Best quests etc. for an old Athena's fortune player?

• Hi everyone!

I got to athena level 10 around 2-3 years ago and have recently started playing the game again (in the last week or two) after a long time without playing. A lot of new voyages and stuff have been added since then and I was just wondering how I should go about playing in order to get the most amount of money, and also the best ways to get athena reputation. Basically to summarise:

1. What are the best voyages/methods for making lots of money
    2. What are the best ways of achieving high reputation in athenas fortune
    3. What is the best thing to do when I have a limited time to play the game (e.g. 30-60 mins), because I often don't have time to play long enough to complete a whole athena voyage.

It's also worth mentioning that a lot of the time I play as a solo sloop, so I would be grateful if all suggestions given are easily possible as a solo player, although anything else would be appreciated too as I sometimes play with friends.

Any other tips/advice regarding anything that has been added within the last 2 years would also be greatly appreciated :)

Публикации
    Просмотры
  • You should do the new Legend of the Veil Athena Quest. Gives about 100 to 120 k gold at rank 5, which is guaranteed, best reputation boost and can be done within 25 to 30 mins solo if you’re familiar to the game. Plus it’s fun.

• veils over and over and over again

by far the most efficient and least difficult/time consuming

Having gone through it all over the years I can assure you at this point in time there are no better option than veils for athena

If you ever get stuck on something or need some help in game with something specific on this topic let me know and I'd be happy to be a resource during your climb.

• @fred-fisheye said in Best quests etc. for an old Athena's fortune player?:

You should do the new Legend of the Veil Athena Quest. Gives about 100 to 120 k gold at rank 5, which is guaranteed, best reputation boost and can be done within 25 to 30 mins solo if you’re familiar to the game. Plus it’s fun.

^This^

Even without the Emissary flag it's 3-5k per item. Level 2 after stage one and level 4 after stage two. Cashing in early if you have to go makes a good bit too.

• @tomr44 said in Best quests etc. for an old Athena's fortune player?:

Hi everyone!

I got to athena level 10 around 2-3 years ago and have recently started playing the game again (in the last week or two) after a long time without playing. A lot of new voyages and stuff have been added since then and I was just wondering how I should go about playing in order to get the most amount of money, and also the best ways to get athena reputation. Basically to summarise:

1. What are the best voyages/methods for making lots of money

As a solo who doesn't want a fight, Merchant emissary and lost shipment voyages (~100k gold in about 20 minutes if you are efficient) As a solo who doesn't mind a fight if it comes to it (Reaper emissary and the new phantom fortresses, specifically alternate the two in the south and west of the Ancient Isles region)

1. What are the best ways of achieving high reputation in athenas fortune

Legend of the Veil. If you have time, you can do one and sell/grab your emissary voyage, lower and raise emissary flag and start another, continue until you have multiple emissary voyages and likely have multiple stages on the same islands then complete all the emissary voyages)

1. What is the best thing to do when I have a limited time to play the game (e.g. 30-60 mins), because I often don't have time to play long enough to complete a whole athena voyage.

Legend of the Veil and just don't worry about finishing it if you don't have the time. As a pretty decently efficient solo, I can do one on average in 45 minutes from start to turn in as grade 5 Athena. Depends heavily on if you are getting hunted though. Non-athena/for gold, just do Phantom Fortresses as either a Gold Hoarder or Reaper emissary.

It's also worth mentioning that a lot of the time I play as a solo sloop, so I would be grateful if all suggestions given are easily possible as a solo player, although anything else would be appreciated too as I sometimes play with friends.

Any other tips/advice regarding anything that has been added within the last 2 years would also be greatly appreciated :)

Watch out for and hoard chainshots, they will get you out of a bind or put you in one depending on if you are on the receiving end or giving. Also, blunder bomb with the cannon any ship to get them off guns/mast repairs.

• agreed 100%

Публикации
Просмотры
5 из 6