Charities - Official Terms & Conditions
By purchasing this month’s SpecialEffect premium cosmetic the Noble Pathfinder Sails with Ancient Coins you previously purchased either in-game or through the Microsoft Store (Paid-for Ancient Coins), you and Sea of Thieves are helping support this month’s featured charities. Here’s how:
What are Proceeds?
Proceeds means 1 US cent for every paid for Ancient Coin spent on the Charity item.
When will the results be published?
Rare will publish, on www.seaofthieves.com and other Microsoft social media channels, the total amount to be donated to each Charity, within 30 days of the final available date of the Charity item (campaign end date). Charity items are only available for a limited time, normally one month.
When will the donation be made?
A single donation, totalling the amount published, will be made to the Charity within 90 days of the campaign end date.
What are Paid-for Ancient Coins?
Paid-for Ancient Coins are Ancient Coins that you purchase for money. At any time, you may have Ancient Coins that you have purchased for money, or you may have free Ancient Coins that you obtained another way (for instance, Ancient Coins that you obtained by defeating Ancient Skeletons in-game, or were granted in other ways). Donations for the Charity item are calculated based on Paid-for Ancient Coins.
How do we calculate your balance of Paid-for Ancient Coins and the donation amount?
In the account used to buy the Charity item, we will count all the Ancient Coins that you purchased before buying the Charity item, and then deduct all of the Ancient Coins that have been spent other premium Cosmetics up to that point in time. This is the balance of Paid-for Ancient Coins.
- If at the time of purchase, your balance of Paid-for Ancient Coins is greater than the price of the Charity premium cosmetic, then you will receive that item and we will donate 1 cent for each Coin used.
- If at the time of purchase, your balance of Paid-for Ancient Coins is zero, then you will receive the Charity Item and no donation will be made.
- And if at the time of purchase, your balance of Paid-for Ancient Coins is less than the price of the Charity Item but you also have enough free Ancient Coins to make up the purchase price, then you will receive the Charity item and we will make a donation of 1 cent for each Paid-for Ancient Coin you used to purchase the Charity cosmetic (rounded up).
- The Charity item is 599 Ancient Coins. You purchase it with Paid-for Ancient Coins. Microsoft will donate $5.99 to the associated Charity.
- If you purchase it with Ancient Coins obtained for free, then no donation will be made.
- If you purchase it with 299 Paid-for Ancient Coins and 300 free Ancient Coins, then a donation of $2.99 will be made to the associated Charity.
Queries and Correspondence
Any queries about the donations must be made before January 31, 2020 at Sea of Thieves customer support: support.seaofthieves.com. No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this promotion or these Terms and Conditions. If there is a dispute regarding donations, Microsoft’s decision will be final in all respects on all purchasers.
Microsoft may stop sales of a Charity item, the Campaign and/or donations to a Charity at any time.