Skeleton Fleet Event

• So I just tried this on a sloop…2 of us….we had zero time between rounds to gather any loot or supplies…constant galleons spawning…this needs to be fixed asap…we need time between rounds to gather stuff…ended up running out of cannon balls because it was taking sooooo nany to drop the galleons…also needs fixing…shouldnt take 30 cannon balls…had to leave event because of issues

Postagens
    Visualizações
  • I've soloed this event while collecting every piece of loot from all ships. It's tedious, but entirely possible.

• @madfrito99 said in Skeleton Fleet Event:

So I just tried this on a sloop…2 of us….we had zero time between rounds to gather any loot or supplies…constant galleons spawning…this needs to be fixed asap…we need time between rounds to gather stuff…ended up running out of cannon balls because it was taking sooooo nany to drop the galleons…also needs fixing…shouldnt take 30 cannon balls…had to leave event because of issues

Not trying to lessen your view of your own skills, but I have done 80-100 of those events solo to get the legendary cannons…many times yes having to face triple sloops in a wave or double galleons (almost always the last wave will be double galleon)

Skeleton galleons like all galleons are easy if you know where to hit them. Lower deck shots, stay out of their broadside and firebomb their cannon deck when you find yourself in their broadside keeps them from returning fire for a time.

The event doesn’t need adjusting. Any easier and it would just be a Flameheart fleet with mindless ghost ship drones swapped for skeleton ones.

• Funny you say that...My buddy and I just did the fleet on a sloop (including a random skeleton sloop that spawned on us as we were entering the fleet) and had zero problem collecting all the loot and supplies. Took maybe 20 minutes.

Fleet is the fastest Grade 5 Reaper in the game.

In all seriousness, the next wave will usually spawn as you collect the loot (unless you're really close to rocks). Just gotta tank a handful of shots and harpoon like the dickens. It's not that bad at all.

So I just tried this on a sloop…2 of us….we had zero time between rounds to gather any loot or supplies…constant galleons spawning…this needs to be fixed asap…we need time between rounds to gather stuff…ended up running out of cannon balls because it was taking sooooo nany to drop the galleons…also needs fixing…shouldnt take 30 cannon balls…had to leave event because of issues

I'll point to the other responses in this thread as evidence that this event is completely doable for experienced players. I can do this solo, though it's considerably easier with a friend on board.

Here's how you can improve your own ability:

• Loot the outpost when you first load into a server. This isn't necessary (you can tackle a skeleton fleet with the starting supplies), but it does give you a decent buffer of supplies that you can fall back on as you're learning.

• Follow @kommodoreyenser advice about shooting cannonballs below the waterline and setting the cannoneers on fire.

• Identify and prioritize threats. Skeleton galleons are more dangerous than sloops. Ships that fire cursed cannonballs that paralyze the crew or ship take priority over those that merely annoy you.

• Be aware of how durable sloops are. It takes a surprisingly long time for a sloop to fill with water and sink. You don't need to drop everything and rush to make repairs when you first start taking damage (though, you shouldn't ignore it either). One person can keep a sloop afloat even if there's a catastrophic amount of damage, which can allow your buddy to manage other tasks (this is why it's easier if you have a friend).

You're on the right track, especially if you're harpooning the supply crates that come from sunk vessels, so keep at it and you'll improve in no time!

• @limbicfanatic and to go along with this, if you're solo and understand that the mechanics of the skeleton ships means the are always in motion, you can take advantage of that. When I'm solo and feeling lazy, you can hang out in the rocks, tank shots, turtle, and fire the occasional cannonball, and complete the Fleet with under 40 cannonballs easily. They will constantly run into rocks and take lower-deck holes if you make them.

It's a blessing and a disappointment that the Fleet is as easy as it is.

Phuzzy actually has a pretty good video on how to solo the event. If you apply the lessons from that video to being a duo sloop, you can absolutely crush the event.

