A Lost Treasure That Will Never Return...

• After many hours in this game you quickly learn that some things you never really appreciated cant be experienced again, and you start to miss it.

When i first started this game i found my self using the map for every little thing, even if i had been to the same outpost a dozen times from the island i was on, i needed the map to guide me to where i was going, and every time i found my self at an island i always found my self thinking as i pulled up, "OH! Its this place! I remember this place!".

Now when ever i get on, i hardly ever even glance at the map to find where im going, i get a quest and tend to just set sail because i know exactly where im going and exactly what it will look like. I even have a friend who is new to the game who semi mocks the fact that i dont need a map, but is also impressed at the fact. But as it stands, i absolutely miss the feeling of adventure and not knowing where im going until i am there.

If it was possible to forget the whole map and have to learn it again, i would be all for it to feel that sense of adventure and exploration again, and if a whole new map were to ever come i would absolutely love it over the current one just because it would give me a chance to appreciate an experience that i never thought twice about until it was gone.

To any who got this far in my rambling, thank you for reading through my sorrowful reminiscence! If there is anything that any of you wish you could experience as if you were new to the seas again, i would love to hear what experiences you miss.

Публикации
    Просмотры
  • Nice story,

I always use the map and leave my ship centered on it, to see any approaching reapers. I like to plan out my voyage ahead as well. And I am nowhere near learning all the small islands by heart, I still sometimes struggle to find 1 or 2 for a minute.

What I miss the most, is that feeling when going on the first voyage, having no clue what you will get, a true mystery! Wish we could get more surprised in this game these days and not to be able to know everything while playing.

First Kraken, First Meg good memories.

But if taken the 'first' experiences out of the discussion. I would have to say - game goals. Becoming a pirate legend, helping my girlfriend to become one, I truly wish they would increase faction reputation levels. I am maxed in all PVE ones and can't say I would care if anyone cared about them, but when I play and hand in chest after chest, I do miss that sound of watching the levels go up.

Currently I try to spend everything I earn and try to create my own goal. So my next one will probably be another DA set item, if I don't end up buying trinkets again or a chandelier for 1.5m for a ship that we don't even play often on -.-

• @goldsmen

A secondary new map would be great, preferably with more distance between islands.

Публикации
Просмотры
2 из 3