Why sink a ship in port?

• I love this game but Im not a pvp person so I just quest and such. I have been sunk so many times in the last few months in port or just minding my own business its sickening. The entire game seems just full of toxic players...to those that helped me thank you. I always play alone and being my age with my eyesight I cant possibly win in pvp and it seems even though there is SO many things pvp people can do.....sinking people for no reason seems to be what is done. Hope they enjoy the game when they run us all off and the servers die and game goes boom. Good job guys....

Публикации
    Просмотры
  • @zaknafien2003 Since the addition of Season 11 there is now less reason for people to do this as any ship at port has either just spawned in or has just sold.

On the occasions my crew has sunk somebody in port it has usually been because we were carrying a lot of high value loot and sinking the boat in port looked less risky than sailing somewhere new. However our preferred tactic for sloops is to sail the boat away to force the player(s) to take their mermaid and leave the outpost empty. When they spawned back on their ship we would 'give them enough PvP' that they would not think about attacking us back at the Outpost.

• @phantaxus Appreciate the reply, i don't have any friends in game and being an old gamer don't really find any that wanna team up...just sink me. Maybe I have been unlucky but all i seem to meet are players that sink me for pretty much zero loot. I held off playing this when it launched hoping it would slow down so I wouldn't be forced into pvp but it does not seem that is going to happen. I guess this game never will be for me. Was fun the short time it lasted I suppose. I would stay in safer seas but I cant do anything that I have left to do there unfortunately. Anyway, take care, I am going to try and find a game like this without the fighting.

• @zaknafien2003 There was https://twitter.com/GamerDads but they have not tweeted anything for 4 years but there may be other similar groups on social media

I have always found LFG (Looking For Group) a good starting point for finding crews

• @phantaxus Thanks again for the help. I decided to uninstall and move on though, I cant compete and safer seas cant do anything for me anymore. Enjoyed it when it was dbag free.

• @zaknafien2003 That is a shame. I also found https://twitter.com/DADSPirates which appears to be more active. I think you just need to find the right group. I hope you reconsider.

• The majority of the time some one sinks you, its not for no reason. Just because you dont know what their reason, does not mean it is without reason. The main reason i sink people who are at port is because i need to sell and dont want to risk some one else messing with me while i do. If there is another outpost near by then i will probably go past them. But if i have cargo i have to deliver to a specific place, i will park and sink the person and make sure they cant get on their cannons so my cargo doesnt get damaged.

This is a game about piracy, and you cant ever know the intent or what the other person will do, and if you have something high value or easily damaged, you dont want to risk the other person messing with your cargo.

As for the game dying for "running all of you off". People have been saying that for the last 6 years and it has never happened.

• @goldsmen Thank you for your reply. I just prefer a different atmosphere than shoot first before they shoot me. Perhaps they will remove the restrictions one day on safer seas and I can continue. I guess I was naive in thinking since there was a lot of PVE / PVP content the two would be able to be separated. I understand the game in its early release years was mainly PVP only but they had added so much PVE things I assumed wrongly that it wouldn't be a free for all anymore, especially with those of us that preferred not to. I underestimated the desire for some to need to prove themselves...though I wasnt much of a fight I assure you LOL. I did meet a couple of nice folks and am thankful for the help they offered. Thank you again and enjoy your game.

• @zaknafien2003 this is coming from a player that only plays hourglass…we sink ships at outposts for 2 reasons:

1. Your supplies
    2. You’re there and we want to lower our hourglass, which we can’t do with a ship in close proximity. So we sink them.
  • Im not a pvp person so I just quest and such.

Safer Seas. Problem solved

• @burnbacon The problem is that I cant go any further in safer seas as 40 is the reputation cap and you cant do any legendary stuff in Safer seas so that's not really "solved". I thank you for your reply though.

• @vito1700 Thank you for your reply. I would not call that a reason to sink someone but again, I was naive in my beliefs in how the community in game behaved now so that's on me. Lesson learned, I will just hope that one day I can complete my quests in safer seas. I cant really do anything else there now as I am down to the reputations you cant work on in safer seas.

• Pirate life in general gets more manageable when shifting outlook from "this ruined my experience" to "this experience is a part of where I am going and where I am going will be worth it"

Taking it personal is an understandable part of being a person but it's just a random event. If it wasn't you it would be someone else, if it wasn't them it would be someone else. There is nothing there to hold on to, it was just random, eventually it leads to something else where there will be something that will bring joy to your journey, something to hold on to. That thing will make it worth going through the other.

Every storm runs out of rain, while it's raining you can dance in it or let it keep you from having fun. It's not a bad day because it rains, it's just a different kind of day with a different set of obstacles and a different kind of opportunity.

A few clicks, a few steps, and it's a whole new ecosystem, new adventure, new opportunity, another chance.

Other people are gonna do what they do, you have the freedom and opportunity do something different, something that you think will improve your experience and the experiences of those around you on the sea.

• @wolfmanbush Thank you for the thoughtful response it is very good advice. Well I can't help how I feel or change it unfortunately I'm just going to hold out hope that 1 day I can continue those quests in safer seas. I'm going to create a second account so that I can start over and safer seas and at least be able to play The Game. You are correct when you say people are going to do what they do and unfortunately the people in this game seem to like to sync folks whether they want to fight or not. I do have to admit I get tired of hearing people say it's a pirate game that's what it's for when if you look throughout the history of Pirates they never really attacked each other but I suppose that's here nor there. Again I thank you for the thoughtful and kind of words. I waited this long since launch to get where I am I'm sure if I wait longer the game will either become very less populated or the devs may realize that some of us would rather just play in safer seas and be able to do all of the content that's PVE. While it's not quite the same I'm going to try to scratch my itch with skull and bones for now.

• @zaknafien2003 said in Why sink a ship in port?:

@wolfmanbush Thank you for the thoughtful response it is very good advice. Well I can't help how I feel or change it unfortunately

I am I'm sure if I wait longer the game will either become very less populated or the devs may realize that some of us would rather just play in safer seas and be able to do all of the content that's PVE. While it's not quite the same I'm going to try to scratch my itch with skull and bones for now.

My investment is trying to encourage people to keep adventuring, this game, another game, another hobby, I have no preference as long as the adventure continues.

We might not be in a situation where we change how we feel and not all experiences are compatible but there is a spot for you in the game even if you move on. It's not always an easy going ride to get there but it exists.

Wherever you go, I hope you find rewarding experiences, here, skull and bones, anywhere.

Публикации
Просмотры
14 из 15