Cosmetics/Weapons

• @moogbeard said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

Give us the Victorious Sea Dog set to match the blunderbuss!

That looks sick! I'd love a reason to put on more of the ol' Sea Dog models!

Though, they would probably replace the lapel emblem on the jacket with the beautiful Arena symbol on the blunderbuss. And change the white to red. Of course, the emblem would be a bit difficult to photoshop on lol.

• @voshell said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@galactic-geek said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@capt-soul-beard said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

What if that was just a remodeled, and oversized, flintlock? 😅🤔

Make the dmg between a flintlock and EoR.

This is an oversimplification - what will its accuracy, range, reload speed, and aim time be?

All the same as the EoR (damage, hipfire, reload, etc...) but with no zoom/scope and possibly reduce the range to match the flintlocks if it ends up being OP to balance it out.

If you do that, there would be no reason to use it over the EoR and it would trump the pistol in almost every respect, making the flintlock pointless to use unless you want to hipfire.

Sorry, but terrible idea!

• @capt-soul-beard said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

This is an oversimplification - what will its accuracy, range, reload speed, and aim time be?

Accuracy- EoR
    Range- EoR
    Reload Speed- Between Flintlock and EoR
    Aim Time- BBuss

So, damage, accuracy, and range of the EoR, but with no scope, and a faster reload speed and aim time? No, too OP - and you still haven't accounted for hipfire accuracy.

• @galactic-geek said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@voshell said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

What if that was just a remodeled, and oversized, flintlock? 😅🤔

Make the dmg between a flintlock and EoR.

All the same as the EoR (damage, hipfire, reload, etc...) but with no zoom/scope and possibly reduce the range to match the flintlocks if it ends up being OP to balance it out.

If you do that, there would be no reason to use it over the EoR and it would trump the pistol in almost every respect, making the flintlock pointless to use unless you want to hipfire.

Sorry, but terrible idea!

Thanks man lol! I use the flintlock and hip-firing is amazing in a pinch, plus hip-fire has perfect accuracy at medium range if you have already fired a shot with the sights and know where the bullet is going. Having the slower handling and having the horrible hip-fire of the EoR would be a liability in the close combat and it still wouldn't out perform the EoR at range. The flintlock would still have plenty of attributes for it to shine (E.g. faster reload) It would just lose at medium to long range damage wise; or if the damage is still too crazy give it equal damage to match a lunge (60% health) Honestly I would use it over the EoR regardless as I prefer iron sights. I loved the iron sight Ballista in CoD: Black Ops 2!

• @voshell I believe if you look at the Pirate Emporium images, you can see them sporting some unreleased cosmetics, in addition to what's being advertised. 😉

• @galactic-geek No dmg would be between as well

• Hi all,

As you may have noticed, since the start of Season One we have been gradually releasing more of the backlog stock into the outposts, and will be continuing to do so.
    Sea of Thieves is a complex project, and there's still a lot of improvements we can make to our item management and release systems, but I've been working with the teams to get more backlog stock set up and out into the game.
    One thing I do want to clear up though is that just because an item is worn by an NPC does not necessarily mean it will easily translate to something that can be worn by a pirate as they function differently.
    I won't comment on anything that is not currently supported in-game such as alternative weapons or instruments as this is outside of my area.
    As someone on the team who has been deep diving into all the folders and looking for unreleased cosmetics to collect and get out there for you all, I've found this thread very helpful, so thank you!

Cheers,
    Louise

• @pr8roberts thank you soooo much! I’m very happy to see that we’ve been getting (almost) full sets every month this year. I hope that also means the two bone crusher sets we have now will get finished as well!

Fearless Bone Crusher is missing: Cannons, Capstan, Wheel and Figurehead. Bone Crusher is missing it’s Pants.

• @voshell Lunge does 50%!

• [mod edit]

This is from a reddit thread 2 years ago, don't know if this databank has been kept up to date though.
    Some of the newly released stuff like Silent Barnacle has been there all the time apparently while some other sick looking items (look at the boots especially) are still yet to come.

