp up the way you play.

And if you feel like you shouldn't go out and get a mouse an keyboard because of this extreme disadvantage, then again, that is your choice, you are choosing to complain about things you could change, but you're not changing them, you're in here.

Again if you take the time to read I didn't say the majority are PC players what I actually said is the majority of my recent players list is PC, showing that the PC side is still very active. Most of the people on this post commenting, again are PC players, showing PC is still very active. Show me any form of proof regarding the dwindling PC numbers, I'll wait.

Again I want to play my console comfortably using it the way I bought it with my controller. I shouldn't have to amp anything up, I've bought the game, pay for my live on my console but your saying I should be forced into crossplay with PC and If I don't like it I should be spending extra money to keep up? So the money spent on my console, game and live doesn't mean a thing?

Your using aim assist as a basis for your argument. There is no aim assist in this game and we aren't talking about other titles, so we will disregard this full statement it means nothing.

I complained about something that couldn't change and would you believe it, come next week it'll change. Funny that, the dev's literally supported our arguments about exploits and disadvantages and here you are like a child with your fingers in your ears.

Denial is the first stage of grief. Your losing your easy kills and you'll realise pretty soon your not as good as you think you are. Let's hope you reach acceptance soon and we can all sail happy.

Contrary to your belief system, I don't sit around wondering who is on a xbox, I could care less, a fight is a fight.

You are avoiding the fact you came in here to complain about something you can avoid. That's literally the bases of the entire thing, you could change the outcome but you come in here instead.

Of course the devs are supporting the idea, MAJORITY of the games players are on consoles, it would be a bad business move not to.

Don't try to use psychology on me, it will get you nowhere, you're wrong, you're mad about something you could fix and you don't want to improve your overall skills even with a controller, it's on you, and that's the gist of it.

OK so by that logic if your so against crossplay go out, buy an xbox, stay opted in. There you can change the outcome for yourself as well.

And FYI just cause you keep saying prove me wrong doesn't make you right.

• @usualbarley8154 said in Another crossplay discussion:

Ok.
    No Xbox is hitting 60fps.
    Done.

The Xbox one x runs at 4k with a consistent 30fps, I'm pretty sure it can hit 60fps at 1080p, unless the game is locked at 30fps.

OK so by that logic if your so against crossplay go out, buy an xbox, stay opted in. There you can change the outcome for yourself as well.

I say it because these reason validate nothing but someone mad because the system isn't revolving around them.

Have you said anything about what you could do to improve your gameplay? Maybe different tactics? Different utilities?

I play comp siege on pc, if we used this logic of just complain, we'd never improve anything or rank up any higher. That victim mindstate doesn't make your gameplay better.

I say it because these reason validate nothing but someone mad because the system isn't revolving around them.

Have you said anything about what you could do to improve your gameplay? Maybe different tactics? Different utilities?

I play comp siege on pc, if we used this logic of just complain, we'd never improve anything or rank up any higher. That victim mindstate doesn't make your gameplay better.

Why are we still debating you've told me how to fix my issue I've told you how to fix yours :)

OK so to improve my gameplay I'll go buy a PC that way I am at no disadvantage. Happy? You know as well as I do it's not logical to ask all xbox players to use m&k so why you are using that as a basis of your argument I'll never know.

Not once did I ever say I wasn't complaining. My post was literally me complaining. Stop making assumptions :)

@mc-leggers nope. You can't set SoT to 1080 on X1X. All Xbox players are locked at 30ish FPS.

It's an assumption as well that we are all using one x. I'm using one S, 30 fps for me.

Why are we still debating you've told me how to fix my issue I've told you how to fix yours :)

OK so to improve my gameplay I'll go buy a PC that way I am at no disadvantage. Happy? You know as well as I do it's not logical to ask all xbox players to use m&k so why you are using that as a basis of your argument I'll never know.

Not once did I ever say I wasn't complaining. My post was literally me complaining. Stop making assumptions :)

No one said go buy a pc either, although at the price points of upcoming consoles and release prices of prior, it would have been a better option to own one as you could have gotten atleast a smooth 60fps with even a lower grade gaming pc for about the same price.

I'm not sure what issues you are asking me to fix? I'm not having any, I see a problem I fix it, I don't contend to complain about something I could make changes myself and improve. If you were saying the hit detection was off, or there is sudden lag spikes, etc.. then I would agree with you, but this whole idea of crossplay ruining your entire game experience is a you issue more than a them issue.

@usualbarley8154 said in Another crossplay discussion:

@mc-leggers nope. You can't set SoT to 1080 on X1X. All Xbox players are locked at 30ish FPS.

It's an assumption as well that we are all using one x. I'm using one S, 30 fps for me.

