Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7

• Patch Notes - 1.0.7

Ahoy pirates!

This week's patch introduces the first version of a much requested feature, "Open and Closed Crews"! This feature provides players with greater control over how they assemble their crew with reserved slots that friends can join in whenever they’re ready. We hope this mitigates one of the key reasons for people misusing the brig and will be monitoring this closely! We'd love to hear your feedback in the "Open and Closed Crews" Mega Thread.

Download size:

Xbox One: 400MB
    Xbox One X: 400MB
    Windows 10: 800MB

Xbox Installation Instructions can be found here.

PC Installation Instructions can be found here.

Features

alt text

• This Seat is Taken - Players now have two crew type options available to them, Open and Closed Crews.
      Open Crews: This option works in the same way you’re used to. For the Galleon, an open crew will match four players together while also replacing players who leave during a game. For the Sloop, two players will be matched together, with a leaving player being replaced when possible.
      Closed Crews: This option allows a single player to begin a game on either a Galleon or a Sloop, allowing friends to join in when they’re available. You can now play with any configuration of players up to the limit on each ship, which is 4 players on the Galleon and 2 players on the Sloop, as well as preventing non-friends from being able to join you. This option replaces the 3 player Galleon and Solo Sloop options in the Main Menu.
      Coming Soon: Additional functionality coming soon for Open and Closed Crews includes the ability to dynamically switch between Open and Closed while in the game, in addition to being able to make a session fully private by preventing friends joining.

Updates

• Here, take this! - Imagine the scene, skeletons surround your crew, your crew-mate has been bitten by a snake, they have no bananas and there are no resource barrels in sight! Now you can help them CRONCH their way to full health by handing them a banana! This also works with wooden planks and cannon balls. You helpful pirate you!
      Unfortunately this feature is causing an issue and needs to be temporarily removed from Patch 1.0.7 while we investigate further.
    • Who Goes There? - When swimming underwater, gamertag and Player Titles are no longer visible. Now you can #BeMoresneakyPirate!
    • Now in Stock! - Imperial Sovereign Blunderbuss, Pistol, Sails, Hull and Liveries are now available to purchase in the Ancient Isles. They were incorrectly listed as available in Patch 1.0.6.
    • Flintlock Pistol - New sound effects for close fire and reloading the Flintlock Pistol.
    • Icons - Within the clothing chest, the icons to unequip all or select a random outfit have been updated.
    • Health Bar UI - Deciding whether to eat that banana or keep swiping your sword? You'll notice some changes to the health bar UI, fancy!

Progression & Economy Updates

• Price Changes - Greedy pirates had overpriced the Castaway Bilge Rat weapons and ship liveries. These have now been reduced. Anyone who purchased items within this set pre-price adjustment will have the difference reimbursed very soon.
    • Strike Gold - As Pirates rank up with all the trading companies, the chances of finding more valuable rewards has been increased. Say good-bye to those Castaway Chests at higher ranks!

Fixed Issues

• Players should no longer experience details of their pirate (such as hair colour / scars) looking different from their initial selection.
    • Players should no longer experience delayed achievements and commendations from in-game actions.
      During last week's maintenance window we made improvements to our servers and services which should have resolved both of the above issues. If you are still encountering the above two issues, please log a Support Ticket so we can investigate this further.
    • Resolved issue that sometimes showed riddle landmarks as glowing rocks.
    • Resolved an issue on Old Faithful Isle which could have prevented players from completing riddle voyages.
    • Bounty Captains and Crew will no longer have their names mixed up.
    • Gunpowder Barrels will no longer cause two explosions if detonated when being held by a player.
    • Loaded cannons will no longer intermittently appear unloaded when returning to the ship.
    • Starting Merchant voyages back to back will no longer prevent the reminder to collect crates from appearing.
    • When playing on wide monitors the settings menu UI will no longer have clipping issues.
    • Being on an Order of Souls voyage no longer causes fewer ambient skeletons to spawn.
    • Cannonball, wooden plank and banana crates no longer always spawn empty.
    • Restarting the game will no longer reset the frame rate lock option.
    • Fixed a collision issue on Thieves' Haven.
    • Equipping the Seadog Hull on a sloop will now match the preview image.
    • Muting all other crews will no longer mute your own crew.
    • The floor texture of the crows nest on the galleon now appears correctly.
    • Resolved a shader issue caused the balcony outside the Captain's Cabin on the galleon to appear incorrectly.
    • There is no longer a gap between a characters head and the Imperial Sovereign Hat when it is equipped.
    • Restored missing 90 fps frame rate lock option.

Performance Improvements

• Frame rates will now be more consistent during ship battles, sword fights and Kraken encounters due to visual effect optimisations.
    • Latency has been improved in multiple-ship and skeleton heavy scenarios due to server optimisations.
    • Frame rates can now be locked to 100 FPS.
    • [PC Only] Fixed GPU driver hangs/crashes on certain graphics devices.
    • [PC Only] Resolved bug which triggered Copperbeard error when alt-tabbing.
    • Multiple server crash fixes.
      Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.

