Is Insider Not on Microsoft Store or Xbox anymore?

• Just now I went to load up Sea of Thieves Insider on my computer and when it launched, it said it was not available on my account anymore. So I decided to uninstall and reinstall it and when I did, could not find it anywhere on the store or the Xbox app either. Then the only way I could get the game on my computer was to get a steam code which worked but this begs the question...

Is Sea of Thieves Insider not on the Microsoft Store and Xbox anymore?

Even though this seems like a mystery now, I would much rather play it through the store rather than syncing my Xbox profile through steam. Any ideas on how to get it back or if it is gone for good?

Wyświetlenia
    feedbackgeneralquestioncommunitywindows 10
  • @necrositic weird that it said it wasn't available on your account anymore, given that shiny Insider badge you have... I'd pop in a support ticket.

I had this though with the new Series S; couldn't find the game and I just searched for SoT insider on the store on my Xbox and it found it.
    It should definitely be there on the app though...

• You can try to setch for it manuly, or go to the insider hub and find it in there.

• @necrositic It seems that for now, you'll need to use this link:

• Yeah that did not work either when Rare sent it to me

• Refresh the link a couple of times if it doesn't work (also make sure you are logged in on the correct account).

• @shoes026708 What region are you in if you don't mind me asking?

Only reason I can think of for it not being available is that the link directs to UK English store. Make sure you are logged in (with the correct account that has Insider access as mentioned) and it should be available to download.

• @triheadedmonkey said in Is Insider Not on Microsoft Store or Xbox anymore?:

Only reason I can think of for it not being available is that the link directs to UK English store. Make sure you are logged in (with the correct account that has Insider access as mentioned) and it should be available to download.

I initially thought that might be the issue too... so I redirected it to the Irish store and it fixed it... However, I tested it again (closed and reopened Chrome). UK didn't work on first load but simply refreshing the page made it work, still on UK store. I think it's just an issue on the Microsoft website not working first time for some reason.

• @triheadedmonkey US This has been a nightmare trying to figure out

• @shoes026708 said in Is Insider Not on Microsoft Store or Xbox anymore?:

@triheadedmonkey US This has been a nightmare trying to figure out

US store link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/sea-of-thieves-insider/9p54wfhg498g

Make sure you are logged in top right. If it says it's not available, refresh the page.

• @realstyli logged in with correct account and tried hitting F5 for about 3 minutes straight in chrome, Opened Edge tried there still says unavailable. Even swapped to US site with nothing.

• @shoes026708

Yes, that's what I was seeing before I refreshed and it fixed it for me. Odd.

Interestingly, the link appears to be completely broken for me now ("We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found"). So it's possible Support are working on this behind the scenes as we speak.

(Edit: and it's back)

• @shoes026708 Are you over 18? (The other thought that came to mind)

• @triheadedmonkey 50 :P

• @shoes026708 ha....OK...just had to check.

The links are valid. Are you able to open the Windows Store and log out? (top right, click the account/profile picture and sign out), alternatively you can click in the Windows search bar (to the right of the Windows Start button) and type

WSreset Right click and run as Administrator, wait for it to complete (black Command prompt box will disappear) and try again with the links above.

• @triheadedmonkey WSRESET did nothing that I can tell, I have signed in and out multiple times on various browsers. Even deauthorized my old PC from my account, Left insiders and rejoined, Had Store/Xbox/Microsoft support all look at it. Fully updated everything including windows.

• @shoes026708 Is this (the one you are using here on the Forums Shoes026708 ) the same Gamertag that shows on Windows Store?

• @triheadedmonkey yes

• Well same email that is connected to this GT

• @shoes026708 In that case I'll pass it on to the Team to check. The links provided are valid and I can't see any reason that they wouldn't work! You are PC I take it? Windows 10 Comp? Has it worked previously? If it has worked before, did you get a 'Beard Error' before?

• @triheadedmonkey PC player most current ver. of win10 worked before my PC got hit by a power surge and fried it. Also thank you for your time and effort it is appreciated.

• @triheadedmonkey https://gyazo.com/cac579122ec74452131ce66135f1e47a signed in and out a couple of times while on the page and it finally popped up took me to the store and is downloading as you can see.

• Glad you finally go it work out!

• @triheadedmonkey You don't know how life-saving this one post is, I spent over an hour on the Microsoft store and Xbox apps, clicked on this, and 2 minutes later got the version. People like you are the reason the internet is standing/

• Having similar issue, it just patches in season 1 without later updates

• As this thread was months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

For the record, Insider build can be found here:

Wyświetlenia
feedbackgeneralquestioncommunitywindows 10
26 z 27