Then I apologize for assuming, cause 30 fps must suck when moving around, it must look very pixelated, especially when your console can produce higher fps. This would be a legitimate argument to have fixed

No one said go buy a pc either, although at the price points of upcoming consoles and release prices of prior, it would have been a better option to own one as you could have gotten atleast a smooth 60fps with even a lower grade gaming pc for about the same price.

I'm not sure what issues you are asking me to fix? I'm not having any, I see a problem I fix it, I don't contend to complain about something I could make changes myself and improve. If you were saying the hit detection was off, or there is sudden lag spikes, etc.. then I would agree with you, but this whole idea of crossplay ruining your entire game experience is a you issue more than a them issue.

So you don't have an issue with crossplay opt out?

• With the rumored capabilities of the Xbox Series X, I wonder how that console will factor into crossplay?

• @usualbarley8154
    Having a 90 fps advantage and internal SSD wouldn't exclude it from the xbox pool? Seems quite advantageous. (Unless they lock it to 30fps aswell haha)

Then I apologize for assuming, cause 30 fps must suck when moving around, it must look very pixelated, especially when your console can produce higher fps. This would be a legitimate argument to have fixed

Actually it looks great at 4k30 on X, we just don't get responded to, or informed visually as fast as PC players at 60 and or above.

I disagree, i literally just used it on the one x.

It plays awfull and needs optimising.

A 1080p 60 fps option would be more than welcome for at least one x users.

• @troubled-cells said in Another crossplay discussion:

Actually it looks great at 4k30 on X, we just don't get responded to, or informed visually as fast as PC players at 60 and or above.

A 1080p 60 fps option would be more than welcome for at least one x users.

I'm surprised it hasn't come yet... I can only think it's a hardware limitation (bottlenecks at the CPU, perhaps). Otherwise I see no reason not to do it.

Then again, they'd have an advantage over standard Xbox One users, so probably for the best that can of worms isn't opened?

• @realstyli nah I say open it.

I would even suggest a 60fps option for base players at the cost of say a variable 900p resolution, a few other first party xbox one games have done this for their multiplayer as well.

I honestly think half the problem with the console version is the graphics settings applied are punching up for the hardware available at their respective resolutions.

@troubled-cells said in Another crossplay discussion:

A 1080p 60 gos option would be more than welcome format leass one x users.

No, you agree.

I said it looks great, and then went on to say that comparatively it runs poorly and is generally less responsive on Xbox as 30fps just is compared to 60 or more. Just the same as how 30fps means the info presented to Xbox players visually, per second is less.

I'd welcome a 1080/60 option but it's unlikely due to majority of Xbox players being on S or even OG XB1s.

No I disagree, it doesn't look great at 4k 30 on xbox.

What you agree with me on is performance, not weather it looks great or not.

Semantics my friend.

@troubled-cells lol, look I know you're still stung from being educated on that silly closed thread about controller only on PC but there's no call for being obtuse.

I said, it looks good but runs bad.
    You said nuh uh it runs bad.

Please grow up.

Let's not descend into the same nonsense as the previous thread. We've been lucky enough this one's not been closed yet😂😂😂

@troubled-cells lol, look I know you're still stung from being educated on that silly closed thread about controller only on PC but there's no call for being obtuse.

Hardly lol, no need to be so malicious my friend.

Referring back to the old thread before it got locked, I'm essentially holding you to the same standards you debate by, if you can play as you wish, then surely I can if it's all the same as you claimed right? Oh wait I cant, which means I'm correct.

Like i said previously with regards to this thread, semantics, I apologise if I wanst clear at first.

I said, it looks good but runs bad.
    You said nuh uh it runs bad.

And I literally just said it looks bad as well, so we disagree dont we, unless you're insistence on agreeing has suddenly changed your opinion on the game looking good?, which of course i doubt lol

Please grow up.

Head your own advice my friend.

No you're not correct.
    Because as explained to you the choices we are offered are the same.

Except the choices offered on PC and xbox aren't the same are they.

So I am correct.

You cited that you pay for live gold so you think that means you should be able to have what I have on my Xbox on your PC.

I cited that I pay for ultimate, which happens to include gold, if thts what you mean then correct, the rest is just your assumption on my thoughts, but im certainly not after what you have on console to be on PC, you are confused, what I'm after is for cross play to be maintained across the board whilst implementing input based matchmaking, and no opt out preference by platform, theres a big difference.

Only Live Gold has nothing to do with PC, so you do have the same thing that I pay for on your Xbox, but what you want is to have it on your PC instead and Gold don't help ya with that duder.

Since when did I say I want gold on PC ? I only bought gold up because you seemed to think it was a concrete arguement for having opt out remember? and i told you my opinions on that to which all you had was a difference of opinion and a disagreement at best.

Shocking how i am still having to explain this to you brother.

• As this thread has devolved into arguments and stirring unrest, it will now be locked. Everyone is reminded to be respectful of other players, regardless whether you agree with their position.

Views
648 out of 649