"Gaming Features Not Available" In Game Bar Now (Steam Version)

• It seems something has changed with Sea of Thieves and it's no longer being recognised as a game in Game Bar.

Myself and my crewmate are both having this issue since today (though neither of us have played the last couple of days). We're both on Steam but completely different specs machines.

When I try to record a clip of the game (last 3 minutes for example), it pops up to enable Gaming Features but the setting doesn't stick and it won't record clips. Same thing with the "remember this is a game" within the settings on Game Bar, it just unticks itself now.

"Start recording" does work, just clipping the last however long doesn't.

I've tried looking for a Game Bar update and I've tried resetting the app. In addition, I've confirmed it does still work with other games. This feature was absolutely working recently, even after the EAC update.

It would be nice if this can be fixed, as clipping is very useful if we need to report something - a bug or another player, for example.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: confirmed that this issue isn't the case with the MS Store version of the game, only the Steam version has lost this feature

Edit 2: It does also affect the MS Store version of the game, but intermittently it seems. On that version, it won't grey out the option to record and does appear to have Gaming Features on... However, if you try to record a clip, it may not actually do it.

Edit 3: Noticed that Game Bar actually had an update on March 21st (for some reason the MS Store wasn't showing me this when I checked initially) which was the exact day my crewmate and I noticed the issue.

Edit 4: Just did the most recent update to Game Bar from the MS Store (March 27th), this did not fix the issue, unfortunately.

Postagens
    Visualizações
  • I'm experiencing the exact same issue. I've repair reset and cleared all the data and cache of the game bar and still nothing. It really sucks cause looking for group was the only way I could find people to play with

• I got a response from Support, basically saying the issue has been passed onto the team for testing. Hopefully they can figure it out.

It's a weird one, and appears to be only affecting Sea of Thieves.

I tested some other games on Steam and they all worked fine and I was able to record clips - Lightyear Frontier, Portal 2, Escape Academy, Party Animals, Fall Guys.

With the exception of Lightyear Frontier, they were all automatically recognised as games and Gaming Features was turned on by default.

With Lightyear Frontier, I had to click on the option to get Game Bar to recognise it as a game but the setting saved correctly (unlike with Sea of Thieves) and everything worked after that - but that's an Early Access game so may have something to do with that.

Fall Guys even uses Easy Anti-Cheat, and that did not have any problems whatsoever being picked up. Notifications even popped up to say the clips were recorded. So we can't even blame EAC on this one.

• Hello
    I've the same issue
    did all the reset and stuff nothing is working ..

• Having the exact same issue, Sadly.
    Whenever I try to click the setting to allow recording, it just flickers and turns off.

• I've already put in a bug report for this issue, so Rare are aware of it. But I suggest anyone else with the problem to also submit a ticket. The more people do it, the more likely it will be looked at.

It may be Game Bar needs an update or it could be to do with the game. If it's Game Bar, I am hoping Rare will get in touch with their Microsoft colleagues to see what's happening there. While EAC is not directly to blame, it could be all the configuration Rare did to get that functioning has messed up the game's ID or something.

So, yeah, if you can't record clips or use LFG on Game Bar, Gaming Features not being available is the reason.

• Here's hoping this issue gets fixed. I've done everything short of a fresh windows install, to no avail.
    Rare is down a paying player, a once happy camper, is now frusterated, and disinterested in playing. Now is your chance to make your own crew creation hub Rare, take the oportunity.

• Thank gosh it's not just me. I tried everything from repair, uninstall, etc to no avail. Glad I came across this post. I realized today, it was only SoT it was doing this with. It all made sense after I realized that 😂. Anyway, following to see if there's an update....eventually 🤷🏻‍♂️

• @realstyli game bar is mostly broken for me. Has been for months. No amount of updates or reinstalls fixes any of the issues. Microsoft needs to sort it out.

• @qu1etone said in "Gaming Features Not Available" In Game Bar Now (Steam Version):

@realstyli game bar is mostly broken for me. Has been for months. No amount of updates or reinstalls fixes any of the issues. Microsoft needs to sort it out.

It's been broken for me and my friend since the March 21st Game Bar update specifically. So it is most likely a Microsoft issue but, as it's only affecting Sea of Thieves (as others have also noted), Rare need to communicate that there is a problem there with their colleagues at MS to get it sorted.

Postagens
Visualizações
6 de 10