Patch Notes Discussion - 1.4.1

• Patch Notes - 1.4.1

Ahoy pirates!

With our final patch of the year, we're adding in a little festive treat in the form of Gilded Gifts for all, handed down by the Pirate Lord himself!

Make sure you pop by any Tavern to collect one of these special Gilded Voyages from Duke. While you're there, why not enjoy a grog by the fire and enjoy the festive decorations?

Gilded Gifts

'Tis the season to be jolly! As we approach the end of an incredible year for Sea of Thieves, the Pirate Lord has decided to reward the sheer volume of piracy displayed with a gift for every pirate who sails the seas during December, in an initiative he's calling Gilded Gifts.

Wondering what he has in store for you? Visit Duke at any Outpost tavern this month and purchase a Gilded Voyage for the fine sum of 0 Doubloons. This special voyage type with its high-value rewards will add some real holiday joy to your inventory. But choose carefully: you can only buy one!

[Image of Cosmetics]

Festive Taverns

The pirates at the Outposts have also gotten into the celebratory spirit and have put out a sprinkling of festive decorations. A perfect backdrop for those end-of-year crew photos.

Updates

• Loading Times - Loading times into the game have been reduced, so pirates now load in to the front end more quickly than before. The pirate selection carousel also loads in more quickly.
    • Commendation Progress - Improved UI layout of Commendation details for Bilge Rat Adventures.
    • Bone Crusher Cannons - Modified the Bone Crusher Cannons following feedback to improve visibility when aiming.
    • Banana Key Binding - The key binding for quick cycling to your bananas has been reset. If you've assigned or customised the button/key that quick cycles to bananas, please reassign this to restore it.
    • Commendation Audio - New music and SFX when receiving Commendations.
    • Fog Audio - Music and SFX for fog are now triggered earlier.

Performance Improvements

• Multiple server and client crashes have been resolved.
      We are constantly reviewing the performance and stability of each patch and providing performance optimisations and stability improvements.

Fixed Issues

Gameplay

• Dropping a Gunpowder Barrel on a Rowboat attached to the rear of a Sloop will no longer cause it to explode.
    • The 'Take All' function now correctly takes Tattered Parchments found in Barrels.
    • Players who migrate and subsequently die whilst a voyage is active will no longer lose progress for voyage Commendations.
    • The Legendary Lantern now emits a correctly coloured glow.
    • Lanterns will no longer refresh the Flame of Fate colour when stowing and unstowing.
    • Resolved an issue that prevented Skeleton Forts from despawning when players were engaging with a Skeleton Ship.
    • Treasure dropped on the headboard of the Galleon will no longer become stuck in the ship structure and become irretrievable.
    • Floating Mermaid Gems will now sink slowly before disappearing rather than disappearing on the surface.
    • Mouse button prompts now correctly display the correct buttons to press.
    • Resolved nameplate error where lines could be seen above nameplates.
    • Resolved erroneous SFX on capstan.
    • The intro animation is no longer silent when switching to another full-screen app on Xbox One. The sequence is now skipped when the title loses full-screen visibility.
    • "Waiting to set sail" now correctly displays in the lobby when joining a crew.
    • Fog is now included in reflections.
    • Hunter of Cursed Captains achievement description corrected to require 1000 Skulls to be handed in.

Environment

• Fixed a visible gap in the archway of the underground cave at Sailor's Bounty.
    • Players no longer get stuck between rocks on the east part of Kraken's Fall.
    • Resolved area of mismatched collision on the ground outside the weapon shop at Ancient Spire Outpost.
    • Player no longer fall through the ground on the west side of Smuggler's Bay.

Beard Errors

• Resolved a chance for players to receive a Lazybeard error when being invited by a player who is in the game.
    • Resolved a chance for players to receive Pythonbeard error when getting drunk and wielding items.

Known Issues

• If you are standing on a Rowboat during a migration you will be teleported to the middle of the world.
    • At Kraken Watchtower it can be difficult to grab loot from the shelves inside the vault.
    • If you are on the Ferry of the Damned when the Kraken is defeated you will not receive the Commendation progress.
      We are investigating fixes for the issues above.

Download size:

Xbox One: 1.07GB
    Xbox One X: 1.07GB
    Windows 10: 2.13GB

Xbox Installation Instructions can be found here.

PC Installation Instructions can be found here.

Looking For Crew?

[Group up for Gilded Gifts.]

Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Views
  • @muse986
    Thankyou so much!!!
    Time to get into the festive mood :)

• @muse986 Woot...Thanks....

• @muse986 CHRISTMAS GIFTS!!!!!!!

Interesting that the rewards come from voyages and that we can only choose one... what happens if the crew all choose different ones? Can we all receive the rewards?

• @muse986 is this going to harm the last update? and we have new stuff YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @closinghare208 Ahoy matey!

This update goes alongside all the stuff that is currently in the game from the last update.

This won't affect any Shrouded Spoils content and the time-limited cosmetics will still be available after the maintenance is over!

• @musicmee ok thanks

• @Muse986
    'Tis the season to be jolly and THANKFUL!

Thanks Emma! :)
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l0MYw0DsFJc0kU0Jq/giphy.gif

~ Captain Jay
    The Crow's Nest

• @armament-jay aye captain jay

• @closinghare208 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.4.1:

@muse986 is this going to harm the last update?

