Voice Chat for Steam Deck Broken

• I use a Steam Deck for my Sea of Theives Gameplay, and Prior to the Season 8 update, i could hear, and use Voice chat Perfectly fine.

However since the Season 8 update released i have been unable to use or hear voice chat from other players (not even their mouths are moving when i verify they are speaking into a working mic when other players are speaking) . This is not a hardware issue, as other games i am able to use VC (and hear other players) when playing.

This is becoming an irritating issue since I would love to Play Sea of Theives, and it is one of my favorite games of all time, however this Update has brought with it a serious bug that hampers my ability to communicate with other players without utilising third party applications.

Is there any way that i can fix it? Or is this currently a known bug that is being worked on? Because i have seen other players with this same issue.

帖子
    查看
    feedbackgeneral
  • Just here to add that I too am experiencing the same issue as @dieselkeough. Prior to Season 8, I was able to hear and talk to other players in-game, but unfortunately no longer :(
    Just to note: I've noticed the "Crew Chat Volume" slider is grayed out and longer selectable, and holding the push-to-talk switch while speaking no longer activates the speaking icon in the top right corner of the HUD.
    Love you Rare! I'm grateful that the rest of the game runs as smoothly as it does <3

• A friend of mine with steamdeck has got the same issue. Checked all options with audio and microphone options. Also logged in on the xbox with his xbox account to check if friends got muted in some way. Happy to see that other People got this same problem. Hopefully rare will find the problem quickly with the next update. Because this makes our journey's a lot harder and less fun.

• Try speaking with Valve instead, the voice detection is done using Xbox Game services which is tied to Windows and Xbox it might be that a file or service is missing on linux.

• I am also having the same issue. Major disappointment and I hope it gets resolved soon

• Unfortunately Steam Deck is not officially supported, so you're kind of at the mercy of how well Proton is able to emulate Windows functionality which is likely to break from update to update.

• Here's the proton link they usually tell how they fixed it:

• @astralenigma how does one even find devices on the desktop mode? I cant figure it out, I get as far as getting to desktop mode but I have no idea how to pull up devices and what I'm supposed to be looking for that's muted

• @buttmcfartlord said in Voice Chat for Steam Deck Broken:

@astralenigma how does one even find devices on the desktop mode? I cant figure it out, I get as far as getting to desktop mode but I have no idea how to pull up devices and what I'm supposed to be looking for that's muted

After changing to Desktop mode do the following steps:

• Open the start menu on the bottom Left corner of the taskbar
    • Open Settings
    • Scrolldown the options till you reach the Hardware category there you will see the audio.

I don't know which audio device is supposed to be the right one though so experiment a bit.
    Some of the other options suggest just changing the proton version for an older one.

I haven't tried most of these options yet cause I don't like the Steam deck layouts available and I already have enough lag on my wired PC so adding my WiFi which is severely compromised with the WiFi pollution of the neighbors just turns me off.

• @astralenigma thank you so much I will try this

• So for anyone interested I found that launching the game using proton next (7. 0-5) does fix this issue.

Just go to SoT in your library, go to its settings, compatibility, check "force the use of specific Steam Play compatibility tool" and select the aforementioned. When you load in game you should see your voice chat works again. Hope this helps anyone.

• The issue has been fixed for me without any intervention on my part! Thanks

帖子
查看
feedbackgeneral
页数 4/12