• https://i.imgur.com/X6OgaT0.mp4

this is my tutorial on how to solo fleets

fleets are by far the best example of "if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball"

No pvper will ever do to you what a fleet during naval combat has the ability to do to you.

The chaos will make you stronger with practice

• so what i see is a few amazing elite pirates then? give me a break…very few can solo a skeleton fleet on a sloop…i am very experienced…when u get nothing but almost all galleons ur bound to lose…this needs adjusting period…why are there no skeleton brigs? that would help things

• we had zero time between rounds to gather any loot or supplies…constant galleons spawning…this needs to be fixed asap

I’ve soloed this “world event”
    All the time to finish it and gather resources. One good thing to always do, preparing one self.
    Another….you can simply sail away! And stop at a nearby island or outpost and come back.

am very experienced…when u get nothing but almost all galleons ur bound to lose

“Very experienced” yet here you are asking for a retool of a simple project.

Very simple. Again. You can prepare yourself. Even as you lose you get back up and try again.
    Most the time players don’t bother with this event. So you be okie about other players.

Prepare, overcome, adapt. Move on

so what i see is a few amazing elite pirates then? give me a break…very few can solo a skeleton fleet on a sloop…i am very experienced…when u get nothing but almost all galleons ur bound to lose…this needs adjusting period…why are there no skeleton brigs? that would help things

Everyone can practice which is what people that get better at something do

fleets as they stand are an incredible resource for building a well rounded pirate.

They offer to opportunity to practice everything naval, repairing during intensity, prioritizing, captaining, keeping calm

Fleets don't board you, they don't talk on mics, they don't spam in game messages. It's an intense drama free resource when done without cheesing.

Pretty much all of my abilities came from using fleets as practice. Best event in the game for building skill imo

I've done 2-5 a day solo for over 2 years now. Incredibly valuable resource. So much can be learned from the experience about yourself and about finding the best way to be efficient in combat.

You are capable of handling it, just gonna take reps and dedication.

• @wolfmanbush you are missing the point…i am making this suggestion for the average player…of course it can be soloed if you “get good”, play long enough, etc. i am suggesting a better balance…if you are on a sloop then only sloops and maybe new brigs spawn…with 1 galleon as the boss at the end…they definitely should add skeleton brigs. having to fire 30+ cannon balls into a skeleton galleon is ridiculous if your on a sloop…balancing is definitely needed for the AVERAGE player

@wolfmanbush you are missing the point…i am making this suggestion for the average player…of course it can be soloed if you “get good”, play long enough, etc. i am suggesting a better balance…if you are on a sloop then only sloops and maybe new brigs spawn…with 1 galleon as the boss at the end…they definitely should add skeleton brigs. having to fire 30+ cannon balls into a skeleton galleon is ridiculous if your on a sloop…balancing is definitely needed for the AVERAGE player

It's a world event not a voyage. It should maintain a difficulty standard otherwise the risk doesn't flow with the reward

People get to pick and choose what they want to do. If it's too difficult currently for someone then they can work up to that skill level.

Pirates should build up to take on more difficult situations rather than having difficult situations brought down to them while they are still learning and improving.

There isn't anything to climb for when peaks are lowered for people and there isn't anything for them to test themselves with.

World events are peaks and tests for pve

• @wolfmanbush your missing the one issue. most people are in sloops…3 cannons vs 1…huge disadvantage from the get go…on top of the skeletons aim bot they have…its very hard to complete a skeleton fleet with a sloop…ive done it…without sinking…but maybe just maybe they more brigs instead of galleons it will give a better overall balance and make the galleon the final ship you face

Funny as a buddy and I started one of these Sunday and I finished it up solo when he had to go, even after being attacked by another player while doing so while dealing with dual galleons. Nothing to fix, just work on your strategy and shot placement. You need to be well prepared for this event in terms of supplies and there is nothing stopping you from disengaging to restock then return as it doesn't restart from scratch.

