Diving is a major mistake

• Seriously, adding fast travel to a game focused on exploration is a huge misstep. You are removing a significant part of the gameplay and challenge, I suppose I can understand if it is for players with less time, allowing them to do more, but if that is the case it should be nerfed to only diving to outposts. A large amount of the game is just sailing, which is now a one way thing.

Wyświetlenia
    feedbackgeneral
  • You're a bit late on this one, as diving has been in the game for awhile now. I don't think it's necessarily that bad, since it's really only cutting out the first part of your voyage which is sailing to the first objective. After that you still need to haul loot around and bring it back to an outpost before you can dive again.

• From an encounter view it doesn't change much because of how easy it is for people to prevent those dives in a lot of scenarios.

Gotta create significant distance to even dive when other ships are around.

This means that the people diving either didn't have others around anyway or they got far enough away from another ship to where it doesn't change much anyway.

Issues imo have been mass exploiting in season 11 that lasted and continues to last way too long with the new system.

and diving is a crash fest for many which has really taken the wind out of the sails of season 11

• I kind of appreciate the diving, I mostly play solo for 2 to maybe 3 hours on an evening after work when I can, I don't tend to play at weekends as I usually have stuff to do. I was and still do mostly play HG cuz I find it's the most reliable way for me to make some gold, have a good fight and work towards a goal. The diving for pve has bought me back to pve content now tho as before sailing half way across the map sometimes against wind before I could do anything just felt like a waste of the little free time I have 😂 so I like the diving mechanic for that. Also if I see someone sailing around now I know 9 times out of 10 they've got something I can try take 😂

• Not wrong. But it not like you can actually fast travel with loot. So that is a bonus

• Diving can be a big help to get a bigger crew right into the action of a voyage or world event so I support it; it just gets you to your first destination.

But the real use of diving is to hop servers at Reaper V, it's keeping pvp alive and well if you can catch runners before they dive out of the server.

• @adlais8701

The game really isn't focused on exploration though. Never really was. It was very targeted. At best there was light exploration hunting for skeletons, and riddle locations. There was perhaps slightly more on the cow/chicken/snake hunt voyages back in the day, but those were unpopular for a reason.

What the game did have as one of it's foci was travel. However, the novelty of coordinating your crew to sail a ship across the ocean has long since faded in the game. This means the baseline fun of merely sailing from point a to point b just isn't as big a draw as it used to be.

The dive, for most, takes the starting travel out of the game (for the most part). If you log on to start a day of adventuring, you dive to your first voyage (sea ports/skelly fleet) for supplies, then continue on. Depending on what you are doing, you are likely moving on to voyages or World Events, to gather loot, but as long as you have loot on your ship, you are (probably) not diving. Meaning, all but the first leg of your journey is likely over the ocean.

This isn't always the case. Obviously, you can always repeatedly dive, event, sell dive, at which point, what you've done is guarantee that if you are attacked, you likely have loot.

• @vaughnsilver
    that it does.. for a Reaper V.. but for the Sloop who has a bunch of stacked loot with the horizon clear..
    Starts heading to the outpost to sell when suddenly there is a Reaper V 4 squares away headed right at me.
    Gulp.. A Reaper V Galleon just came out of nowhere and popped up a few squares from me.. Lovely.

• @tybald said in Diving is a major mistake:

@adlais8701

The game really isn't focused on exploration though.

You'd be surprised though. Rare puts clues in the game about current events and future plans. Some content Creators and their communities do a good job of finding them.

There is exploration if you know where to find it, just not in the uncharted lands department.

• @lordqulex

I didn't say there was no exploration, I said it wasn't focused on exploration. Further still, the type of exploration you describe here isn't the type that's going to be impacted by diving to a voyage.

• I would not say this games focus is on exploring, its mostly about the voyage, or the interaction among players, getting to that first island isnt much of an exploration since often its the closest island to you anyways.

Diving really does not change much. When you started a voyage before you would usually only opt to go to the nearest island, after which you just had to sail around to get the rest of the loot in the voyage or do more voyages if you didnt turn in right away. With diving nothing has changed except you dont have to sail so far to get to that first point, after you have loot onboard, you cant dive without losing your loot.

As for diving to outposts, i dont know what the point would be if you couldnt dive with the loot to sell, which i would be opposed to in every way to begin with/

• Only thing that it's changed is more shuffles on servers and player spawned world events...

As bugy as last two seasons are i saw much mor life on seas than before.

• To conclude, I'd add the requisite 'Diving Isn't Mandatory' note to the proceedings. If you don't want to dive in your play session, simply don't do it. Sail to your little heart's content all over the map.

What it sounds like you might want here is to prevent OTHER players from doing it based off a personal opinion on how you think THEY should be enjoying the game...which we can all mostly agree is in poor form and ought not be given even a moment's consideration.

Wyświetlenia
feedbackgeneral
10 z 13