Cursed Sails World Time-Gating

• I'd like to start off by saying that I love what I have been able to play of the cursed sails update. I finished the campaign and was able to fight a skeleton crew (partially).

My only real criticism is the time gating for actually fighting the skeleton ships. What I mean by that is that you can only fight each crew during a specific time of day. This may not sound like an issue, but essentially it locks people who may not be able to play until later in the afternoon or evening.

I love this game, but I work a full time job that keeps me away from home until 6:30pm.
    This means that when I get home, I will only really be able to fight the skeleton crew in the wilds, as the ships in the shores-o-plenty or the ancient isles will no longer be spawning.

My proposed fix for this would be to simply have the ships spawn in their respective locations (west of Shark Bait Cove, east of Smuggler's Bay, etc.) to allow people who may not be able to play earlier in the day to fight the skeleton crews and earn the rewards.

Thank you for reading.

Views
  • My wife and I play together most evenings and just encountered the same problem. Between work and kids we only have an hour or 2 or 3 in the evening to play.

Last night we beat the shores of plenty battle but because we play around the same time every day, we can’t do any other battles. Pretty bummed about this at the moment.

We tried loading into over 6 different games and each server had the same game date time. So apparently all the servers have the same date time.

Rare, please just make each server have a different date time.

• @glorious-stove just server hop till you're in the game time you need.

• @amza1113 said in Cursed Sails World Time-Gating:

@glorious-stove just server hop till you're in the game time you need.

I think all servers are on the same time. I log in and the skeleton ships are always Northwest of smugglers Bay...

• @treefittymonsta I honestly just was playing and noticed that. I got back on here to change my answer. Lol Kinda dumb if you ask me

• Even when I manage to get an alliance together & sail to the correct location 1 of 2 things happen. We missed the time window just barely, or I WILL get my game frozen & be unable to reload of others in the game successfully. Eventually the entire alliance is back at the main menu & we cant even get back into the fight. Back at square 1 for the 13th time. 2 days in still cant finish fetchquest or get a sngle skelly sunk & walk away with any loot.

• @i-love-crystian said in Cursed Sails World Time-Gating:

My wife and I play together most evenings and just encountered the same problem. Between work and kids we only have an hour or 2 or 3 in the evening to play.

Last night we beat the shores of plenty battle but because we play around the same time every day, we can’t do any other battles. Pretty bummed about this at the moment.

We tried loading into over 6 different games and each server had the same game date time. So apparently all the servers have the same date time.

Rare, please just make each server have a different date time.

All servers are synced with both time and weather, so they are able to migrate players seamlessly from server to server to help keep player encounters frequent enough, so they won’t change the date/time across servers, but they could at least randomize the date range for each crew spawn

• Ahoy there -

Rare are conscious that this is a concern amongst the Community and we've now created a megathread to collect this feedback all in one place, I'll close this one down now and let the discussions continue here -

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/69254/feedback-thread-around-real-world-timings-of-cursed-sails-battles-megathread

Views
7 out of 8