And before you try to discount this recollection as us being "elite" players, you can just stop right there. As flattering as it is, I do not equate with being an "elite" player when it comes to combat - decent, experienced and smart yes, but not "elite". And my friend I played with is a very casual player who rarely gets on.

Also I believe this is the first time we/I had actually accomplished this. Any other fleet completions I may have were only earned because I hit a shot or two on a fleet ship that another crew completed. I generally don't attempt these being solo most of the time, but have become emboldened of late after taking down a few wandering galleons solo and felt like getting into some action with the limited time I had playing with my old friend.

Stick with it, you'll figure it out. It is supposed to be a challenge, not a walk in the park. No need to dumb it down any further.

• Skelly fleet is easy enough as it is. Don't sit on there broadside, raise sail, out turn them and you can get them in position where you can turn continuously while firing into the front of the galleon, fire bomb them to kill the deck skelly's and even use cursed cannon balls, they work.

so what i see is a few amazing elite pirates then? give me a break…very few can solo a skeleton fleet on a sloop…i am very experienced…when u get nothing but almost all galleons ur bound to lose…this needs adjusting period…why are there no skeleton brigs? that would help things

It’s not that anyone is an elite pirate. You are clearly overestimating your experience if you can’t duo a skelly fleet when many can do it solo just fine. There’s literally nothing wrong with it. The one thing I’ll agree with is that skeleton brigantines would be cool.

• You can just win the event with 1 cannonball, I did it so many times. Go with your ship under the cloud, trigger the event, shoot 1 cannonball to a ship, run away to a safe heading that grants you a visual on the ships. If there is no one around, the ship AI makes them hit all the nearby rocks, causing them to sink in no time due to the fact that skellies can't bucket. Go with a rowboat to grab the stuff as soon as you see the ships sinking. Sell the stuff.

• @blazebeard2313 said in Skeleton Fleet Event:

You can just win the event with 1 cannonball, I did it so many times. Go with your ship under the cloud, trigger the event, shoot 1 cannonball to a ship, run away to a safe heading that grants you a visual on the ships. If there is no one around, the ship AI makes them hit all the nearby rocks, causing them to sink in no time due to the fact that skellies can't bucket. Go with a rowboat to grab the stuff as soon as you see the ships sinking. Sell the stuff.

I would recommend engaging in it over cheesing it not only to gain experience but because cheesing it is unpredictable and inconsistent.

Time is money but also time is risk. Some fleets get glitched out and take much longer to do the cheese way. Some despawn and respawn and that ship needs to be dealt with all over again. This creates a scenario where the risk due to time makes the cheese method inefficient.

Fleets are one of the more popular events to ambush/lurk around so consistency through engaging is going to yield more consistent results long term.

@wolfmanbush your missing the one issue. most people are in sloops…3 cannons vs 1…huge disadvantage from the get go…on top of the skeletons aim bot they have…its very hard to complete a skeleton fleet with a sloop…ive done it…without sinking…but maybe just maybe they more brigs instead of galleons it will give a better overall balance and make the galleon the final ship you face

Again, not an issue as the fleets were nerfed long ago to account for ship size. You weren't around when all they spawned were galleons, regardless of the ship size.

You also need to remember (or in your case, be made aware) that these initially were set up for several ships to take down cooperatively when released. They are meant to be a challenge, though now are nerfed to the point of being very manageable with a single ship...even a sloop.

• @dlchief58 nerfed? no way…everytime i go to one on a sloop its non stop galleons…so no way its nerfed

@dlchief58 nerfed? no way…everytime i go to one on a sloop its non stop galleons…so no way its nerfed

We just did one - two waves: 2 galleons and galleon and sloop.
    We had ample time to get the loot of those two before the next wave. The captain sunk first, my friend picked up that loot while I put holes in the sloop :) it sunk at almost the same place as the captain.

Didn't there used to be 3 waves ? Or did another crew did the first bit while we picked up the Ashen Lord Loot and sold a bit ? We didn't see anybody but a brigantine on one island over.

