What are the plans to deal with the newest Keg spawning cheats?

• Hi Rare, and Community members,

As an OCE player, we seem to have a history of having reasonably limited numbers of hacking/cheating players.
    Typically alot of the actions can be explained via a significant skill gap, and knowledge of how the animations and delays work in game, coupled with muscle memory and training.

Despite this, there is an active cheating community.

Since the Season 7 update - a brand new "Feature" has appeared in game.

You can be sailing in open water (nowhere near anything), passing a fort, or at an outpost - and all of a sudden BOOM.
    A keg that wasn't there 2 seconds ago, explodes on your deck, your mast, next to you in the water, or on the ground near you.
    And if that doesn't kill you - more are spawned / teleport in next to you/your ship.
    There has been occasion that this has been coupled with being sniped by a player after the boom to ensure your death.

Sometimes its nonstop kegging, standard, stronghold OR Athena - sometimes it's delayed, giving you a chance to repair, heal and "make progress" before the next massive explosion aboard your ship.

Whilst we are all aware there is no anti cheat currently in place, and that with each update - data miners and coders are able to adjust their program to get around changes made by Rare, this most recent "Feature" is significantly more disruptive to gameplay, than just being hunted down by an extremely accurate ship/crew.
    We have all become accustomed and used to this behavior - accepting it as a nuesence. Some of us report, and some of us don't bother.

(GT and Videos are reported and uploaded, however cheaters simply spoof their mac address, VPN/Alter their IP, and make a new $1 Xbox account within minutes, and have a new pirate, playing.... So the redbear bans arent viable).

Is there a Rare representative who can provide a tangible response to this new "feature" of teleporting/spawning (?whilst already armed) explosives?

(i've heard rumors that the cheaters are walkign above the sky and are dropping the kegs onto you.... but have not seen this)

Публикации
    Просмотры
    questionwindows 10feedback
  • I hope the situation is defused.

alt text

• @wolfmanbush said in What are the plans to deal with the newest Keg spawning cheats?:

I hope the situation is defused.

It will be blown out of the waters eventually.

• Since the Season 7 update - a brand new "Feature" has appeared in game.

Ummm I believe its been a thing much longer. And it isn't cheats or hacks/Mods. It simple weird ingame physics.

But you have to admit, it pretty funny to witness.

• Sad cause I'm on xbox preferred and I never get to see hax. 😅

• @pithyrumble - untick that option if you really want to see it :)

• @burnbacon, What are the plans to deal with the newest Keg spawning cheats? içinde yazdı:

Since the Season 7 update - a brand new "Feature" has appeared in game.

Ummm I believe its been a thing much longer. And it isn't cheats or hacks/Mods. It simple weird ingame physics.

But you have to admit, it pretty funny to witness.

Nope. I never encountered the hack myself but I did play with those keg physics. There is no way someone can use it to hit a ship in middle of the ocean. Especially since you have to light it (Unless you are talking about a diffrent physic trick).

They are talking about a hack that Lets you walk in the sky and dropping kegs on boats. A now deleted video showed it.

• @burnbacon stacking an athena on top of a floating athena and sniping it - yes fun.

What im talking about is not that.

• never encountered it
    it may be a bug

• @chaarley81 said in What are the plans to deal with the newest Keg spawning cheats?:

As an OCE player --- You can be sailing in open water .... and all of a sudden BOOM.

I'm OCE, and yep, this happened to us a week ago. We had a lvl5 reaper up, loads to sell, and suddenly ninja kegs. We hadn't seen another boat for 2 hours. Didn't see any pirates, nor the kegs. All veterans on the boat, some since launch, never experienced anything like it.

• This just happened to me, I have been careful and there were no ships in the horizon and a random guy shows up and starts killing me over and over again. I don't mind that he killed me or the language but after I killed him he just said that he would be back. Two minutes later he shows up on my sloop with a keg and blows it up. Of course I kept looking around while sailing in the middle of the ocean and there were no ships or any other threat.

• it happened to me and i also clipped it, but i dont understand what happened

• @chaarley81
    Ive had that happen to me.
    They'll never fix it. We still have queues where we get lazybearded waiting for a match over a month out.

• @hungry-owl3438

I can lose patience with the devs, but I will not be inconsiderate to the fact they are working individuals and deserve holiday breaks.

Unsurprisingly, December to January is the worst time to play the game because the devs are on a 2-week holiday vacation from the office due to Christmas and New Years, and won't be developing any parts of the game during their break. The next update to the game will likely come with the next upcoming adventure, and with it, another emporium refresh, and potentially an update to fix issues and enhance the current experience.

We are however, still waiting for about 4 weeks for the game to release a new update while the devs are not in office for 2 of those weeks. What the results of these upcoming updates will be can be discussed after the update releases.

• As this thread was months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

If you believe a player has been toxic in the game or suspect foul play, you can report them to Xbox Live here. You can also submit a support ticket via Rare Player Support.

Публикации
Просмотры
questionwindows 10feedback
10 из 16