Same Faction Battles

• I’d rather wait in longer queue times than getting no credit for sinking a ship. Sinking same faction ships gives you no progress towards commendations and it doesn’t even give me rep. Not to mention, a majority of the battles in now fighting are against the same faction. Fix it or remove it.

Postagens
    Visualizações
  • Sinking same faction ships gives you no progress towards commendations

But does it go toward your Level so you can still earn those Curses in the end? I dont know, havn't given it a try myself.

But hey...people got what they desired. More Pvp using hourglass, at cost of no rep.

Maybe try "Defending"

• @mysticaleyeba1l said in Same Faction Battles:

I’d rather wait in longer queue times than getting no credit for sinking a ship. Sinking same faction ships gives you no progress towards commendations and it doesn’t even give me rep. Not to mention, a majority of the battles in now fighting are against the same faction. Fix it or remove it.

it gives rep. the rep in game isnt always updating. logging in and out will show you the updated level. also here: https://www.seaofthieves.com/profile/reputation

• @burnbacon

What about the people who already earned their curses?

There is a commendation for sinking 500 rival ships in battle. It doesn’t track on same faction battles. I also can’t get broken emissary flags to complete the commendations. The mysterious stranger doesn’t accept Athena Fortune flags.

Only half of the commendations track. Only people who don’t have the curses benefit from this same faction battle. If given the option, I would opt out of same faction battles.

• @burnbacon a dit dans Same Faction Battles :

Maybe try "Defending"

Won't change the issue. We can't get progress towards commendations if the game just matches us vs. same faction. Attack or defend.

• @coffeelight5545 said in Same Faction Battles:

@burnbacon

What about the people who already earned their curses?

There is a commendation for sinking 500 rival ships in battle. It doesn’t track on same faction battles. I also can’t get broken emissary flags to complete the commendations. The mysterious stranger doesn’t accept Athena Fortune flags.

Only half of the commendations track. Only people who don’t have the curses benefit from this same faction battle. If given the option, I would opt out of same faction battles.

With the ammount of ships required to hit 1000, even if 60% were same faction fights, you would get your 500 rival faction sinks. You also only need 100 flags which is not many, but those could be handed in for the other side if working on both sides of the commendations. The only thing I dont like about "Too Many to Count" for Guardians and "Rack them Up" for Servants is in the same faction fights they dont count for the other side. They also fixed the commendations that weren't tracking unless you were the oldest crew memeber on the boat.

• @captain-coel

It will take years to get to 1000. If I wasn’t a commendation hunter, I wouldn’t care how long it takes.

I wish for an opt out feature. Once I have all the commendations completed, then I would switch to same faction battles.

• @coffeelight5545 the opt out doesn't serve overall matchmaking. it usually only occurs when the lack of opponents is there.

Right now if you can not find a match based on the ELO against the opposite faction it will start to open up to opponents outside your skill range and on the same side. It will prioritize a same faction fight of similar skill rather than that of a different faction lopsided fight.

Once Cross-Stamp fights can happen it will become much easier to find rival faction opponents of correct skill.

And if your commendstion hunting the 500 rivals after the curse is already a slog that will get you about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way to 1000.

I'm not too concerned though. Again I just wish it counted for Athena when I sink a servant as a servant.

Postagens
Visualizações
3 de 8