Edit: realised we were on Kraken's Fall and had to walk across half the island (east side) to put the loot on the sloop; so during that time Kraken could have been dealt with and fleet started I guess.

In my memory waves spawned with considerable less time in between though.

I've soloed it using the "hide beside a large island/rock" technique. Had a few stacks of balls and boards going into it. They'd go around and I'd take potshots as they went by. Ate, repaired, adjusted position while they were on the backside of the island. On an Xbox one 😆

It's not a feat of skill, more of patience and hard headedness.

I don't think you'd like fighting a skelly brig though 🤔😏

Remember when Skelly Gallies could spawn on sloopers? That was fun. Bring that back 😋

• @madfrito99 skeleton fleets have been in the game for years and years now, no need to adjust them. many people can solo them and there is enough proof from well known players like beardageddon for instance.

there is a reason there are rock formations near any and all fleet regions, use them to your advantage. doable solo, easily done on duo sloop.

• Just here to say that if you do find yourself in their broadsides, and you don't have firebombs handy to take out the cannoneers, you can still cannon-snipe their cannoneers as a last resort - one cannonball per enemy if you hit close enough to them. Takes some practice, but being able to snipe enemies on board their own ship with a cannonball to the head is a valuable skill. It does eat up cannonballs like crazy, and without really doing any damage to their ship, but it can give you a few seconds of reprief. This is especially useful if you see a cannoneer preparing to shoot a cursed cannonball, as those can totally flip the tables - just keep shooting that particular cannon clear of skellies (you'll see purple misty particles coming out of the front of the cannon).

• @madfrito99 sagte in Skeleton Fleet Event:

If you need to many cannonballs, you are not aiming right...if you only hit the upper deck they won't ever sink...aim for the lower deck or use ballast balls...
    There is nothing that needs a fix there...I can solo them and get most of the loot...

The only thing I agree with is, that it would be nice to have a little bit more time between the waves...but not neccessary

@wolfmanbush you are missing the point…i am making this suggestion for the average player…of course it can be soloed if you “get good”, play long enough, etc. i am suggesting a better balance…if you are on a sloop then only sloops and maybe new brigs spawn…with 1 galleon as the boss at the end…they definitely should add skeleton brigs. having to fire 30+ cannon balls into a skeleton galleon is ridiculous if your on a sloop…balancing is definitely needed for the AVERAGE player

I actually prefer the 2-galleon-wave over the 3-sloop-waves...even solo

• I did a lot of fleets solo while I was grinding my legendary cannons, they’re hard but doable. And if you have another crewmate with you it’s a breeze.

Only times it’s been difficult with two of us is when the Gally’s start spamming emote balls, then that can get a little hairy.

Also yes, fleets have been nerfed since they use to just be Galleons. Although I do think we’re overdo for some Skelly Brigs.

@wolfmanbush your missing the one issue. most people are in sloops…3 cannons vs 1…huge disadvantage from the get go…on top of the skeletons aim bot they have…its very hard to complete a skeleton fleet with a sloop…ive done it…without sinking…but maybe just maybe they more brigs instead of galleons it will give a better overall balance and make the galleon the final ship you face

Aimbot of skeletons? When skellies fight against brigs or galleons, yes, they aim very well then...but against sloops, those skellies miss very many shots...theyr aim has been nerfed down for sloops since the first weeks of the flameheart fleet addition...

• @dlchief58 sagte in Skeleton Fleet Event:

@madfrito99 said in Skeleton Fleet Event:

Again, not an issue as the fleets were nerfed long ago to account for ship size. You weren't around when all they spawned were galleons, regardless of the ship size.

You also need to remember (or in your case, be made aware) that these initially were set up for several ships to take down cooperatively when released. They are meant to be a challenge, though now are nerfed to the point of being very manageable with a single ship...even a sloop.

