Bluetooth Headphones + Sea of Thieves = Audio Problems [Mod edit]

• I sent in a ticket to ask about troubleshooting for an issue in-game. It's an audio problem and if you've ever tried to use bluetooth headphones in this game you probably know what I'm talking about. If you are a Windows 11 user, and try to open this game with bluetooth headphones on, it will cancel out audio from other sources like discord until you reconnect to discord, and it'll layer audio in a way that makes the quality nearly unbearable.

Now, Sea of Thieves isn't the only game with this issue, in fact, Chivalry 2 on STEAM has the same problem. It's a problem with how their voice comms are built into the game. There are games like DOTA, or Overwatch, or gee I don't know, about 100 or more titles that don't have this issue, but still have in game comms.

When I sent in a support ticket, I was given the same generic copy paste answer that I had found through hours of googling to fix my problem. When I said I had already tried these answers, and that they were outdated, not relevant, or just inadequate. They just said "well that's all we can do", and basically just shoved off the responsibility to Microsoft and the people who made the headphones, as if it was -their- fault.

Sea of Thieves support/devs need to acknowledge this issue, l

[Mod edit]

So I turn to the devs and ask "Can you just fix voice comms and how they interact with bluetooth devices on Windows 11?"

Публикации
    Просмотры
    questionfeedback
  • @mr-penlington this sounds like it has nothing to do with Rare...why should a hardware issue be theyr fault? I don't get it...

• @schwammlgott said in Bluetooth Headphones + Sea of Thieves = Audio Problems [Mod edit]:

@mr-penlington this sounds like it has nothing to do with Rare...why should a hardware issue be theyr fault? I don't get it...

Because it's not a hardware issue, it's how you enter the communications that are programmed into their game that cause the issue....

• @mr-penlington windows is notoriously bad with Bluetooth headphones designed for audio experiences rather than gaming.

I tried to move to Sony Xm4s awhile back, I wanted the Anc. They were great for music and video, but gaming? I've never had a worse experience and returned them.

What headset are you using?

• This is probably not related, but something similar.

My PC does not recognize USB properly. All the devices are connected via USB, however whenever I plug in my PS4 joystick, all audio stops working and windows recognizes it as a default audio device. If for some reason this does not happen, then my mouse gets affected. So if I make a longer break and forget about this problem, I always get baffled until I unplug the joystick.

Just wanted to share just in case, possibly playing around with USB connection ports and devices connected and finding alternatives could help?

• You can always get a better headset. I use a bluetooth one as well with W11 but I have a dongle that takes the signal from the headset. Never had a single issue nor heard about this being a problem prior to this post.

• @itz-majman Nope, it's definitely still a problem, because I've always had problems with Sea of Thieves and Bluetooth audio. I found this post because I was searching for yet another solution.

It's not a "better headset" issue, because every other game I own, literally every one of them, works fine with no changes.

I'm assuming it's something to do with their software "hijacking" audio devices to grab a communication device for the voice chat.

I can play a youtube video, start up the game, and hear the Sea of Thieves menu sounds perfectly fine, and when I click "Start Game" I lose all sound sources to my headphones. Exiting the game perfectly resumes the youtube audio. There's something poorly coded with regards to the game's interaction with Bluetooth audio devices.

• Bluetooth headphones are often of poor quality. Get wired ones is my recommendation.

Публикации
Просмотры
questionfeedback
5 из 8