Monkey island shanty-YouTube copyright issues

• So I have recently been having the issue of uploading my previous streams to YouTube. Specifically, when I play the monkey island sea shanty and there is an individual on YouTube who is laid copyright claim to this music. After reviewing an investigating, the person have seen other content creators have made videos about them that they fraudulently make copyright claims against their content even if they're playing a guitar or some musical instrument.
    I was wondering if anybody else is run across this in their uploads to YouTube. I have put in a ticket on sot and been referred to send an email to rare and after two emails I have still not heard any reply from them.
    As far as contacting YouTube for a fraudulent copyright claim I am at a loss all I get is that they do not get involved with claim disputes.

Skuba Gaming

Публикации
    Просмотры
  • Obligatory "I am not a lawyer" statement

But, you can file an appeal against any Copyright claims through YouTube themselves, further info is available here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2814000?hl=en#zippy=%2Cresolve-a-copyright-strike

• When the Monkey Island Tall Tale update happened the tune was on the title screen and streamers were warned not to accidentally stream the copyrighted music.

• I think this is an automated procress that just scans for Monkey Island music across youtube. Lucasarts, now being part of Disney, is going to have their content being flagged constantly.

There is a setting that disables copyright music so you can safely stream or create clips of the game without having to worry about getting a strike, but that also means that any Pirates of the Carribean or Monkey Island songs will not play at all.

• Not just the APL songs, but any of the audio narration too (noticed it when playing off stream one day, it was WEIRD)

• @thepretenduk thank you unfortunately I already have that active for my streams so I'm guessing this is just a oversight and I say that lightly that rare did not put it in the copyright selection so it's not being muted.

• The other half of this is the person making the claim is a criminal fraud, so he has no legitimate claim to any of the music he says he does "latinautorperf" so many videos on YouTube of content creators asking him why he has made false claims.

• @skuba2937 thing is, the monkey island theme is copyrighted by lucasarts, which in turn is owned by the Walt Disney corporation.

Technically they can copyright claim the tune, including any derived work.

• @callmebackdraft I agree however the person doing this is a "copyright troll" no connection to the actual work just hitting Creators up with false claims

• @skuba2937 if you are sure of that you can just counter claim

• @skuba2937 there is a setting in the audio settings that will mute copyrighted music if that helps. :)

alt text

• @legendary-liz already have that active but the shanty still plays through unfortunately I think it's fair use this person is just trolling anyone he can he is by far an artist or producer

Публикации
Просмотры
11 из 12