3D Printed Sloop New One!!!!!!!!!!!

• My beautiful Sloop is finished so i thought i want to share XD.
    This is my second sloop, it has hull details and slightly model changes from the last sloop i made last year https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/135708/3d-printed-sloop

The sloop is 3d printed from Elegoo Mars 2 resin printer. I split the model into 8 parts to fit the printer, each piece take 7 hours to print and about 5 mins to remove supports and clean with isopropyl alcohol and cure with UV light. After putting parts together i spray a thin layer of gray primer then paint with airbrush and play around with colors until i satisfied. For the sails and canopy i use old pillow sheet and spray with thick white primer. The rest you can see pics below :)

Gönderiler
    Görüntüleme
    videofan artcommunityjust for funscreenshot
  • that is awesome

all the pics really show the effort and and quality craftsmanship involved in the process

• @wolfmanbush
    Thank you very much :)

• I love it ❤️❤️❤️❤️

• @cptfuriosa Thank you sir :)

• @capt-galaxystar
    Looks good, shouldn't the flag be pointing forwards when the sails have full billow though ?

• @lem0n-curry Good catch! let just pretend the wind is different on top of the mast XD

• @capt-galaxystar said in 3D Printed Sloop New One!!!!!!!!!!!:

@lem0n-curry Good catch! let just pretend the wind is different on top of the mast XD

Works for me :).

• texto alt

• @capt-galaxystar That’s really awesome! I really need to get to grips with my 3D printer lol

• @lizalaroo Thank you :) You can do it!

• That looks amazing!! Are the print files anywhere for sale or otherwise? As an avid solo slooper, I have to have one of these!

• Does it float?

• It looks fantastic, nice job!

• To bad its plastic and not wood, Metal, and cloth.

• @domini-draco i have the files i modeled from last year, i finish it up and printed this one but i cant release the model just yet but when i do it will be on cgtrader.com 3d printing ready :)

• @pithyrumble im too scared to try O_o what if it sink without cannon holes what do it do!!!!!!

• @ostara-mk Thank you very much XD

• @fast-420 it's made out of resin and the white cloth is made out of cloth. it's so brittle one drop will break it like wine glass T_T

• Check out this out if you like :)
    https://twitter.com/chris_lawh/status/1514106315370471429?s=20&t=wYBBS0FR92MHsmvl6wtZwA

• @capt-galaxystar

Aquarium sealant along the hull seams and some lead weights for ballast?

• @pithyrumble i'm not planing to make it float, it's too heavy because it's made out of resin but on my shelf im sure it won't sink XD

• that looks awesome!! do you still have the models for it? i want to to print my own sloop but i don’t know how to make my own models and finding any seems impossible

• As this thread was over a year old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Gönderiler
Görüntüleme
videofan artcommunityjust for funscreenshot
1 / 24