Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3

• Patch Notes - 1.1.3

Calling all well-travelled Pirates! The Skeleton Thrones Bilge Rat Adventure is in its final week, so get your hands (or hook) on the Bone Crusher jacket, dress and hat before they are removed! The Bilge Rats have gone out to some of the remotest locations within the Sea of Thieves and are now encouraging would-be challengers to find these Thrones out there in far-flung parts of the world.

As mentioned last week, other Megalodons have now emerged to join the ranks of the Kraken and sharks to present a new permanent threat in the seas. Patch 1.1.3 also brings with it key performance improvements and fixes for known issues.

Updates

• Megalodon - Since the retreat of The Hungering One back into the deep, there have been reported sightings of other Megalodons terrorising the Sea of Thieves. It’s been discovered that these new Megalodons have different personalities - some seem to turn tail at the sight of a Galleon, whilst others are said to be just as unforgiving as The Hungering One!
    • Gold bag icons - The icons for the Bilge Rat gold bags have been updated to better show the value of the gold within!

Performance Improvements

• Reduced frequency of client hangs on Skeleton Forts.
    • Significantly improved stability when loading new areas.
    • Multiple server and client crash fixes.
      Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.

Fixed Issues

• Resolved an 'X Marks the Spot' location on Kraken's Fall where the chest was impossible to dig up.
    • Grand Admiral Hull livery on the Sloop now correctly matches the Galleon.
    • Resolved an issue causing the PC client to hang upon closing.

Known Issues

• Galleons currently have an increased turning speed.
    • Some players travel in an unintended direction when fired from a cannon.
    • Being poisoned by a snake can show the VFX a second time.
    • Bilge Rat Doubloons have not been correctly rewarded to a number of players who earned them through the Skeleton Thrones event.
      We are investigating a resolution for this and will share information when available.
    • The Hungering Deep rewards were not received by a number of players who earned them.
      We are currently rolling out a fix to this issue which will award missing rewards from The Hungering Deep. This will take some time, so keep an eye on the weekly patch notes to see when this rollout is complete.

Download size:

Xbox One: 2.59GB
    Xbox One X: 2.59GB
    Windows 10: 2.33GB

Xbox Installation Instructions can be found here.

PC Installation Instructions can be found here.

Looking For Crew?

Looking for new crewmates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to these official Sea of Thieves hangouts:

Views
  • Nice time to hop aboard!!! Love the weekly updates, keep up the good work.

• @opticalmatrix said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

Reduced frequency of client hangs on Skeleton Forts.

This is a fix I needed, thanks :)

• Was wondering when these patch notes would come out :D

Cheers for the work guys. Gonna be fun

• "some seem to turn tail at the sight of a Galleon, whilst others are said to be just as unforgiving as The Hungering One! "

I'm not sure to understand this one

• "Being poisoned by a snake can show the VFX a second time."

i hope this one is getting Fix soon, really ennoying D:

thanks for the Megalodon :D

• others are said to be just as unforgiving as The Hungering One!

Going to freak out everytime I'll sail alone! 😱

• I understand that todays maintenance is still ongoing but do we have an estimate on when the game will be up again?

• Still no mention of Xbox text speak 😢

Anyway, Seems like a substantial patch sized when compared to most weeks. Wonder if there’s anything hidden within.

• @nylewalsh said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

"some seem to turn tail at the sight of a Galleon, whilst others are said to be just as unforgiving as The Hungering One! "

I'm not sure to understand this one

There's different kinds of Megalodon. Some aren't as powerful as The Hungering One, so they'll turn away at the sight of a Galleon while still attacking a sloop. Others are as powerful and you can expect the same fight as during 'The Hungering Deep'.

• @xbigbadpadx said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

I understand that todays maintenance is still ongoing but do we have an estimate on when the game will be up again?

Yes, it's always 2PM GMT (or BT as they call it, well now it's BST because of summer time). Regular maintenance windows are almost always 10AM - 2PM.

Expect the servers to be live in about 30 minutes.

• Is that it?