Given the size of the update and the list of changes I doubt it very much.

• @sshteeve ok

• @armament-jay Please dont give @Muse986 ideas, she would absolutely sooooo wear that....

• @rarecsm maybe?

• Pfew , that's a whole lot of fixed issues , hoohoohooow , the game will run even smoother ...Yippie...

• I wasn't expecting this! Another great list of improvements and features!

• @muse986 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.4.1:

Gilded Gifts

'Tis the season to be jolly! As we approach the end of an incredible year for Sea of Thieves, the Pirate Lord has decided to reward the sheer volume of piracy displayed with a gift for every pirate who sails the seas during December, in an initiative he's calling Gilded Gifts.

Wondering what he has in store for you? Visit Duke at any Outpost tavern this month and purchase a Gilded Voyage for the fine sum of 0 Doubloons. This special voyage type with its high-value rewards will add some real holiday joy to your inventory. But choose carefully: you can only buy one!

Awesome. Interested to see what the rewards are. Wonder if Athena can yield more than 1 chest of legends.

Festive Taverns

The pirates at the Outposts have also gotten into the celebratory spirit and have put out a sprinkling of festive decorations. A perfect backdrop for those end-of-year crew photos.

The screenshots of the tavern look amazing! Great job on the decorations.

• Commendation Progress - Improved UI layout of Commendation details for Bilge Rat Adventures.

What was wrong with it? I really liked it the way it was. Hope it didn't change much.

• Banana Key Binding - The key binding for quick cycling to your bananas has been reset. If you've assigned or customised the button/key that quick cycles to bananas, please reassign this to restore it.

Please tell me you didn't take it off of the 3 key for PC... I'm going to be quite upset if that's the case. It's so easy having weapon 1 & 2 next to your healing source.

• Dropping a Gunpowder Barrel on a Rowboat attached to the rear of a Sloop will no longer cause it to explode.

What about putting it in the rowboat and then attaching to the ship?

• Lanterns will no longer refresh the Flame of Fate colour when stowing and unstowing.

This annoyed me an unhealthy amount for some reason lol.

• Treasure dropped on the headboard of the Galleon will no longer become stuck in the ship structure and become irretrievable.

Oh wow, this has been in the game for so long. Nice to see it fixed.

Known Issues

You forgot about dropped items dropping farther away from the player. Pretty sure Joe and Mike both saw it in last weeks stream.

• Nice, gifts!
    Remember to share your voyage with your friends so you'll have 4x the payout! :-)

• Nice little list of fixes and they at least listened about the bone crusher cannon skins !!

https://media0.giphy.com/media/8cmrqVDImVvlLliV8J/giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c0239a5494f434f6b9334c8

• @sshteeve said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.4.1:

@muse986 CHRISTMAS GIFTS!!!!!!!

Interesting that the rewards come from voyages and that we can only choose one... what happens if the crew all choose different ones? Can we all receive the rewards?

Aye, that is the beauty of playing in a crew :)

• @murkrage aye yes it is what are you going to do for this patch?

• @closinghare208 Most likely athena's. I am a Pirate Legend, so I have no need for reputation for the others.

Now that we've gotten commendations for Pirate Legend, I finally have motivation to do Athena's. So yeah.

• Now that I am thinking about it: Any word on tweaks on the Megalodon, Kraken or the Devil's Roar?

• Thanks for this amazing adventure this year ! i've been pirate legend since yesterday and wow, what an year. Thanks for keeping us posted and we go for the Gilded Voyage!

• Remember, you can only choose one gilded gift. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND CHOOSING ATHENA'S.
    alt text

• Merry Christmas me hearties!
    Thanks for the festive Update Rare!

• Nice update.
    Can't wait to read the posts about people having their xmas pressies stolen by pirates!

I'm setting sail to attack everyone to see what Duke got them!

• @needsmokes said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.4.1:

Nice update.
    Can't wait to read the posts about people having their xmas pressies stolen by pirates!

I'm setting sail to attack everyone to see what Duke got them!

Right enough... I might wait a few days for it to cool down a bit.
    Certainly will be a lot of Pirates on the Seas with that idea in mind :)

• @mr-dragon-raaar

Might be one for Christmas Day, while people are tucking into their turkey, jump on while the Sea is quiet :)
    Yeah... I wondered that too, re. staying in the inventory.

• @muse986 I've discovered that there is a new title for Athenas Fortune. Before the patch there where 22 titles (makes sense: pirate legend + the title for reaching level 10 + 20 titles one for each commendation). Does anybody know what this new title is?

• I’m very curious what the rewards are before selecting. My big hope is that each has a unique cosmetic item or title but I know that is a long shot. Anyone done theirs yet?

• @ant-heuser-kush If you are legend you on the tab with your level you can see your commendations and titles counted like it is with the other trading companies.

• @mr-dragon-raaar Yeah, i thought the same. But now I've got 1/23 titles. Before the patch it was 1/22.
    And yes, the bilge rat titles are correct now c:

• @murkrage ok

• @muse986 So I started the Gilded Gold Hoarders Voyage wasnt able to complete any part of the voyage and exited out of the game. Does that mean I've missed out on my opportunity to do this event?

Views
4 out of 74