What was anticheat added to?

• Hello, I thought you were adding anticheat to the game and I also thought that if you say anticheat, it will work so that I won't meet a cheater in the game. So I come with a question, how is this even possible? And now I'm talking more about what the cheater himself wrote to me, who laughed at me saying that the anticheat can be bypassed by simply turning it off in the task manager... is this a joke? Could you finally do something properly for once? If you are still paying for the anticheat service, then that is the ultimate shame.

Gönderiler
    Görüntüleme
  • You could have named it straight away - cheaters feel free to keep cheating. and don't call it an anticheat.

• While in this case the anti cheat was not implimented correctly out the gate and it is disappointing, if your expectations are that you will never see a cheater again, then you will be disappointed in any game. No anti cheat is 100% effective and bad apples always get through eventually, so that is not a good standard to hold.

• I don't look at cheating as just an anti-cheat I look at is as the overall fight against cheating while including anti-cheat (specifically talking pvp)

To me it's undeniable how much less cheating there appears to be on the seas. That's not just my experience (even though I'm far more of a benefit of the doubt person) that's viewing streams as well where other experienced players are having lots of encounters.

There is the joke of "oh a lot of people quit around a certain time haha" but I think there is some truth to it. As Rare really started making extra moves about cheating a lot of activity did drop off. Activity that seemed outside of typical high skill performance.

Stuff still happens but imo there was a real noticeable shift even before anti-cheat was added.

SoT has terrible sus culture and any time a popular streamer sees a cheater it becomes the end of the world but it's pretty obvious to me that they have really cleaned up quite a bit of stuff that happens in the game on the pvp side.

• Did you know that there are police officers in every single city, and even in places where they don't have police officers monitoring everything they have cameras that can capture vehicles speeding, running through stop signs? and yet people are still speeding, running traffic signs and not getting caught.

Anticheat is a system that will help stop cheaters... but cheaters will still get through. And since it is fairly new to the game, there will be ways to circumvent it.

At no point did they say this will stop ALL cheaters. Adding things like Anticheat to a game and it to be fully successful will take time, and once it is fully in place it will put a lot of stop to the cheaters. Yes there is a way to bypass it, and that will undoubtedly be fixed soon.

Have you noticed that there isn't a single other game like Sea of Thieves? that is because it has systems on top of systems on top of systems, and trying to tack Anti-Cheat on top of that takes a little bit of time, stress tests, and circumventing the systems the cheat makers use to bypass things.

• @p0s31d0n-god said in What was anticheat added to?:

Hello, I thought you were adding anticheat to the game and I also thought that if you say anticheat, it will work so that I won't meet a cheater in the game. So I come with a question, how is this even possible? And now I'm talking more about what the cheater himself wrote to me, who laughed at me saying that the anticheat can be bypassed by simply turning it off in the task manager... is this a joke? Could you finally do something properly for once? If you are still paying for the anticheat service, then that is the ultimate shame.

Like others pointed out, anticheat isn’t going to completely eliminate cheating, but it should mitigate it. I can anecdotally say that I’ve seen less cheaters, and that makes me happy.

I’ve also heard of the “bypass” your cheater was talking about. Since the anti-cheat was introduced I’ve done some small google research to see what the cheaters have to say about it. During that research I learned about the bypass, and what I saw was cheaters scrambling to make it work. So it sounds like it’s gotten much harder, but not impossible to cheat. That in itself is a win to me, but obviously I’d like this bypass to go away.

It seems like this bypass idea wasn’t fully considered, and my hope is that Rare and EAC are working to correct it. I’d guess that they are.

• @reverend-toast

The messages that people can write here makes me feel weird. Of course, it's a new thing that anticheat was added and it may not work 100% yet, but to make such a mistake with anticheat that has been around for more than 10 years so that it can be turned off in the task manager seems quite pathetic to me. So you can waste your time writing how the police work in different countries and other useless nonsense because you didn't understand the point. It seems to me that here on the forum, people are just trying to write the biggest nonsense that is not even related to the topic, so that they can probably get some points for writing a message and that's the only reason they do it and never add any value.

• I'm writing here for the oh so valuable internet points, don't mind me. Move along.

Anticheat ain't perfect. There will always be cheaters.
    Slip ups happen. Rare is working on the cheater problem. EAC is working on it too (that's their whole deal).
    It bothers them equally as much if not more when people find ways to bypass it.

• Current issues with EAC's configuration aside, anti-cheat is meant to prevent most but not all cheats. For the rest, they require manual bans based on flags.

Regarding bypassing EAC with task manager, similar to messing with IDs, this can lead to Alabasterbeards - which in turn can lead to Redbeards (permanent bans). This makes me think they do actually have ways to detect when EAC has been bypassed server-side, which makes sense.

It's also worth bearing in mind that, for the most part, manual bans for cheating are done in waves rather than individually. This is done all at once every few months (3 to 6 months is typical). The reasons are that (1) it doesn't tip off the cheaters what triggered their detection, and (2) it overwhelms the paid cheat makers by causing a load of unhappy users and, therefore, chargebacks at once.

• @p0s31d0n-god I was making a simile to the fact that even though there is a policing method to take out cheaters, people can get around it.

And as far as people “not adding to the conversation” your post really isn’t adding anything in general. There has been a massive drop off i cheating since anticheat was added..but some people are getting around it, so it is doing its purpose and will get better.

Also yes EAC has been around for a while, but integrating it into games takes some doing, it’s not like adding a new paint job to a car, its more like changing an entire car’s electrical system.

Gönderiler
Görüntüleme
9 / 10