We Need To Be Able To Paint Our Ships!

• One of my biggest letdowns when the game came out a month ago went something like this,
    "Wait, you're telling me I can't choose the color of my ship and sails?!?"
    Don't get me wrong, the different designs they currently have are neat, but you don't get to pick any colors! What happened to all the colors from the alphas and betas? What if we just want a green ship? Or just a black ship? Or perhaps a red ship with white railing?
    I think we should be able to buy paint/dye for our ships and sails. AND I think we should be able to individually paint/dye 5 different parts of the ship.

alt text

1-Hull
    2-Trim
    3-Railings
    4-Sails
    5-Secondary Sails (and Sloop Canopy)

This feature could even be made more interactive than the current ship customization chest. How?
    alt text
    Yeah. The bucket.
    When you buy paint/dye, the shipwright asks to fill your bucket. Then ... TADA
    alt text
    Your bucket is filled and ready for you to bring over to your ship to paint.
    Heck, if they added a paint brush you needed to buy to paint your ship, that could be even better. They already have the art for the brush laying around somewhere from that announcement they did a couple months ago.

So me hearties, which of ye desire to have yer ships painted!? Can I hear an AYE?

Postagens
    Visualizações
  • Great idea matey!

• @sappyelephante YES! 1000% yes please!

Something that I'd also love to add is a few interior customizations and ship skins. For instance, I'd love to make my ship look more like a fishing ship. Maybe have a shark hanging in the air, a few fishing nets on deck, a chum bucket, stuff like that.

• @geekster-t other ship accessories like that would be awesome too! I like your fishing themed ideas. Anything to help it feel like your ship

• @sappyelephante Definitely like this idea. It would make each design feel slightly more unique by allowing players to choose their colours and help differentiate ships on the seas.

• @stacky-a said in We Need To Be Able To Paint Our Ships!:

@sappyelephante Definitely like this idea. It would make each design feel slightly more unique by allowing players to choose their colours and help differentiate ships on the seas.

Exactly!

Also, can anyone help me find that image Rare made that has the paint brush in it? I think it had something to do with a beta announcement, so maybe they took it down... It's really similar in style to this one, except there was a guy with white paint and another guy drinking out of a barrel I think.
    alt text

• @sappyelephante

I agree with everything, but I'd change the options of what could be painted to:

1. Hull
    2. Trim
    3. Railings
    4. Sails
    5. Secondary Sails (and Sloop Canopy)

The reasoning behind this is I'd like the trim along the side of the hull to be different from the railings. The secondary sails refer to the Galleon, but it could also act as an option for coloring the sloop canopy separately from the main sail.

• I have the feeling people would draw phallic imagery on their boats constantly. Call it immature, but if you’ve never been to a party where someone fell asleep you wouldn’t understand.

• @kall-sands said in We Need To Be Able To Paint Our Ships!:

I have the feeling people would draw phallic imagery on their boats constantly. Call it immature, but if you’ve never been to a party where someone fell asleep you wouldn’t understand.

This made me chuckle a little bit. If you look back at the OP, though, I was talking about painting your ship different colors -- not introducing the ability to paint designs on your ship. Cause ya, if you could paint designs on there the sausages would be in abundance... Lol Sorry if that wasn't clear.

• @geekster-t I really like this idea just some small thing to change and swap that would really personalise peoples ships

• Everyone would probably be sailing around in all-black ships..

• @sappyelephante I think you should buy the designs and choose there colours (at least) The ship customisation let me down a bit its very lacking

• Aye captain!

• @subaqueousreach said in We Need To Be Able To Paint Our Ships!:

@sappyelephante

I agree with everything, but I'd change the options of what could be painted to:

1. Hull
    2. Trim
    3. Railings
    4. Sails
    5. Secondary Sails (and Sloop Canopy)

The reasoning behind this is I'd like the trim along the side of the hull to be different from the railings. The secondary sails refer to the Galleon, but it could also act as an option for coloring the sloop canopy separately from the main sail.

OP has been updated with @subaqueousReach 's suggested options. Thanks matey!
    alt text

• @sappyelephante I saw the title and came in skeptical, but I must say I agree this would have been nice. Would be nice to repaint my ships hull after hitting 50 islands...

• @sappyelephante said in We Need To Be Able To Paint Our Ships!:

@kall-sands said in We Need To Be Able To Paint Our Ships!:

I have the feeling people would draw phallic imagery on their boats constantly. Call it immature, but if you’ve never been to a party where someone fell asleep you wouldn’t understand.

This made me chuckle a little bit. If you look back at the OP, though, I was talking about painting your ship different colors -- not introducing the ability to paint designs on your ship. Cause ya, if you could paint designs on there the sausages would be in abundance... Lol Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I figured, I was just making a joke. I like the idea though.

• I think it would work if it was more of a dye system as seen in games (like Assassin's Creed) - you buy the design style still for your given faction, but you can choose from a range of different colours within that design.

• I want to be able to customize each individual sail on the galleon, each sail would have its own colour and emblem! Please rare! I want the look as if my ships been sinking and stealing other ships sails!

• @hellzheadsdown said in We Need To Be Able To Paint Our Ships!:

@sappyelephante I saw the title and came in skeptical, but I must say I agree this would have been nice. Would be nice to repaint my ships hull after hitting 50 islands...

When I made this post I was mainly thinking about buying paint to choose the color of your ship, but buying paint to repair your ship's look during a session would be really neat too. Especially for screen shot purposes :D

@FenrirsFury each individual sail on the galleon!?! That'd be one way to become a Legend. lol FenrirsFury, Captain of the Pot o' Gold. Fer ye would be found at the end of a rainbow.

• @sappyelephante This is a clever idea because it makes your ship feel like its YOUR'S rather than another lump of wood you couldn't care less if it sunk. I also think it would be cool if you could tar your ship so as to reduce leaks and the rate your ship fills up. I don't think it should be proper painting rather more a point and click sort of thing to reduce inconvenience for players and make it more user friendly.

• We got more ship customizations today, which is good! I kind of think it's silly that you have to be in different regions to buy the things, but I'll get used to it.
    Still no ability to choose your ship's colors, though. :(
    Please, Rare?

Postagens
Visualizações
20 de 21