• @cptnmermalade said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

Is that it?

What do you mean? Were you expecting a new content update?

• @murkrage Thanks. Not normally around during maintenance.

• Wooooooo

• @murkrage

It's a 3gb patch. Of course, people have expectations.

• The most disappointing patch I’ve ever seen. Nothing new.. really???

• I'm pleased to see the snake vfx bug finally showing as a known issue. Although I would like to see the character controller gangster lean, the anchor sfx bug and sail sfx bugs also being shown as known issues as they have been around much longer and it would be nice to know they are at least being addressed.

• @nylewalsh some will run away from Galleons while others will attack all.

• What about hit markers showing when no damage is done, or hit markers not showing when you actually damage somone (The client thinks you've hit something, but the server dont and vice-versa.) Also skeletons and snakes can shoot through hulls, masts, crow's nest and stones, the community have mentioned this a thousand times - but they're not Known Issues? Hmm.

Anyhow, i'm pretty excited about the Megalodons :-D

Keep up the good work Rare!

• Some nice bug fixes there! Should help the folk struggling with crashes at skull forts out a lot.

@opticalmatrix Nice to see you around and posting again!

• @gloombeard said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

@murkrage

It's a 3gb patch. Of course, people have expectations.

Because of an arbitrary number? It could have been anything but people go excited because it's a bigger size?

Think of a patch like a package. Sometimes you order something and the box is the exact right fit for what it contains. Other times the box is larger than the stuff it brings you, but there's a bunch of things in the box that help carry things over.

This time the box was a little bigger to help carry things over (I'm assuming the performance fixes. They usually require a re-write of a lot of files and thus means you need to overwrite a good chunk of the game).

• No new events? If I'm right, it's called "weekly events" not 2 week events...I guess something went wrong in translation? Kappa

• @deadssnake said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

No new events? If I'm right, it's called "weekly events" not 2 week events...I guess something went wrong in translation? Kappa

Skeleton Thrones is going to continue until next week. This has long been announced. Kappa

Presumably because there's changed to be made to the weekly event system (i.e. working together with other crews needs a supporting system).

• @deadssnake It sounds like some events will last longer than others... and then the problem goes then is do you call them bi-weekly events... but does that translate badly into 2 events a week?

It's difficult as some players need longer to complete these quests and they are just trying to work out the perfect balance for them and the players.

• Hello Megan my old friend. I've come to fight with you again.

• Was really hoping for the snake venom fix and the cannon firing issue. These are basic mechanics that should be resolved. But keep coming up each time there is a patch.

• Looking forward to the second poison effect to be removed! It gets me every time. Would like to see a reward of some kind upon killing one of the new Meg's. Keep up the good work tho!

• @hudson-rl
    Yes! Good point. There's never the right response option on the speech wheel! We need this! And a companion app 😉

• Ooo so my guy jack McGrath gets to hunt more giant sharks. Gonne be some fun times!

• @deadssnake said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

No new events? If I'm right, it's called "weekly events" not 2 week events...I guess something went wrong in translation? Kappa

I, too, thought weekly events meant a new event every week. Oh well.....

• @sammo32 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

Looking forward to the second poison effect to be removed! It gets me every time.

Glad I'm not the only one then..... Like if your char Cries everytime, literally...

@iceman-0007 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

and the cannon firing issue.

And I thought it was just when I was on a Galleon with my own crew...

• 2.6gb to give back a cut content and a few fixes wow! Optimisation....never heard about!

Hope even woodheaded fans will see after next "big" release next month where it goes

• I wish they added more thrones to find and called it part 2 of the event. Then it would be somewhat of a 'new' weekly event.

• @treefittymonsta said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.1.3:

I wish they added more thrones to find and called it part 2 of the event. Then it would be somewhat of a 'new' weekly event.

Too lot of work for Rare, imagine, they have TO MOVE all thrones, for them it will take a month or two and 5-6 patches after...
    It's unbearably difficult job

"And we gonna make weekly events once every 3 month!"

Views
17 out of 172