Gilded Phoenix Weapons

• Well, to be precise, I think it's a shame and I'm disappointed that the weapons can only be won. On the one hand, this adds a special rarity that you most likely wanted to create, but I still find it a shame that the weapons we've been waiting for for the past 16 months are pretty much impossible to get. I even made a community post 8 months ago to point out that we're missing the weapons that were already teased 16 months ago. Accordingly, I would suggest that you give away a bundle to all the people who worked to bring the guns into the game, in addition to the Twitch streamers, as the people would be very happy and appreciated for their effort and time. (https://www.seaofthieves.com/de/community/forums/topic/144634/gilded-phoenix-weapons/2) As I said, I would be very happy if they released the weapons again for everyone, or for everyone who have campaigned to bring them into the game give a set. Also it would be good if they twitch drops all the weapons for a day or for a shorter time to ensure the rarity of the set. This could also be done as an event on Halloween to celebrate this special day properly. I would be happy if you would consider my message and consider my proposal.

Публикации
    Просмотры
    questioncommunityfeedbackgeneral
  • If people feel passionately about this the only way to send a message is to not buy into what's happening

low supply, high demand
    low supply high effort

Not a great gamble considering it's entirely out of your hands but will take a lot of your time

If someone already enjoys what they are doing it makes sense to continue to do it but I wouldn't watch streams you wouldn't typically watch and I wouldn't get involved in what is happening right now where streamers have a code to dangle till the end of October and are basing odds on view time/increased odds with a sub.

Imo support what you like and don't support what you don't like.

There is nothing unethical about it but it's standard manipulation marketing. If someone just does what they are already doing then it's alright. It's more number padding for streamers and for the game engagement numbers with twitch. Just be informed on what you are participating in.

Something like what they do here on the forums with the capture a code for the obsidian stuff is a lot more genuine imo.

• @phoenix-tv-7 They should have created a new and special design for this, not remove parts of a set and make them unavailable.

• @lleorb said in Gilded Phoenix Weapons:

@phoenix-tv-7 They should have created a new and special design for this, not remove parts of a set and make them unavailable.

if they were chuckin' codes out left and right just to get some engagement going on for the end of the year I'd recommend it

but the super low supply and the golden ticket thing going on with streamers that have ONE code just isn't something that really makes a whole lotta sense for the one putting in the time and effort.

Far too lop sided to be something to throw support behind imo.

It's still gonna work anyway tho it pretty much always does lol

• I think this is great. Obsidian 6 packs are not even close to rare these days. Everyone has it.

This adds a new rare set to give away. I doubt this will be a one time thing.

It being a part of an already existing set makes it only better as people will want to have it.

I think this is great for SOT twitch overall.

• @thorumsu said in Gilded Phoenix Weapons:

I think this is great. Obsidian 6 packs are not even close to rare these days. Everyone has it.

It being a part of an already existing set makes it only better as people will want to have it.

lurkers on twitch has never done anything for creating organic activity within the game

if the game is switching over to padding stats for twitch streamers that dangle a code for as long as they can I guess this is good.

People don't seem to realize that the chickens come home to roost at some point with padded stats.

At some point the low organic activity isn't going to be able to be hid away under all of the padded stats that are being racked up.

• @wolfmanbush said in Gilded Phoenix Weapons:

@thorumsu said in Gilded Phoenix Weapons:

I think this is great. Obsidian 6 packs are not even close to rare these days. Everyone has it.

lurkers on twitch has never done anything for creating organic activity within the game

if the game is switching over to padding stats for twitch streamers that dangle a code for as long as they can I guess this is good.

People don't seem to realize that the chickens come home to roost at some point with padded stats.

At some point the low organic activity isn't going to be able to be hid away under all of the padded stats that are being racked up.

A lot of viewers come for the giveaways but stay.

I saw it happen a lot.

Sure, lurkers are the majority but there is no bad in a obsidian 6 pack 2.0

@wolfmanbush said in Gilded Phoenix Weapons:

@thorumsu said in Gilded Phoenix Weapons:

A lot of viewers come for the giveaways but stay.

I saw it happen a lot.

Sure, lurkers are the majority but there is no bad in a obsidian 6 pack 2.0

Unless they found a way to pay the bills with alliance server pve stats and relatively small social bubbles on twitch winter is coming with these stats that aren't turning into servers being filled with organic activity.

Which is entirely possible btw, a lot of this activity that doesn't do anything for the organic environment very well may be bringing in money and it'll just be a game with a dead organic environment but one where people alliance up, play in contrived combat scenarios, and click on stuff on the net. That is actually possible, unfortunate as heck imo, but possible.

• @wolfmanbush

So by your logic we should also remove Obsidian 6 packs and capstans?

(Or I may just be misunderstanding this)

@wolfmanbush

So by your logic we should also remove Obsidian 6 packs and capstans?

(Or I may just be misunderstanding this)

uh, no

I'd suggest to stop messing with people at this point and going forward. If it's a community that values community don't go so far into manipulation for activity that giveaways are how the final parts of sets are delivered. That messes with people and everyone knows it messes with people.

• I just wish they’d go back to buyable cosmetics that donate directly to the charity. I feel they raised more money with that method, reached a much larger audience, and gave people the opportunity to show in game that they support a specific cause.

I don't think I've ever disagreed with a post so much lol. They were teased as twitch drops at the beginning of Season two, only for them to be randomly released via giveaway out of the blue. How can someone like that?

It sucks but I guess it makes the precious streamers happy :)

• @phoenix-tv-7 agreed as the only way to win these r off streams with 5k+ viewers so odds of 1/5000 or more to win, there should be an ingame event, similar to how to OOS GH or spoulflame weapons were first introduced

• @bighaith Not true, I've seen streamers with less than 1000 and even 200 viewers giving away the gilded phoenix weaps.

Anyway I'm fine with the decision to add rarity to these weapons, as mentioned the obsidian stuff is fairly common now.

• @unleet1 Same here... the last one I saw was LazyBuzzard and he had around 100ish viewers at the time... And he was making sure they were in chat.

These will probably become as popular/widely seen as the Obsidian 6 pack in future but for now, they are a SoT TV Exclusive... But it probably won't be like that for long.

• @bighaith said in Gilded Phoenix Weapons:

@phoenix-tv-7 agreed as the only way to win these r off streams with 5k+ viewers so odds of 1/5000 or more to win, there should be an ingame event, similar to how to OOS GH or spoulflame weapons were first introduced

these aren't partner exclusive which means they already are and will be floating around random channels with random views if they at one time participate in an event where they get one to give away

smaller channels will hold on to them as long as they can to get view hours though so the smaller channels will often have the longer competition times (usually about a month) and may or may not be worth the hoops to jump through for the person looking for the set.

If they ever add it to the forums for the captcha a code thing I would go that route as those odds will be decent enough and the requirements are clean imo.

whatever streamers you do watch might end up getting one, you could just wait for that

If you don't watch streamers and don't wanna play that game I would just keep an eye out of the forums for competitions, one might pop up at some time.

• The codes for this set giveaway were given to people who participated in the 24 hour live charity stream, and only them so far. One of those people, for example, was a very small streamer who only had 7 views the whole time and he did his giveaway right before ending the stream. So you had a reasonable chance of winning this one and I am positive he isn't the only one who had good odds.

Публикации
Просмотры
questioncommunityfeedbackgeneral
9 из 17