Interactable Galleon Cabin Doors

• Enable us to interact with a Galleon's cabin doors to open them or close them, and have the door leading to the back be more open (not just halfway open). This could be done similarly to those little window thingies on the sloop's own cabin.

Postagens
    Visualizações
    just for funfeedback
  • @linentable78290 Maybe? Might make the galleon more bug inducing. Might make the galleon more fun. I'm fine with it just as long as you can't lock the doors to keep loot safe in there.

• @el-spaniardchi said in Interactable Galleon Cabin Doors:

@linentable78290 Maybe? Might make the galleon more bug inducing. Might make the galleon more fun. I'm fine with it just as long as you can't lock the doors to keep loot safe in there.

Yeah I do NOT want it to be able to be used to lock loot in. No locks, and perhaps have there be a short 1-2 second cooldown between each use to prevent you from also spam opening/closing for when there's a boarder, because I've seen games where spamming it effectively makes it almost impossible to fight the guy in the room, especially if the door opens and closes very fast.

• The windows that you can close on a brigantine and sloop only affects view - the doors would also affect movement and give a Galleon crew an extra (audio) signal that someone is walking around the ship.

So, no.

• @lem0n-curry to be fair, you can ladder hop through an open Sloop Window out to the Ladder to jump from inside the mid-deck to being outside and back up by the wheel again. So a closed window here does in fact do some to hinder potential movement options.

That said, I'm of mixed feelings as it pertains to this. It would need a fair bit of consideration, and I think more moving parts on the Ships in general is just more stuff the games has to be tracking and calculating when it comes to these already resource intensive things.

It would also need to be done in a way in which people trying to make sneak plays are not hindered entirely (as noted by it making noise that alerts the crew as this gives a potential advantage to this Ship type against a specific playstyle that other Ships would not have available which is against the spirit of the game). So either it doesn't have an audio assigned to it, or it has some kind of option to open quietly when they are closed so a sneak play has something to work with in hopes to not alert the crew to their presence (otherwise Crews will start storing all Loot in this area with the Doors closed so they always know if someone is making a play on them).

All in all, I'm not exactly sure it is completely worth the effort to apply this. It would be more immersive overall, but the knock on effects of it might not be worth that since this is still a game with a very explicit design intent at the end of the day.

• @redeyesith said in Interactable Galleon Cabin Doors:

@lem0n-curry to be fair, you can ladder hop through an open Sloop Window out to the Ladder to jump from inside the mid-deck to being outside and back up by the wheel again. So a closed window here does in fact do some to hinder potential movement options.

That said, I'm of mixed feelings as it pertains to this. It would need a fair bit of consideration, and I think more moving parts on the Ships in general is just more stuff the games has to be tracking and calculating when it comes to these already resource intensive things.

It would also need to be done in a way in which people trying to make sneak plays are not hindered entirely (as noted by it making noise that alerts the crew as this gives a potential advantage to this Ship type against a specific playstyle that other Ships would not have available which is against the spirit of the game). So either it doesn't have an audio assigned to it, or it has some kind of option to open quietly when they are closed so a sneak play has something to work with in hopes to not alert the crew to their presence (otherwise Crews will start storing all Loot in this area with the Doors closed so they always know if someone is making a play on them).

All in all, I'm not exactly sure it is completely worth the effort to apply this. It would be more immersive overall, but the knock on effects of it might not be worth that since this is still a game with a very explicit design intent at the end of the day.

Good points. At the very least I'd still want the door to be slightly more open. It feels too narrow a passage.

• @redeyesith said in Interactable Galleon Cabin Doors:

@lem0n-curry to be fair, you can ladder hop through an open Sloop Window out to the Ladder to jump from inside the mid-deck to being outside and back up by the wheel again. So a closed window here does in fact do some to hinder potential movement options.

Fun fact: Closing the window on the sloop does not impact one's ability to do the ladder grab trick. You would think closing the window prevents that maneuver...but it does not.

• @sweetsandman I've never been able to pull it off with it closed, but if some folks can more power to them

• Down votes anything that slows play

• @pithyrumble said in Interactable Galleon Cabin Doors:

Down votes anything that slows play

Hmm... why isn't there a downvote option though? It would give an easy way to see how many disagree with something, and I daresay it is a required feature of any forum that encourages players voting on ideas, suggestions and just comments/posts in general. Unless there is some specific reason not to include it?

• @hotklou9848 usually places don't include this, from a business perspective, as they see it as potential for spurring negativity. I don't personally agree with that sentiment, but that is normally what I hear around this topic.

Postagens
Visualizações
just for funfeedback
1 de 11