Yeah, skellie sloops didn't exist at first...also the first skeleton raids had 5 waves instead of just 3 AND in the beginning barrels 1.0 was still a thing...so on a sloop 100 planks, 100 bananas 200 cannonballs, without supply crate drops (as far as I remember they didn't even exist back then)...we managed to finish it back then on a duo sloop, had no more planks left and 5 holes in the ship

• @lem0n-curry sagte in Skeleton Fleet Event:

@madfrito99 said in Skeleton Fleet Event:

@dlchief58 nerfed? no way…everytime i go to one on a sloop its non stop galleons…so no way its nerfed

We just did one - two waves: 2 galleons and galleon and sloop.
    We had ample time to get the loot of those two before the next wave. The captain sunk first, my friend picked up that loot while I put holes in the sloop :) it sunk at almost the same place as the captain.

Didn't there used to be 3 waves ? Or did another crew did the first bit while we picked up the Ashen Lord Loot and sold a bit ?

I was wondering too...the last couple of times it always was just 2 waves...
    When did that get a nerf?
    When it first started it was 5 waves, after "Cursed Sails" they nerfed it down to 3 waves, then they nerfed it down to skellie sloops spawning, then they nerfed theyr aim for player sloops...when did they make it just 2 waves I wonder...

• Nothing needs "fixing", why ask the bar to be lowered instead of learning ways to get past the challenge? People give you tips and tricks yet you don't want any of them, just having the difficulty reduced for "average" players. So far from you we get "PVP is bad, PVE is too hard". What next?

• @bloodybil you cant sit here and tell me going in on a sloop and getting 5 galleons and one sloop is fair…im still getting three waves fyi…all im saying is a little balancing needs to happen with sloops. thats all

@bloodybil you cant sit here and tell me going in on a sloop and getting 5 galleons and one sloop is fair…im still getting three waves fyi…all im saying is a little balancing needs to happen with sloops. thats all

I wouldn't call it unfair...just a tiny little bit rougher...
    Still easy on a duo sloop...and as I said, I prefer 2 skalleons over the 3 skloop waves

So you're sure it was 3 waves? As I said before, it's been a loooong looooong time I've seen 3 waves there

• @schwammlgott said in Skeleton Fleet Event:

@madfrito99 sagte in Skeleton Fleet Event:

@bloodybil you cant sit here and tell me going in on a sloop and getting 5 galleons and one sloop is fair…im still getting three waves fyi…all im saying is a little balancing needs to happen with sloops. thats all

Still easy on a duo sloop...and as I said, I prefer 2 skalleons over the 3 skloop waves

So you're sure it was 3 waves? As I said before, it's been a loooong looooong time I've seen 3 waves there

The one we did on Sunday was 3 waves I believe - 1st wave 1 galleon, 2nd wave 1 sloop, 3rd wave 2 galleons. I am sure the sloop was not present in the first wave and spawned right after the first galleon was sunk, not allowing time to get much loot. We did hear the horn as we were pulling on some of the first wave loot.

To be honest I was a little disappointed as to how easy it has become now when I was actually trying to do one of these. No longer a thing to fear in the game nor a good way to hinder those pursuing you anymore due to the reduced number of ships it spawns.

• @dlchief58 sagte in Skeleton Fleet Event:

@schwammlgott said in Skeleton Fleet Event:

@madfrito99 sagte in Skeleton Fleet Event:

The one we did on Sunday was 3 waves I believe - 1st wave 1 galleon, 2nd wave 1 sloop, 3rd wave 2 galleons. I am sure the sloop was not present in the first wave and spawned right after the first galleon was sunk, not allowing time to get much loot. We did hear the horn as we were pulling on some of the first wave loot.

To be honest I was a little disappointed as to how easy it has become now when I was actually trying to do one of these. No longer a thing to fear in the game nor a good way to hinder those pursuing you anymore due to the reduced number of ships it spawns.

Ok...wasn't the sloop just a bit late with it's spawn...as there is no wave with just 1 ship...either 1 galleon and 1 sloop, 2 galleons or 3 sloops...last wave is either 2 galleons or 1 galleon and 1 sloop

Postagens
Visualizações
33 de 43