How many ships have I sunked?

• I knew there was a way of seeing it before captaincy, just by acessing the profile tab, but now I can’t find it! Thanks everyone.

Views
  • @nicoletodrop
    They removed that from the profile page, as well as some other metrics, when Captaincy launched. Many of the metrics removed were relegated to Milestones, and it seems that Rare wanted everyone to start on an equal footing, or at least not have access to previous numbers, perhaps to hide the significant difference between their Milestone numbers and anything listed on the profile page. The "Ships Sunk" number is now, as far as I know, nowhere to be found, as it is not part of any Milestone.

Milestones do keep track of specific things like Skeleton Ships sunk and Ghost Ships destroyed, however any indication of player ships sunk is, as far as I can tell, non-existent.

• @maximusarael020

Thank Maximus, that’s quite sad for us PvP players, hope we get something similar to KD ratio, and ships sunked soon!

• @maximusarael020 @nicoletodrop

If you load the overview page and then use the inspect functionality of your browser, you can see a request to https://www.seaofthieves.com/api/profilev2/overview?latest=3

If you look at the response, it's a JSON object with a property named 'stats' that contains all the old Overview page info, with ships sunk being held in a sub-property called "Combat_Ships_Sunk".

• @d3adst1ck said in How many ships have I sunked?:

@maximusarael020 @nicoletodrop

If you load the overview page and then use the inspect functionality of your browser, you can see a request to https://www.seaofthieves.com/api/profilev2/overview?latest=3

If you look at the response, it's a JSON object with a property named 'stats' that contains all the old Overview page info, with ships sunk being held in a sub-property called "Combat_Ships_Sunk".

this still keeps tracks of krakens and meg encounters (tinysharks) as well for anyone interested in those.

I'd recommend saving the data through screen shot every few days as there is no guarantee this data will stick around or we will be able to see it just so people can have something to keep if it does go away at some point.

It's mostly accurate data (server issues do cause tracking loss sometimes) but it's as accurate as it's gonna be so if people value it for personal use, might as well save it every now and again.

• I'm just glad that the Nautical miles sailed -m2 is now gone from website and I can actually see some progress in the game via captaincy milestones

• @d3adst1ck Very cool. It seems to work if you just click the link you gave. I'm having a hard time finding it myself on Chrome with the "Inspect" feature, but I'm not all that web-savvy. Just for my own knowledge, is it under "Elements", "Console", or "Sources"?

• @zig-zag-ltu said in How many ships have I sunked?:

I'm just glad that the Nautical miles sailed -m2 is now gone from website and I can actually see some progress in the game via captaincy milestones

Fun fact: the overview stats I posted above still show the miles sailed, and if yours is broken like mine, they are still broken.

I've been at 7,917,207 miles sailed for 2.5+ years and counting now.

• @maximusarael020 Yeah, I think it will work with a direct link after you've loaded the overview page at least once.

• @d3adst1ck said in How many ships have I sunked?:

@zig-zag-ltu said in How many ships have I sunked?:

I'm just glad that the Nautical miles sailed -m2 is now gone from website and I can actually see some progress in the game via captaincy milestones

Fun fact: the overview stats I posted above still show the miles sailed, and if yours is broken like mine, they are still broken.

I've been at 7,917,207 miles sailed for 2.5+ years and counting now.

Don't loose hope tho, I was assured multiple times that they are working on it :D

Views
4 out of 10