Battle ring shrinks and other suggestions

• I think that in an hour the ring should start to shrink every 3-5 mins to prevent long battles.
    Obviously a ship could just anker and board the enemy's ship and sail it out of the ring before the person/people respawn if the ring gets too small but that's skill tbh.

Also personally i think that outposts should not be allowed to be inside the circle as that can lead to people restocking or selling mid battle which can be an unfair advantage.

帖子
    查看
    generalfeedback
  • @dogo-striker said in Battle ring shrinks and other suggestions:

I think that in an hour the ring should start to shrink every 3-5 mins to prevent long battles.
    Obviously a ship could just anker and board the enemy's ship and sail it out of the ring before the person/people respawn if the ring gets too small but that's skill tbh.

Also personally i think that outposts should not be allowed to be inside the circle as that can lead to people restocking or selling mid battle which can be an unfair advantage.

How is it unfair if both crews can get supplies there ?

If they take time for selling their loot, wouldn't that make them easier to sink ?

• @dogo-striker some people enjoy long fought out battles. Why force players to end their fight, if they’re enjoying the battle? Doesn’t make sense.

• If it can happen outside the hourglass function. Let it happen.

• @nighthawk32 As a person that can now confirm they are dogwater at sloop combat: If both combatants' skill level is above swabbie, your fights will last 30+ minutes against another solo due to the constant need to turn out of broads to recover, orbitals that go nowhere for either party until someone starts hitting shots, and the increasing lack of ability to board due to the battle borders themselves (should you leave your ship full sail while you succeed a board attempt).

It's a problem for solo crews, but also a noticeable issue for fighting against cowardly crews, these fights are genuinely stalled out for a long while with no repercussion if the invasion is mutual (You're at the edge of the map/region where players are less likely to sail around), keeping the enemy "prisoner" if they can't catch you and sink you while you don't do vice versa.

• @nex-stargaze I hear you, but rather enjoy long ship battles. I find them thrilling and fun. Both ships battling for control and then claiming that sweet victory. - As for swabbies as you put it. They’re getting some good experience that will help them get better at the game.

• @nighthawk32 You misinterpreted what I was trying to say...

People are extending fights in a very non-combative matter and it holds ships that are unable to reasonably counter running away prisoner to a fight they either stay in to keep/start their streak, or scuttle and lose their streak.

That's far from fair for a battle, even if the battle boarders are wide in terms of range for recovering.

• @lem0n-curry only one crew can buy supplies every hour or so lol

@lem0n-curry only one crew can buy supplies every hour or so lol

Nope - AFAIK the cooldown period is per crew per outpost.

• @lem0n-curry then when i arrive at a outpost when a enemy ship spawned in 30 mins ago is out of stock in merchants?

• @nighthawk32 I had a battle last an hour and half and both crews just ended up with no supplies. At that point nothing can be done if you’re evenly matched, we just ended up scuttling. I’d rather get sunk quickly to get back into the action then waste over an hour for nothing

@lem0n-curry then when i arrive at a outpost when a enemy ship spawned in 30 mins ago is out of stock in merchants?

I wouldn't know. I looked it up at the wiki, and there the cooldown for crew is listed as 5 in-game days, while Rare thief says it's 3.

Rare Thief:

For a quick and easy rule just remember, “3 days from now at 6am I can purchase it again.” [ ... ]
    The limits and cooldowns for Resource Crates apply per Outpost. You can always travel to another Outpost during the three in-game day period to purchase more. They also only apply to your crew. Your crew purchasing every Resource Crate from an Outpost won’t prevent another crew from purchasing Resource Crates at that Outpost.

帖子
查看
generalfeedback
页数 11/12