Speculation about Season 7

• So, I casually took a look at the Roadmap for 2020 again because I wanted to check something about adventures and read again the Season 7 description and kinda got back at speculating about it now that we kinda now the big stuff of Season 6. Wanted to share my thoughts and to hear yours!

First of all Season 7 is described as "New Ways to Progress & Play", let's start the speculation!

NEW WAYS TO PROGRESS

This could really be interesting, let's first try to think what they could mean by "progression":

1. Progression here could mean new levels, a new company to grind with, hopefully, new activities.

2. New ways to get REWARDS which means there will be new recurring activities that will feel meaningfully different to the one we already have, possibly including all playstyles. This could also imply a new currency strictly related to these new activities and rewards, a temporary solution for gold inflation.

3. Here I am a bit scared that these new ways of progressing will be related to a way of progression that Rare really seems to like: with gold pouches, coins in vaults and Seasonal Rewards we get rewards that cannot be stolen. While I think it's fine to have that option in some system, both fo new players and to mitigate a bit the loss in case you get sunk, I hope the new ways of progressing don't get rid of player interaction completely.

NEW WAYS TO PLAY

This is even more interesting, this could be something very big. I don't think a new type of voyage could be considered a new way to play, but the reaper playstyle might be considered something new and different compared to the other emissaries. Could this mean we get a game changing system like the Reaper emissary?
    This surely is tied to the new activities, but might also be something separated, something like a more "mechanical" change: new ships or a new zone of the map that works differently. Not necessarily within the Sea of Thieves, we might travel to the Sea of the Damned and explore a completely new map separated from the Sea of Thieves! (Ok listen, it won't be this one, but a man can dream).

Let me know your thoughts :)

Gönderiler
    Görüntüleme
  • @pellahh Everytime I think about Season 7 I think of a couple tweets from Mike Chapman

I could be wrong but I'm feeling that Season 7 might be the season many veteran players have been waiting for for a long time

• @peony7185

I really hope so, as I hope The ChadMan himself wasn't referring to the new PL Voyage: the voyage can be as good as they want but I doubt a single voyage can become the endgame of the game by itself. A new progression system is needed for an endgame to exist.

• @pellahh Nah I don't think he was referring to the pl voyage. I'm not sure if it'll be some crazy new progression system or anything but I'm really hoping it's something that satisfies the players wanting more things to grind.

Heck I could be completely wrong and it might not even be season 7 but with him saying it should 'become clearer later in the year' and season 7 literally mentioning progress, I'm hoping I'm right

Gönderiler
Görüntüleme
1 / 4