Known Issues

• Some players cannot see their downloadable content in game.
      Once you redeem your code, here is a Support Article that shows you where to find your items in game. If you still cannot find your items in game, please raise a support ticket to log this issue.

Looking For Crew?

alt text

Looking for new crew mates? We've got a bunch of places you can visit to seek out like-minded pirates, so sail on over to the official Sea of Thieves:

Views
  • Xbox text speak or we riot! Or I do nothing and feel disappointed until it’s added in. ❤️

I notice that there is no mention of silent instruments or when we lose our clothes after a trip to the ferry of the damned. They are not listed as fixed and are not shown as known issues? What’s going on here?

• "Strike Gold - As Pirates rank up with the Gold Hoarders and Order of Souls trading companies, the chances of finding more valuable rewards has been increased. Say good-bye to those Castaway Chests at higher ranks!"

Thank you, thank you, thank you.... I may make Order of Souls Master soon!

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/hallelujah-gif-15.gif

• @khaleesibot Keep it up peoples of Rare, that is an awesome change in many areas, happy, happy, as always you are listening, and improving ! TY

• Thank you kindly for the fixes =)

• @khaleesibot CLOSED PARTIES WOOOOOOO!!! Great work you guys keep it up! Not long for The Hungering Deep now too!

• [PC Only] Resolved bug which triggered Copperbeard error when alt-tabbing I just tried it, i'm still getting it >.> :(

• We won't get locked in the brig for no reason except saving a space !!!
    😢😢 I'm sorry those are tears of joy 😢😢😢

• @mad-jack-ketch said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

[PC Only] Resolved bug which triggered Copperbeard error when alt-tabbing I just tried it, i'm still getting it >.> :(

Darn it. Well please absolutely submit a support ticket so we can continue to look at this issue!

• Any news on Order of Souls missions on Plunder Valley and Smuggler's Bay? Both reported having buggy behavior before this patch

• @vorticalmoney7 said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

We won't get locked in the brig for no reason except saving a space !!!
    😢😢 I'm sorry those are tears of joy 😢😢😢

alt text

• No news on not being able to hear other players instruments sometimes or the music in the ghost tavern. I miss hearing the banjo... I want a banjo... :(

• @personalc0ffee Well I can now stop dumping boxes of scurvy overboard when someone puts them on my ship.

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/seaofthieves_gamepedia/thumb/7/7f/Shipwrecked_castaways_chest.png/250px-Shipwrecked_castaways_chest.png?version=453557b0bb334189d8d24bee7aac7449

Get off my ship you s**m! ANGRY PIRATE FACE

• Release date THD?

• Thanks for the info and the update.
    Much appreciated @khaleesibot

Really looking forward to Closed Crew sessions, meaning we can start before all players are ready.

• Still hopeful for a larger ship, as we could easily fill a 6 person ship most nights, due to the recruiting of #DADSPirates

Hoping the clothes glitch issue is now resolved also...

• Great update Rare! Two of my largest bugbears felled.

• Everything here pleases me, except that you guys wussed out coz people complained about large sloop crews... Though, I understand, if you did that then less people would use galleons, despite there being no real advantage to a full sloop that can't easily be countered

• Everything good so far, can't wait to get my hands on the build and push it to the limit. Though no word on the ship respawn distances after being sunk being inconsistent in their behaviour, I guess I'll have to wait until next patch.

• Need to brush up on those solo galleon skills now...

• Being on an Order of Souls voyage no longer causes fewer ambient skeletons to spawn.

Who complained that we needed more skellies??

• @khaleesibot Will do! :)

• @personalc0ffee RELASE DATE THD?

Who complained that we needed more skellies??

@luciansanchez82 Oh, sorry, I put in a ticket about that a month ago when I was drunk... whoops... my bad there everyone. Sometimes it doesn't pay for a developer to listen to the community.

• @khaleesibot thnx fir adding private crews T_T THANKS but we have the another known issue.. no music sometimes

• @the-green-elbow said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.7:

@luciansanchez82 Oh, sorry, I put in a ticket about that a month ago when I was drunk... whoops... my bad there everyone. Sometimes it doesn't pay for a developer to listen to the community.

I knew grog would play a part in this!

• Now i can drive as a SOLO Player the Galeone

• @khaleesibot

An absolute cargo hold full o' fixes this week and this tidbit -

You can now play with any configuration of players up to the limit on each ship, which is 4 players on the Galleon and 2 players on the Sloop, as well as preventing non-friends from being able to join you.

Patch notes are the best!

• nice work ,but what about the no clothes glitch?

• @mad-jack-ketch never had this error when alt tabbing?

• I'm tired of waiting for new content, keep it up and soon no one will play

• @hudson-rl Or they could not waste valuable dev time and you could just buy a damn headset.

• @thewolfman321 I had it in Alpha, reinstalled the Alpha and it was fine, Had it in the Beta, reinstalled never worked, OS reinstalled and worked. Stress Tests and final beta never worked either.

• @juantrabubu You can only speak for yourself, nobody else, so sail along and mind your business!

• @personalc0ffee It says May and it is May and there is still no extra content.

Views
32 out of 456