• @trial0n ah, so there’s a Green Barnacle set as well. Interesting.

• @pr8roberts Have you seen this clip? I downloaded it as soon as I saw it so I wouldn't lose track of it. Basically, someone's account bugged out and he had a lot of unreleased/scrapped(?)/removed(?) cosmetics, and after seeing a lot of them, I'm jealous! I want that Mysterious Stranger Hat and the "Tavern Crawl Tankard", which says it was part of the Season One Grog Festival which... never happened? Also, Graymarrow's Curse... i feel like I've seen that somewhere... ahem.

Any idea what the deal is with all this stuff?

• @klutchxking518 I can’t access that link. It takes me to the site and then keeps rapidly refreshing.

• @ninja-naranja hang on, i'll try doing google drive instead of onedrive

• @klutchxking518

The famous Graymarrow's curse just cleans up your face?

The description implies it is what we would consider as "Ghost curse" as the description says
    -Graymarrow's curse might be fading, but it still afflicts a pirate with a ghostly look,

• @ninja-naranja

you can Download it from the onedrive and watch it that way.

• @limend can’t even get the page open correctly. But it’s alright. I think I know what video Klutch is talking about. Just wanted to watch it frame by frame this time. I love me some unreleased cosmetics!

• @limend Also, the "Skeleton Set" seems kind of familiar 😂

• @klutchxking518

Wait in what category? I think I missed it.

EDIT: Oh I just assumed it was Bone crusher Hurdy 0o0

• @limend "Skeleton Lantern, Skeleton Hurdy-Gurdy", etc. It's all the bone crusher set, but without the red of the original, and not green like the fearless. It's a plain, generic bone crusher set with no color, just bone white

• @klutchxking518 said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@voshell Lunge does 50%!

Sword lunges have done 60% damage since the damage per slash was raised to 25%.

• Good find @Trial0n!

• @grumpyw01f i dont recall this being the case... could you show me?

• @klutchxking518 One min...

• @klutchxking518
    Here it is on Insider. I'll look for main game patch notes.

EDIT: Here it is in retail patch notes. Search for "Cutlass Damage Balancing" in page.

• Hope for a ocean crawler curse or ghost curse in the new update. Also still waiting for a cutlass that look more like a club or an axe. I would love if they put new melee weapon in but I dout it, so that's my best hope.

• @klutchxking518 I really wish I had gotten that inventory bug, seems most players who got it weren't very thorough when looking about their inventories.

• @neon-ic0n if I got it I would’ve combed through my entire inventory for new stuff. This man didn’t even look at the ship cosmetic chest :(

• I love how this thread refuses to die. There's always something to add to it, like this comment.

Also that bug with missing items appearing in player's inventories just kinda proves that the items are in game and waiting, just not available.

• @mferr11 The assets are there. They just haven't been published. 😉

• @pr8roberts Could you tell me whether or not we'll ever see the removed cosmetics from the early days (various cutlasses, figureheads, etc.) make a return?

• @galactic-geek the figureheads did. Still missing the swords though.

• @ninja-naranja said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@galactic-geek the figureheads did. Still missing the swords though.

Yeah, I already knew about the return of the figureheads (and jumped on them as soon as I could out of fear of them disappearing again), but included them anyways to ensure context. It's also what gives me hope for the rest of the missing content.

• @galactic-geek I'm vaguely aware of these, as far as I know with the cutlasses they were removed because there wasn't a significant visual difference between them and pre-existing items. Do you have any details/ images on what they are?

As with everything everyone's mentioned, I appreciate the info and will look into it, but I can't promise anything. I'll need to do some digging and work out what the history is of these items.

Cheers,
    Louise

• @pr8roberts The Scurvy and Castaway Bilge Rat Cutlasses, Grand Admiral Cutlass, Ruffian Sea Dog Cutlass are the ones I remember.
    Ah, and a normal Bilge Rat Flag, not the Bilge Rat Adventures Flag
    While they are veey similar to existing ones, its odd to have sn incomplete set.

Views
288 out of 1353