帖子
    查看
  • @borutouzu1997 said in Can I run SoT:

My laptop specs

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz

6.00 GB RAM

Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Absolutely minimum graphics settings and resolution. The integrated GPU is gonna be your bottle neck. You will only see about 30 fps max and may have stuttering during intensive events while fighting players or world events.

Being a laptop, that is the best you are gonna do since you can’t upgrade your GPU.

• @kommodoreyenser
    What about adding a eGPU? I wonder if that would help I have a HP 15 notebook.

• @maskakatsuki said in Can I run SoT:

@kommodoreyenser
    What about adding a eGPU? I wonder if that would help I have a HP 15 notebook.

Those require a thunderbolt 3 or 4 port I believe. Your laptop is too old, having only a usb 3.0 port which is far too slow for graphics communication with the cpu. (8x slower than thunderbolt 3 and ~20x slower than a pcie 3.0x16 slot)

• @kommodoreyenser
    Well I have seen what that cursed graphics looks like and idk if I would enjoy it unfortunatly...

• I've seen this one video where it nearly killed their pc. I mean the temperature can be fixed by getting a fan. But the stuttering on there is another problem because that would be more of a hindurance than anything. Especially if I'm just doing the tales and stuff and someone comes and easilly sinks my ship and steals my stuff... I probably wouldn't mind the graphics if this fixable where it won't blow up my laptop.

I've seen this one video where it nearly killed their pc. I mean the temperature can be fixed by getting a fan. But the stuttering on there is another problem because that would be more of a hindurance than anything. Especially if I'm just doing the tales and stuff and someone comes and easilly sinks my ship and steals my stuff... I probably wouldn't mind the graphics if this fixable where it won't blow up my laptop.

I wouldn't recommend gaming on any laptop that doesnt have a dedicated graphics processor. Something like a 1050ti or even the older gtx 770 series would be more than enough for this game. I play on a laptop myself but it has a gtx 1070, this is capable of max graphics in this game while running 1440p at 144Hz/FPS on an external monitor.

• I've always played on a laptop and outside of specs a huge part of it is keeping it cool

so if you do get the game working on whatever you use I'd recommend propping it up on the corners so air can circulate
    I always set the internal fan to run at full speed all the time and I have a little desk fan to put some breeze in the area as well

made a huge difference for me

and cleaning out dust inside once I start noticing any heating/performance issues makes a huge difference for me too

• @kommodoreyenser
    I can play SWTOR and Minecraft on here just fine yeah sure SWTOR has long updates that take all day to install but it plays fine with little to no issues. So I had hoped this would be not the same but better than you described. I was going to use my bday money next month to get a pc copy. But I guess I'll get a used xbox one from fb marketplace around me and then get the game on there. Perhaps that would be the best solution to that problem.

@kommodoreyenser
    I can play SWTOR and Minecraft on here just fine yeah sure SWTOR has long updates that take all day to install but it plays fine with little to no issues. So I had hoped this would be not the same but better than you described. I was going to use my bday money next month to get a pc copy. But I guess I'll get a used xbox one from fb marketplace around me and then get the game on there. Perhaps that would be the best solution to that problem.

Well The Old Republic is pretty easy on the graphics requirements being an MMORPG and the game itself is like 7 years older than SoT which is ancient in the gaming world.

Minecraft historically is rough on the CPU side especially with mods. Graphically draw distance doesn't even happen unless the blocks are visible and it has 16 bit textures so it is super low on GPU requirements. I personally play with ~72 tech mods and a draw distance and sim distance of 24 chunks.

The xbox route would certainly be the cheapest if you couldn't find a good used laptop with a dedicated GPU.

• @kommodoreyenser said in Can I run SoT:

@maskakatsuki said in Can I run SoT:

@kommodoreyenser

Well The Old Republic is pretty easy on the graphics requirements being an MMORPG and the game itself is like 7 years older than SoT which is ancient in the gaming world.

Minecraft historically is rough on the CPU side especially with mods. Graphically draw distance doesn't even happen unless the blocks are visible and it has 16 bit textures so it is super low on GPU requirements. I personally play with ~72 tech mods and a draw distance and sim distance of 24 chunks.

The xbox route would certainly be the cheapest if you couldn't find a good used laptop with a dedicated GPU.

SWTOR just celebrated their first decade since launch I've been playing since 2014-2015 forget which year. The graphics of the latest stuff is why I thought it would be better. Because the KOTFE and KOTET alone had good cutscene graphics better than the base game. So I'm just going to get the xbox someone is selling for $150 it's disk drive is broke but I can still get the digital copy of the game on there.

• @kommodoreyenser I have to ask do I have to have XBOX Live Gold to play because that's what the xbox website says although I also hear I just have to have a account? I've always played Playstation so I'm new to xbox.

• @maskakatsuki Only if you play on Xbox, PC/Steam players don't require Xbox Live.

• @triheadedmonkey are you talking account or the Gold subscription?

• @maskakatsuki Sorry, Xbox Live Gold subscription, yes. Xbox Live (the service) is what all the games run on, Xbox Live Gold enables Console players to play online etc.

Players on PC/Steam version do not require a XBL Gold subscription to play.

• @triheadedmonkey Ok so it's like Playstation Plus then. So the game pass ultimate would be the best deal then considering I wouldn't have to buy the game seperately since it comes with it. Also I've heard that you can use a duelshock 4 on xbox. As I said I've played on all the playstations. So I'm used to the design mainly the left analog being in a different place. Is this true and would it work on the game button wise?

• @maskakatsuki Yes it would be the equivalent of PS+.

Game Pass Ultimate is a great deal, as it includes access to 100+ games (for both PC and Xbox) at no extra cost, Xbox Live Gold and even xCloud. It also includes 'Perks', which have in the past included Sea of Thieves cosmetics.

You can usually get a trial for super cheap (often £/$1 for the first month).

As for using a Dualshock, I don't believe it is possible but haven't tried (due to not having a PS console since the PS2) but your favourite search engine would be able to confirm more accurately.

Ok so it's like Playstation Plus then. So the game pass ultimate would be the best deal then considering I wouldn't have to buy the game seperately since it comes with it.

a really good way to keep gamepass ultimate going to to get involved with microsoft rewards and gamepass rewards after you subscribe

there are ways to earn daily points on pc/phone and through the gamepass app, there are xbox rewards weekly and monthly for completing gamepass quests

if you take it serious and are consistent you can pretty much stay subscribed for effort rather than money and on top of that have extra points to redeem for gift cards which can be used for ancient coins/cosmetics on SOT

• @wolfmanbush I'm already involved in them on my browser I have 800 points right now.

• I was thinking of buying SoT, and I was wondering if I'll be able to.
    My specs:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60 GHz
    8.00 GB RAM
    NVIDIA NVS 5200M
    x64-bit OS, x64-based processor.
    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

• In keeping with our rules and that this is now a necro'd thread, we will be going ahead and dropping anchor on it here. Thank you.

帖子
查看
页数 21/22