Captaincy Cargo Runs

• Not sure if it’s intended or not but Cargo Run voyages are not counting towards voyages completed.

Gönderiler
    Görüntüleme
    feedback
  • @capnrobobobo
    I'm not sure, but I think it is intended for Captain voyage to not counting toward trading companies voyage completion. I think for that you need to do specific voyage from them.

• Cargo runs have never counted as voyages nor completes in any commendation, as they technically aren’t voyages- but things you can do alongside another voyage.

It has always been this way since they were introduced 2-3 years ago.

• @thetwistedtaste they are 100% voyages the “voyage completed” banner pops up when you finish them. They just are not courting towards the total.

• @capnrobobobo said in Captaincy Cargo Runs:

@thetwistedtaste they are 100% voyages the “voyage completed” banner pops up when you finish them. They just are not courting towards the total.

I am categorically telling you after doing 300+ of them over the years for the other commendations, they do not count as “voyages completes.” They never have done, and it’s intended behaviour.

Source: The Wiki

“Completing cargo runs won't count towards commendations for completing Merchant Alliance voyages”

• @thetwistedtaste but they are voyages to say the aren’t is disingenuous. You buy them as a voyage, you buy them as captains voyages, and when completed you get the voyage completed banner. All other voyages including ones picking up from captains or bottles count towards the total. Are you sure your not thinking of commodities? I understand commodities not counting.

• The voyage disappears the moment you collect the cargo whether you deliver it or not. For this reason, the cargo voyages have never counted towards completions.

@thetwistedtaste but they are voyages to say the aren’t is disingenuous. You buy them as a voyage, you buy them as captains voyages, and when completed you get the voyage completed banner. All other voyages including ones picking up from captains or bottles count towards the total. Are you sure your not thinking of commodities? I understand commodities not counting.

Not sure what “Voyage Complete” banner you’re getting from Cargo Runs (Plants/ Silk/ Cloth) because you do not receive one?

This isn’t a hill I’m willing to die on. I’ve given you the information and my own experience on this exact topic, do with it what you will.

• @d3adst1ck but you do the same with every voyage, you complete it without turning it in. You can do a gold hoarder voyage by just tapping each item once with your shovel. You don’t even need to dig it up completely.

• @d3adst1ck Good luck. I’m tapping out! ✌️

• @capnrobobobo You need to actually go out to an island to do that. Cargo runs can be started directly at the outposts.

• @d3adst1ck I think you are confusing cargo runs with commodities. Most are picked up at a seapost or some place like Ruby Falls. You have to sail there to get them. How is that easier than a captain voyage, that is for the island you are on, which does count towards the total?

• Sadly the nature of cargo runs is pick up cargo then voyage is complete. They thought this would make the completion commendations too easy to complete so they intentionally designed them to not count toward commendations. They have been this way for yours you wont change Rares mind on their functionality.. And as milestones are just copy pasted commendations...Back when they announced they were working on cargo runs i put my 250 voyage complete commendation on hold waiting for a new more enjoyable voyage... well that didnt work out in my favor lol. Ironically cargo is also a less fun voyage which was meant to replace animals because everyone hated them.

However if you throw down animal voyages whenever your playing normally like lets say you are grinding forts just have down an animal voyage and when the timer runs out you get voyage complete even though technically thats you failing the voyage.

• @magus104 again that’s not different than any other voyage. You do not have to turn in the loot to complete the voyage. If you want to grind a voyages completed the easiest way has to be captains especially with a 10 second respawn timer for solo sloop. Also, you do not get emissary credit until it’s turned in so there is no reason not to turn it in.

• @capnrobobobo youre not going to win this, dont know what you keep trying to argue against everyone whos telling you why the game is the way it is.

Cargo most of the time is pick up at your spawn point. so login, pick up cargo, log off. 30-60 second completion no need to ever set sail.

yes lvl 1 voyages for OoS and Gold hoarders is usually 1 island, 2 at most, but you have to sail there which adds a few minutes to the completion and the tedious nature of having to restock.

I asked on a live stream once why messages in a bottle dont count for voyages complete to give us incentive to do them. Their response was "Messages in a bottle are generally easier to complete than a proper voyage so we didnt want them to count toward commendations" so now people just dont do them at all and they are a waste of space

• @magus104 you are incorrect bottle and captains voyages do count towards voyage completed. I don’t think you do many cargo runs because “most” are not picked up at the spawn point. I appreciate your opinion but what you are saying makes zero sense. A cargo run is exactly the same as every other voyage. You do not need to turn in treasure for any voyage for it to be completed. You can do any voyage, collect the item, and then log off after it’s completed.

• @capnrobobobo I don't know what else to tell you other than you're wrong. Cargo Runs do not count, and have never counted, toward MA voyage completions. Try one yourself.

The reason is that the Cargo Runs can be started and picked up immediately. Once you've collected the last crate, the voyage disappears from the table (there is no 'Voyage Completed' banner either).

You can do any other voyage without collecting the loot but you need to sail to at least 1 other island, so there is a minimum sailing time required and they can't be spammed as quickly.

• @d3adst1ck the is 100% a voyage completed banned that pops up. Also, sailing to collect cargo is exactly the same a sailing to dig up an item or kill a skeleton. I think you are confusing commodities with cargo run. Commodities are picked up at outposts cargo runs are picked up from any cargo run npc. There are a bunch of them.

@d3adst1ck the is 100% a voyage completed banned that pops up. Also, sailing to collect cargo is exactly the same a sailing to dig up an item or kill a skeleton. I think you are confusing commodities with cargo run. Commodities are picked up at outposts cargo runs are picked up from any cargo run npc. There are a bunch of them.

I think you are the one who is confused. I made a video to show you that it definitely completes when you pick up the cargo and that there is no banner.

• @d3adst1ck try it with one of the Captaincy voyages. I just double checked. I 100% get the banner.

• @capnrobobobo it has been like that for litteral years, i guess it has to do with how easily cheesable they are

• @capnrobobobo None of the captaincy voyages count towards voyage completions with the trading companies. If the Cargo Run ones give you a banner, that's probably the nature of the captain voyages but it still doesn't change the fact that Cargo Runs don't count at all - and also that none of the Captain ones count.

• @d3adst1ck sorry I’m talking just about captaincy voyages completed. I personally could care less about the old system.

• @magus104 said in Captaincy Cargo Runs:

@capnrobobobo youre not going to win this, dont know what you keep trying to argue against everyone whos telling you why the game is the way it is.

Cargo most of the time is pick up at your spawn point. so login, pick up cargo, log off. 30-60 second completion no need to ever set sail.

yes lvl 1 voyages for OoS and Gold hoarders is usually 1 island, 2 at most, but you have to sail there which adds a few minutes to the completion and the tedious nature of having to restock.

I asked on a live stream once why messages in a bottle dont count for voyages complete to give us incentive to do them. Their response was "Messages in a bottle are generally easier to complete than a proper voyage so we didnt want them to count toward commendations" so now people just dont do them at all and they are a waste of space

I did them, well some of them, especially the quests you get from skeleton captains on small islands.

Now there is a milestone ( Discovered Quests Completed ) under Voyager Alliance that count the bottles (original and Coral) and those from skeleton captains.

Gönderiler
Görüntüleme
feedback
20 / 24