New event not feasible for people for people with jobs / r.l. commitments

• How is it possible to do this event when I can only play from a set time each evening once the kids are asleep? Seems a bit oblivious to have the same ships appear during a set time.

An easy solution would be to have RANDOM spawns or to rotate the crews every 24 hrs.

This is my first post and I love the game, but this implementation seriously takes away from the experience. I know many people suggest using the weekends, but I think planning real life around a game is outright silly. As it stands the concept is defective and restricts a player base in similar situations as myself.

While this is investigated/ resolved I hope the first weeks event is extended. I have no problem with the IRL span of the event, only the in game timing for each crew as it limits each spawn to the SAME TIME twice daily.

Thanks for reading.

Публикации
    Просмотры
  • @sinerex I 100 % agree with this, to me even the 3 weeks isnt long enough. One of the commendations requires you to sink 50 of the skeleton ships. These type of events reward the die hard players but are very unfriendly to the more casual.

• If you don't have time that isn't Rares fault, and to be frank it should cater more to die hard players, we're the ones who are gonna stay and keep playing unlike most casuals who are only here till the next Fortnite update. You only get doubloons, you only need to defeat 3 different region crews within three weeks, if you can't make the time for it then so be it, why should they have to b*******r backwards just so you can do it? Three weeks is enough and I'm tired of everyone moaning and complaining about it like you're owed something in return for not being able to play because of your circumstances

• There's absolutely zero benefit to Rare and the game losing players, Duck. You can purity spiral all you want, and it benefits your own ego, but really, this sort of frustration that OP has is absolutely real and benefits no one. Events should be fun, challenging and engaging.
    Not a chore.

• I don't have the same problem as you at all. However, I see your point and agree with most of it. Sure, Rare can do what they want and if you can't find the time to get the commendations done that isn't their problem, but you probably shouldn't care so much if that's the case. With that said, it's pretty silly for them to "punish" players who want to do it but can't because of the forced time frames. There's nothing to be gained by this when a random spawn could have been made just as easily, as OP described.

• Agree 100 percent.

• @sinerex why make it a random encounter where you could possibly never see one during the game and also say if someone didn’t want to attack any skelly ship and kept getting bombarded by them. The ships are fine where they are. I’m sorry your time can’t fit in but it’s not entirely Rare’s problem. You might only just be able to only get one of the fleets of skellies per week. You can even do the Wanda voyage which doesn’t restart after leaving the game. Figure out what part of the dlc fits your schedule. The die hards will go for the chore of everything, casuals will have to settle with less than perfection and the slackers will likely get nothing. Don’t make others fit your schedule, fit your schedule to what you can do in the game.

• @kromenome said in New event not feasible for people for people with jobs / r.l. commitments:

@sinerex I 100 % agree with this, to me even the 3 weeks isnt long enough. One of the commendations requires you to sink 50 of the skeleton ships. These type of events reward the die hard players but are very unfriendly to the more casual.

Assuming you do each battle once (3 peer week), that makes it 9. So far it looks like always 4 waves á 2 ships, so 8 per battle. That's 78 ships. So this commendation should be finished before you can clear the main objectives.

• @ducklol1337 said in New event not feasible for people for people with jobs / r.l. commitments:

If you don't have time that isn't Rares fault, and to be frank it should cater more to die hard players, we're the ones who are gonna stay and keep playing unlike most casuals who are only here till the next Fortnite update. You only get doubloons, you only need to defeat 3 different region crews within three weeks, if you can't make the time for it then so be it, why should they have to b*******r backwards just so you can do it? Three weeks is enough and I'm tired of everyone moaning and complaining about it like you're owed something in return for not being able to play because of your circumstances

Another obnoxious response from you as a self declared "hardcore" player.
    By your standards I'm a "casual player" even thiugh I was in the scale tests and beta and have played hundreds of hours now since launch day. Have a regular crew. All current unlockables.

How self imprtant are you to declared that we folk with schedules to keep are not committed and will leave the game?

Go back and read other people's responses properly ad the game notes - it's NINE battles over 3 weeks. This OP is correct the times.should be randomised.

• Ahoy there -

Rare are conscious that this is a concern amongst the Community and we've now created a megathread to collect this feedback all in one place, I'll close this one down now and let the discussions continue here -

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/69254/feedback-thread-around-real-world-timings-of-cursed-sails-battles-megathread

Публикации
Просмотры
1 из 10