Article Containing Tips - Mostly For New Players (Updated)

• I have seen these in other communities before and they are often full of wrong info from people who do not play the games, however I have done 5 articles on Sea of Thieves, a game I have so, so many hours on. Some of the points in these fall into opinion territory but I would still appreciate especially newer players checking them out. They are about weapons, making gold, ships, tips for beginners, and a review of the game in 2024. Thank you so much.

Публикации
    Просмотры
  • Pretty well put together articles with some helpful info.

I don't like nit picking but one thing I'll say about the end of the review part,

In the con you put "HACKERS"

Obviously cheating is not pleasant to be around but it's in literally every comparable online game and casual players can realistically see little to no proven cheating the entire time they play this game.

Also, since Rare ended up catering the the "hackers everywhere" crowd by spending a lot of time and resources on not only their own anti-cheat strats, but also bringing in 3rd party support I think it's a fair opinion to personally hold but something that will often lead new players off course and is unfair to Rare's efforts on the topic.

A big issue in this game (I think far bigger than cheating itself) is the sus culture of the experience. Using sus accusations to create blame for losing rather than just embracing the humility of "we all lose fights sometimes and sometimes other players played better, not a big deal"

The obvious cheating stuff is very rare in random adventure when compared to the overall time people spend in the game.

I don't think new players or any player should even have cheating on their minds when playing the game. They will become one of the people that sus accuse all the time and that will backfire on them eventually, just like it has for many other players (including a lot of veteran players) in the game.

Use the support system as a tool and resource when necessary, don't let "cheater cheater" become your entire personality in SoT. Same for "sus" and "pvp bad" "Rare bad" etc etc.

Play, have fun, don't look to blame/accuse or to find something negative about someone else over a random happening in a video game. It's not good for the overall environment and it's not good for the individual journey.

• @orientgrain11 nice articles, mate. Thanks for the tips. As a returning player, it's nice for a quick catch up. Cheers

1. Trust every Pirate you meet.
    2. Always use the Reaper Flag so you're immediately visable to other crews on the map.
    3. Use sails that glow and other ship cosmetics with the same feature.
    4. Always have 1 piece of food on you so you dont get over-encumbered (you will move around faster).
    5. Dont use ranged weapons, sword for the win.

Remember these 5 tips and you will flourish ;)

Публикации
Просмотры
1 из 4