Will it get any better?

• So, im a very new player , only 3 weeks in.
    I really enjoy the PVP and the fact that you can loose all your stuff....makes it exciting!

The cannon aim im getting more familiar with now, however in physical combat I just keep losing.
    I can get a few hits off, but never a killing blow. And I seem to die in one shot. Maybe Im getting too old and too slow for this, but surely im missing something?
    Even a blunderbuss at 0 range will not kill a player..

I guess I will keep on practising, and hope it gets any better.

Публикации
    Просмотры
  • The Blunderbuss is the only weapon that can deliver a one shot kill.

How the blunderbuss works is that it fires 10 pellets in random directions in a cone like pattern. Therefore, if a player fires the blunderbuss at you at point blank range, the chances are that all 10 pellets will deliver damage. Each pellet does 10% damage. If all 10 pellets register, then 100% damage is dealt and you will be sent to the Ferry of the Damned my friend.

• @loch1907

Dont want to be rude im aware how the blunderbuss works, as i stated, even from 0 range ( im right on him ) it does not kill him. Its ok tho, I will keep trying untill i succeed one day

• @wiccan998 hit reg and back tracking will give that result. It's annoying sometimes, Rare are aware of it and are trying to make progress on improvements. Best thing I can say really is to try and fight with hit reg always in the back of your mind.

• Will it get better? we don't know
    Will you improve? yes

Will pvp remain frustrating to you throughout your experiences? likely

Will frustrations grow if you improve and the game performance doesn't improve along with you? probably

point of this being do what you love, what interests you, what is rewarding to you. Pvp in this game is often frustrating whether you are inexperienced or highly experienced.

Personally I recommend focusing on naval, defense, ladder guarding. Also frustrating but less frustrating than close combat.

The reality of pvp in this game is you cannot attach your happiness to outcome or game performance. Sometimes it's alright and sometimes it's not, it's going to be frustrating and it gets more frustrating as you fight against the game rather than embracing the parts you enjoy.

Become the most skilled pvper on the seas if that matters to you but do it because you love it, investing in outcome will only burn you out and keep you frustrated.

or work around the frustrating parts of pvp as you gain overall experience and have a good time.

There is no universal right or wrong answer other than do what you love to do in this game, invest in that, wherever it leads you.

• If your blunder isnt killing others at point blank thats an issue of hitreg. But you can definitely get better. When i first got the game i quickly got good with cannons, but if anyone boarded my ship i was pretty much done. Every fight you do will get you better, even if it doesnt feel like it in the moment.

• @wiccan998 hit reg! You’re getting hit reg’d. It’s terrible. Lost many a fight due to hit reg! Good luck.

• Im fairly new myself, started playing right around new years. Ive got about 600 hours in now, and I'm just now starting to get hits consistently. One thing that I found that helped a ton-a lot of monitors/tvs have an option for a "virtual reticle". It adds a small crosshair to the center of the screen. That way you have something to go off of when lining up your shots. kind of lame that the eye of reach is the only thing w any sort of real sight.... Another thing, w the blunderbuss- I kept wondering the same thing. Kept getting one shot, couldnt one shot anyone to save my digital life. But some weeks went by and my aim got better, and just like just about any other shooter, Im 99% sure head shots do more damage. Have never searched to verify but... I'm an older fella as well. If you enjoy playing, just keep at it. You'll get better eventually if you put the time and effort in.

• @wiccan998 also VERY important to get a one shot kill off with a blunderbuss is to Aim down sight before shooting.

Aiming down the sight drastically decreases the spread of the pellets.

There will still be hit reg issues but that improves it by alot

• @jakesparrrow third party crosshair is cheating imho but whatever works for you, I can't tell you how to play

• @yingyane hmmm... I think I'd probably agree with you if it said somewhere that it was cheating. I get it though. This exact scenario has played out time after time in history as times have changed. Before cleats were invented, everybody in sports used flat soled shoes. And then when cleats were invented, not everybody saw it as fair. Some people stuck with what they knew. But, eventually, everyone started wearing cleats. I think by viewing it as cheating, you're actually just cheating yourself by hindering your own performance. Unless companies start labeling it as cheating, eventually there wont be a single screen that doesn't come w a virtual reticle option.

• Hit reg is one of the most frustrating situations to have to deal with in this game.
    If it helps, and it probably will, you can change a setting under the gameplay option to show hit markers that authorised by the server, so you know for a fact you hit a player with your shot/swing. I activated it when it first came out and it’s been a fantastic addition to keep track of combat. It doesn’t solve the hit reg problem but at least you know when you’ve hit your target.
    Hope this helps!

• @jakesparrrow your argument doesn't make any sense, it does say in the pirate code not to cheat. Using tools outside the game to gain an unfair advantage is certainly cheating. And your cleats example doesn't make any sense. The devs knew crosshairs existed and chose not to include them. People that aren't cheating aren't "putting ourselves at a disadvantage", people that choose to cheat and add crosshairs are putting themselves at an unfair advantage, the very definition of cheating. But again, you play how you like, but don't act like you aren't cheating by using a virtual crosshair.

Публикации
Просмотры
13 из 14